Can I freely explore all HSAP sectors before NPC start claiming them?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

bounty_hunter66
x4

Can I freely explore all HSAP sectors before NPC start claiming them?

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 10:58

Hi,

Sorry for such an outdated question. I'm always one or two X games behind.

I read around that the NPC will also claim HSAP sectors, and you can't claim all of them for yourself. When is this process triggered? When I place relay beacons or when I build the first TOA? Can I freely explore them before choosing the one I want to claim?

Also as a secondary question. How many HSAP sectors are there in a game? Is it a fixed number?

Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Can I freely explore all HSAP sectors before NPC start claiming them?

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 12:10

The process is triggered after you have claimed your first one and built the TOA.

So this guarantees you get the first pick.

The number of HSAP sectors available in any game is 9. But these are different in each game as they are randomly picked from a larger pool of sectors. 2 of them however are reserved for the AI and cant be claimed

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 13:12

I know 21 sectors that are called HSAP- or Beta-sectors or 'Remote Sector Location' (RSL - by ingame encyklopedia).
4 of those contain a jumpgate to yet another sector. Of these only 2 are active in each game - but are reserved for NPC-factions (don't build there - unless knowing what you are about). From the remainder only 9 are active in each game and might be found and used by the player.

You can place the 3x nav-beacons (buoys) for each of these 11 HSAP and explore all/use all sectors beyond - if you don't claim (any) one HSAP for a player-build TOA first. Did that in one of my games. Don't think, that approach is viable any longer as it prevents you from starting the Terran Plot. In that game I was able to claim and place 4 TOA's and took 3 connected sectors for myself (still have the option for the last).

You can buy the rights to place a TOA from the Explorer Guild (claim HSAP) for each of the 9 HSAP. I think, thats the point at which the NPC-factions start to move - though CYCROW stated otherwiese... :gruebel:
I think it was also stated, that if you claim a HSAP and build the TOA there, you are the one able to claim that sector for yourself. But I experienced otherwise. In one of my games I explored only one HSAP and build exactly that one TOA (to start the Terran Plot). Much to my surprise the NPC-faction had already moved into the next RSL beyond the 2nd HSAP I explored and had already claimed that sector even without an explored HSAP or build TOA. In that game I could only claim one further HSAP and before I placed the TOA in that location I explored the remaining HSAP's and RSL, which where all already taken (hence my dissens with the statement of a developer). So in that game I build two TOA's and claimed exactly one RSL-sector :rant: (well, can live with that).

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 14:33

After you place your first TOA, the other factions will start to claim the other HSAP sectors. However, this does not appear to be an instantaneous thing. I had every HSAP monitored by satellite and I checked on them semi regularly until sometime after I placed my second TOA. They hadn't claimed any sectors by then. I lost track of that until I decided I should try to claim a third sector and saw that the other factions had already claimed several.

So, first is certain to go to you. Second is highly likely. Third? Be prepared to act fast. Beyond that, good luck. The game won't allow you to claim additional sectors until you've placed the TOA on a claimed sector first.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Fri, 22. Apr 22, 15:12

Interesting. Thanks.

I guess I will take my time to explore them first.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”