General mechanics help?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

kar dragon
x4

General mechanics help?

Post by kar dragon » Wed, 18. May 22, 01:28

I am having a hard time figuring how several commands and features of the game work, like the fleet commands that are currently bugged and showing for the fleet ships instead of the leader.

In this case, I have yet to figure out the following for carriers:
  • What's the difference between a supplier and a buyer, besides the buyer continuously filling the carrier beyond it's fuel setting?
  • How to make it go equip the managed fighters to a designed loadout?
  • How to better control the carrier so the fighters work properly?
Any help on the subject would be very much appreciated. I might edit this post to add more questions as I run across them.
Last edited by kar dragon on Fri, 27. May 22, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Carrier mechanics help?

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 18. May 22, 16:49

The difference between a Buyer and a Supplier is that Buyers use credits and buy from NPC stations, whereas suppliers will goto your own stations (without using credits)
The buyers might be filling beyond the carriers resupply settings as they use the combined resupply settings of the carrier and all management ships

The fighters should resupply once they return to the carrier. This should happen whenever you move the carrier or stop the current command

The fighters are generally used when you give the carrier any combat commands, it'll launch and use the fighters rather than trying to attack itself

kar dragon
x4

Post by kar dragon » Wed, 18. May 22, 17:19

Thanks for the answer, although that didn't quite clarify the middle question. I was asking how to make the managed ships get equipped like the template assigned to them, as in guns, shields, and software that are assigned to the template.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 18. May 22, 20:35

For the Loadouts, you need to have the required wares in your HQ and the carrier needs to be within its travel range of the HQ.

Then as long as the carrier is idle, it will send the ships to the HQ to get equipped.

kar dragon
x4

Post by kar dragon » Wed, 18. May 22, 21:20

I expected, yet was afraid, that this would be the case. It's going to be quite a few agents to get all the equipment, or at least figuring out how the equipment dock's research work. :o Still, thanks for the answer to my questions so far.

kar dragon
x4

Re: General mechanics help?

Post by kar dragon » Fri, 27. May 22, 05:55

Alright, next question is technically about carriers, even if the drone variant, but I thought best to change the thread to be more broad in scope anyways. :)

So, I have acquired a Griffon recently and have been testing out its features. Thing is, when trying its unique ability (marine transfer), I couldn't get it to get marines from my TPs to my M7M. Are there any requirements for the transfer to happen that aren't obvious at first glance? After some reflection, I assume it's the lack of transportation devices on the drones?

kar dragon
x4

Post by kar dragon » Tue, 31. May 22, 16:19

We all lose profitssss with this lack of answers. :teladi:

That being said, I seem to be wrong about the transporter device being the issue, as all my drones had it. What am I missing for the marine transfer to work? Is it only when boarding is in progress? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 07:35

kar dragon wrote:
Fri, 27. May 22, 05:55
Alright, next question is technically about carriers, even if the drone variant, but I thought best to change the thread to be more broad in scope anyways. :)

So, I have acquired a Griffon recently and have been testing out its features. Thing is, when trying its unique ability (marine transfer), I couldn't get it to get marines from my TPs to my M7M. Are there any requirements for the transfer to happen that aren't obvious at first glance? After some reflection, I assume it's the lack of transportation devices on the drones?
The Headquarters is much like any equipment dock, just with special features.

Add the (lets call it mechanics or modules) equipment via Diplomacy. Purchasing or stealing them from the difference races.
Add the equip-ables like Weapons / Shields like you would anything else by transferring or using the add ware command found in the stations command interface.

To use the features you first have to create a template with the first one done manually. The headquarters will take a snapshot of the ships "loadout" and store it.
In a snapshot:
Shields, Lasers, Missiles and Ammo should all be self explanatory.

These next ones I will include a little explanation, but it should be kind of obvious.
Equipment - Fight Command Software, Navigation Software, Jump Drive, etc...
Settings - Command Console Settings; Jump Drive Configuration; Emergency Jump - Shield too low?; Blacklist; etc...
Upgrades - Tunings and Cargo Bay Extensions
Save Loadout - Save and name your loadout. It'll appear in a section under the current docked ships (this is where you save the template initially) once made in the stations 'D' trade menu.

Basically you select to include in the load out by selecting yes or no for each section. Keep in mind the Settings can be a royal pain in the you know what if a ship jumps out at 90% shield strength and it was unintended.

In the saved loadouts you select the loadout you created, then it will show you all the ships docked that are of that type. You can either apply to all, or individually. It takes any credits needed from the stations balance / account.

By the way, you can create an empty template to strip a ship and sell all un-needed equipment back to the station. IE; jump drives, transporter device, turbo booster, etc... Helps if you plan to scrap or RE something and want to regain the money on equipment first. You can't sell it back any other way.

I put a bit of detail into this hoping it helps. Cheers!!
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”