Boarding I

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Boarding I

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 06:25

Well now I know- even despite having its missiles nerfed since the days of TC, the Skirnir is indeed the best M7M for clearing Xenon sectors. The biggest M7M cargo bay more than makes up for the 33% extra space the Shadow requires relative to the Hammer because the missile does 50% more damage per warhead but is only fractionally slower. And the Ghoul missile, despite also being slower than the Flail does 30% more damage and the Flail occupies 40% more space, further compensating for the space the Shadow requires.

Really I'm running out of things to do now since it's still several hours before the PSP plant finishes upgrading to XXL and will be several more before it finishes a production cycle and I can arm one of my Valhallas, Kyoto and Xenon I. The queue for reverse engineering is already a dozen ships long thanks to recent boarding operations, I can't get through them fast enough to clear docking space in the HQ.

I'm forced to conclude that unlike with the ATF M2s where there's an even chance of a Valhalla or Tyr spawning when it goes down (with them only ever possessing 1 at a time), the M1 will always spawn an Odin and not a Woden. According to the script editor the Woden is classified as an M1+, the only such ship in the game. While being superior to the Odin in most respects it falls down in two areas- the Odin has nearly half again as many docking spaces and 2,500 more cargo space.

It would appear I'm going to have to end up buying the ship, looks like that's going to be one last diplomatic challenge.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 22:07

Hi guys,
Regarding to boarding P/PX it's always possible to get them without marines loosing. Just always sent exactly 11 marines in 3 pods and they and 3-4 save/load will do the job. I got some of PX when was considering creating a fleet of them to protect my property, but now I'm thinking M6 are useless for that purposes because could be easily killed.

I also got one "I" with the "second-wave" method. It cost me 15 marines but all my 26 elite marines survived. These 15 ones I got from pilots that jumped our from their ships in the empty Yaki sector. These pilots don't have a destination station because there are no stations in that sector. So, I sent them to my training base, turning them to marines. When they got ready I tried to board an "I" that was sitting in one of my sectors with two other "K" and small support group. I had no missiles and ship for them, so it took me some time to get rid off these intruders. Once "I" was left alone I tried the boarding and realized that one group cannot open the hull and always ends outside. So I had to postpone the assault and sent all marines to a mobile outpost to train them for 2 stars of "mechanic". My elite fighters were sitting on a ship and waiting. After some time on SETA I got these 15 ex-pilots trained and repeated the attempt. Used Kogarasu Maru to knock down the shields, launched 15 marines from one ship with the "Piracy" command and after 40 seconds launched 26 elite marines from another ship. I was lucky to find the right interval very quickly, perhaps at the second or the third attempt. First time I lost 2 elite marines and reloaded the last saved game but next attempt I didn't lose any of them. The first group died of course. Some of them were able to hold out until deck 3 and then the elite group started at deck 4 and passed through this and next 5th deck without any problem.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Wed, 12. Oct 22, 16:34

I got my Xenon I on third day of playing think it was like May 7th or so on version 1.0 or was already 1.1... anyways cant remember
Basically ik i rushed like a madman Marine Trainings with my Acinonyx Prototype, then with Carrack and then later on with Cobra, for Xenon Q i just boarded it and basically get the achievment and reloaded the save and went straight to Xenon I on same sector, was Xenon Sector 695, and ye i basically lost just 6 marines out of my total 58 Marines ( 6 were mostly 4 star ones ) and i had spare ones in my Carrack, but ye second or even third wave greatly reduces the chances your marines will die, the Acinonyx + Carrack + Cobra is pretty good combo, all can board ships with Boarding Pods and theyre cheap to get...only issue is early game, when you need to get high enough relations with Diplomacy after that is easy

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 12. Oct 22, 17:36

-XeNoN- wrote:
Wed, 12. Oct 22, 16:34
I got my Xenon I on third day of playing think it was like May 7th or so on version 1.0 or was already 1.1... anyways cant remember
Basically ik i rushed like a madman Marine Trainings with my Acinonyx Prototype, then with Carrack and then later on with Cobra, for Xenon Q i just boarded it and basically get the achievment and reloaded the save and went straight to Xenon I on same sector, was Xenon Sector 695, and ye i basically lost just 6 marines out of my total 58 Marines ( 6 were mostly 4 star ones ) and i had spare ones in my Carrack, but ye second or even third wave greatly reduces the chances your marines will die, the Acinonyx + Carrack + Cobra is pretty good combo, all can board ships with Boarding Pods and theyre cheap to get...only issue is early game, when you need to get high enough relations with Diplomacy after that is easy
You don't want to board Xenon with marines with anything less than 100 in combat, and anything less than max marines+1. Since their price was increased from AP, boarding pods are now cheaper to make at the HQ than to buy.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 13. Oct 22, 09:06

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 12. Oct 22, 17:36
-XeNoN- wrote:
Wed, 12. Oct 22, 16:34
You don't want to board Xenon with marines with anything less than 100 in combat, and anything less than max marines+1. Since their price was increased from AP, boarding pods are now cheaper to make at the HQ than to buy.
??? Read again please, ik about it i said i lost only 4 star marines that had less than 100 in combat although i didnt mentioned how much combat they had

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”