Rare Blueprint Collector achievement

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Rare Blueprint Collector achievement

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 14:45

What are the ships that count under the Rare Blueprint achievement? Are they the buyable special ships? I heard that achievement may be bugged, so I'd like to know for sure.
That's because the only set of blueprints I have yet to get are the Terran ones. If there's no achievement for that, I might leave it aside for now and just go after the Valhalla.

fireanddream
xr

Re: Rare Blueprint Collector achievement

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 16:34

I think it is bugged because the achievement counts the UFO. Otherwise, any ships with an "enhanced" "advanced" and "prototype" pre- and suffix as well as Yaki, Pirate, and corporate ships are a safe bet.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 18:48

From HERE:
DanKara wrote:
Sat, 13. Nov 21, 15:44
The ARAN is not needed for any "Collector"

Special Blueprint Collector:
- 5 ships - only Aldrin- and Deca-ships
- no suprise there

Rare Blueprint Collector:
- 39 ships + UFO
- All Dplomacy-ships (except Guppy, Advanced Baracuda)
- Prototyps for Mercury, Vulture, Demeter, Tukan, Scorpion, Asp, Nova
- Advanced for Express, Eclipse
- Enhanced for Mercury, Kea
- [Edit] Vanguard (not Raider) for Kite, Hyperion

Common Blueprint Collector:
- 309 ships - all the rest [Edit] minus some
- including non-buyables like Walhalla, Maru, Xenon, Kha'ak, Starbust, Arrow, Tukan-Freighter and some more M3-M5.
- [Edit] no: Wahlhalla, Maru, Atmo-TL are neither Commen nor Rare

I have already contacted CYCROW and he was kind enough to answer. In short:
“UFO-blueprint is removed in next Patch [v1.4]… If there is a next patch”

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 21:51

No point in going for the Terran special ships then. Valhalla hunting it is.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 11:30

According to this aged post (10th post from top) it is / was possible to add blueprints via memory hacking.

So we (might still) have a method to add the as of yet unobtainable 'UFO blueprint" !
What I am still searching for are the (hex?) values for the for the ufo and some other easy to get blueprints like the scorpion.
Don't have clue, can't find or can't understand the given reference. Would like a helping hand on this...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 11:46

that would only work if you still had an obtainable blueprint left to get.

as simply adding the blueprint to the memory would not trigger the achievement check. So you will need to obtain a blueprint in the normal way after to trigger it

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 12:10

Rapid Response Post! :lol:
Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 23. Feb 22, 11:46
that would only work if you still had an obtainable blueprint left to get.

as simply adding the blueprint to the memory would not trigger the achievement check. So you will need to obtain a blueprint in the normal way after to trigger it
So, despite of that ... Can or will you help? I am nearing the 688 blueprints in a second game (left some out on purpose)...
I see the danger to it, as it would apply to any blueprint (even weapons, shield and whatnots) and could turn the 'Collector'-achievements even more meaningless. But thats the same for 'Epic Empire', 'Xtreme', 'Influential'(?) and many more.

... or is there some news (or ETA) for patch 1.4?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 12:48

i've never used any of the memory hackers/cheat engine, so i wouldn't know exactly how they work.

but simply adding the blueprint will most likely not be possible, as they are stored in a table, and simply modifying memory wouldn't allow you to add items into a table that easily.

what was described in the post was changing the production queue item, which wouldn't actually add the blueprint.

A better option might be to simply find an existing blueprint, and replace the id with that of the UFO.
one of the special ships would be best for this, as they wont generally be found elsewhere, like the Spitfyre or Springblossom.

the id for all types in the game are stored as a main and sub type, the sub type being the position in the types file. The main type makes up the upper 16bit and the sub type the lower 16bit of a single integer.

you can also find the value of any item using the script editor

Code: Select all

$type = change datatype [UFO] to DATATYPE_INT

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 13:08

I thank you sincerely, even if most of it is wasted on me.
Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 23. Feb 22, 12:48
the id for all types in the game are stored as a main and sub type, the sub type being the position in the types file. The main type makes up the upper 16bit and the sub type the lower 16bit of a single integer.
Crap... I am so out of my depth here.
[strike]Regardless, stumbling around blind has helped me in the past...[/strike] :gruebel:
Edit: not as easy as I thought... lack understanding ... need a step-by-step-guide :oops:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”