Goner Temple?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Hwitvlf

Goner Temple?

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 04:08

Has anyone has found a good use for the Goner Temple? Considering its hefty pricetag, I wonder if I'm missing something useful about it.

fireanddream
xr

Re: Goner Temple?

Post by fireanddream » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 04:37

Fun fact, their blueprint costs like 500m.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 10:25

Yeah, for half a billion, I thought it would have unlimited small ship docking and a few capitals or something, but it seems to just be a regular basic dock.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 12:05

You're paying for that custom Goner design.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 19:44

It should at least come with a coupon for $1 off your next purchase of an Ozias. :P

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 25. Feb 22, 04:20

Is it just the Boron equipment dock that has that feature or are there others? And for that matter, are there any that allow unlimited big ships to dock?

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 25. Feb 22, 07:52

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 25. Feb 22, 04:20
Is it just the Boron equipment dock that has that feature or are there others? And for that matter, are there any that allow unlimited big ships to dock?
Yes only the Boron EQ dock can store infinite M6s. Infinite capital dock is not possible because the dock model will have to change each time a capital ship is dock. Imagining hiding an Aran inside a dock somewhere.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 25. Feb 22, 18:06

fireanddream wrote:
Fri, 25. Feb 22, 07:52
Sovereign01 wrote:
Yes only the Boron EQ dock can store infinite M6s. Infinite capital dock is not possible because the dock model will have to change each time a capital ship is dock. Imagining hiding an Aran inside a dock somewhere.
I keep my Aran docked at the PHQ. Factor in the pair of Ozias' comprising my mining fleet, Elephant (my first TL), Atmo Lifter and Mobile Pirate Station and you can see why I have need of more capital docking space. I have to keep my M7M parked there so it doesn't take potshots at every hostile ship not actively causing problems. Except for Xenon, it can kill as many of those as it wants! :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 6. Jun 22, 04:58

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 25. Feb 22, 18:06
fireanddream wrote:
Fri, 25. Feb 22, 07:52
Sovereign01 wrote:
I keep my Aran docked at the PHQ. Factor in the pair of Ozias' comprising my mining fleet, Elephant (my first TL), Atmo Lifter and Mobile Pirate Station and you can see why I have need of more capital docking space. I have to keep my M7M parked there so it doesn't take potshots at every hostile ship not actively causing problems. Except for Xenon, it can kill as many of those as it wants! :lol:
Goner Temple---- It's a rich mans way of saying, look how many creditsss I have to spend on a worthless dock. lol.... Now had they included the ability to release slaves at it, that would have been a different story. But only the official goner temple let's you do that. :D

Don't forget to be OOS if you dock or undock that Aran. It merges with the PHQ when it docks physically. I treat mine like a mobile equipment dock.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”