Chance to steal blueprints

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Nekudotayim_
x4

Chance to steal blueprints

Post by Nekudotayim_ » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 17:41

I cannot seem to find any info about it. What are the chances to steal a blueprint for a station? In comparison to the friendly approach, there is no hint/feedback about the chance of success.

fireanddream
xr

Re: Chance to steal blueprints

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 18:04

I think there is? There is a bar that shows the chance and the higher your notoriety and the more agent points you spend the higher the chance. Your agents may get caught while doing renegade missions but acquiring blueprints needs you to purchase them while stealing doesn't. The goner asked for 300m for the blueprint of their temple, so I rejected the offer and stole it. :lol:

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 18:25

Nekudotayim_ wrote:
Sun, 13. Feb 22, 17:41
I cannot seem to find any info about it. What are the chances to steal a blueprint for a station? In comparison to the friendly approach, there is no hint/feedback about the chance of success.
I am not sure, if there is any logic to this or anything known about its mechanic. To me it seems completely random.
It was stated, that after a failed attempt the follow-up try has a higher chance for success. Don't know how to measure this
Most stations I needed 3-5 attempts to steal - but I had also small/cheap ones that needed 8 attempts. Very frustating... And then, I also had the occasional 'lucky first try'.

Overall, I think it is much easier to simply buy the blueprints.

Nekudotayim_
x4

Post by Nekudotayim_ » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 18:34

fireanddream wrote:
Sun, 13. Feb 22, 18:04
I think there is? There is a bar that shows the chance and the higher your notoriety and the more agent points you spend the higher the chance.
That bar exists only when acquiring blueprints. There is no such display when trying to steal it or I am blind.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 20:13

The chance is not displayed- stealing takes two tasks regardless of how many more than that your agent has remaining and if your agent fails those extra tasks are lost. To make sure you don't waste tasks, only send agents with two left stealing.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 14. Feb 22, 03:45

Ah yes you can't see the success chance on sabotage missions. Just keep trying again and again with agents.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 14. Feb 22, 05:15

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 13. Feb 22, 20:13
The chance is not displayed- stealing takes two tasks regardless of how many more than that your agent has remaining and if your agent fails those extra tasks are lost. To make sure you don't waste tasks, only send agents with two left stealing.
That is only if they get caught. I don't know what the percentage is, but if an agent is not caught stealing, then they still return if they have tasks left. Plus, when you attempt to steal, you actually get a rep bump slightly when they fail. So even if they fail, you get the bump (even if they got caught). Its helpful if your skirting the 2 or 3 red bar mark diplomatically. And the bump doesn't cost you anything negative with the other factions. At least not that I have ever noticed.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 14. Feb 22, 07:12

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 14. Feb 22, 05:15
Sovereign01 wrote:
That is only if they get caught. I don't know what the percentage is, but if an agent is not caught stealing, then they still return if they have tasks left. Plus, when you attempt to steal, you actually get a rep bump slightly when they fail. So even if they fail, you get the bump (even if they got caught). Its helpful if your skirting the 2 or 3 red bar mark diplomatically. And the bump doesn't cost you anything negative with the other factions. At least not that I have ever noticed.
They fail more often than not though, there is literally no reason why you'd send an agent with more than two tasks remaining.

Nekudotayim_
x4

Post by Nekudotayim_ » Mon, 14. Feb 22, 07:19

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 14. Feb 22, 07:12
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:
They fail more often than not though, there is literally no reason why you'd send an agent with more than two tasks remaining.
I am doing combat missions with that Nemesis I got in the starting area. Almost all of the combat missions grant an agent. So I do not care, how many action points they have left. Just gimme the blues please.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 14. Feb 22, 18:41

Nekudotayim_ wrote:
Mon, 14. Feb 22, 07:19
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 14. Feb 22, 07:12
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I am doing combat missions with that Nemesis I got in the starting area. Almost all of the combat missions grant an agent. So I do not care, how many action points they have left. Just gimme the blues please.
I've been getting my agents from taxi missions, mostly from the Teladi as that doesn't rock the boat with notoriety :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”