Property Custom Grouping - What is it for?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Brinnie
x3tc

Property Custom Grouping - What is it for?

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 23:14

As in the post's subject:

What is "property custom grouping" in the Property configuration for?

delucks

Re: Property Custom Grouping - What is it for?

Post by delucks » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 00:01

If you set the Property screen's sorting to "Custom", the names you add from this menu become sections of the Property menu. This is useful for grouping your ships by role or some other category that isn't covered by the other sort and grouping options.

The menu path is Property -> Options -> Group Ships By -> Custom.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 02:44

delucks wrote:
Wed, 16. Feb 22, 00:01
If you set the Property screen's sorting to "Custom", the names you add from this menu become sections of the Property menu. This is useful for grouping your ships by role or some other category that isn't covered by the other sort and grouping options.

The menu path is Property -> Options -> Group Ships By -> Custom.
wOw!

That is a really neat addition to the property menu, I am sure it wasn't in AP, that is going to be really handy.

Thank you Delucks, much appreciated. :thumb_up:

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 07:01

This is a life changer for me. I group my ships into "default", "logistics" and "traders". That way when I open the property menu I get to see every single ship in my possession, but the personal ones first, then the HQ non-combat logistic ships, and then the traders for various stations. If I scroll down once in a while I can quickly glance at my trader ships to see if any of them are having weird behaviors.

I used to homebase my traders and set homebase ships to hidden, but FL gives you a very handy "jump home" shortcut without going into the console menu, so I homebase all my ships to gain access to this command, and property grouping allows me to quickly find all the ships I frequently fly.

Another small but crucial change: ships with homebase assigned will keep their homebase status even if you personally fly them. Such a small but critical change.

The more I play the more small changes I find. FL is really amazing. If only there are less bugs.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 11:47

fireanddream wrote:
Wed, 16. Feb 22, 07:01
... but FL gives you a very handy "jump home" shortcut without going into the console menu, so I homebase all my ships to gain access to this command, and property grouping allows me to quickly find all the ships I frequently fly.

Do you mean the one you access by left clicking on the ship's name and then clicking on orders ?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 20:06

Brinnie wrote:
Wed, 16. Feb 22, 11:47
fireanddream wrote:
... but FL gives you a very handy "jump home" shortcut without going into the console menu, so I homebase all my ships to gain access to this command, and property grouping allows me to quickly find all the ships I frequently fly.

Do you mean the one you access by left clicking on the ship's name and then clicking on orders ?
New command you get with the Navigation Command Software. Don't shoot if I am mis-guessing, should be number 5 of the navigate commands. :P
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 06:33

Brinnie wrote:
I think so? Usually there are a few orders like follow me that you can click without going into the console, new in FL there are two commands called return home and jump home, super convenient.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 15:21

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 16. Feb 22, 20:06
Brinnie wrote:
fireanddream wrote:

New command you get with the Navigation Command Software. Don't shoot if I am mis-guessing, should be number 5 of the navigate commands. :P
Don't worry Brig we come in peace.

@Fireanddream, I have found it and yes it is handy.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”