Bug list?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

ZosX
x3ap

Bug list?

Post by ZosX » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 19:07

Has anyone started a bug list for FL?

I can think of several off hand after about 300 hours in.

Graphs seem to be broken. The goods traded graphs don't work for instance. Profit seems to work. Net worth seems to have a bug where after a certain point it runs out of bounds and displays a massive spike in profits. It's happened to all of my complexes so far. Opening the goods graphs on the PHQ causes the game to lock up if you have enough wares in there. That never happened in AP.

Station manager works great but notably my traders assigned to the PHQ get stuck buying things and never returning. Resetting the station manager periodically fixes this.

Fleets are totally broken as noted in another thread. Call to arms does work on the leader and so does having a member of the fleet issue an invade sector. They will all follow suit. Resupply is totally broken. I think the fleet commander has to call it for it to work.

One option I found is to make a fleet and have the leader issue a broadcast to the rest of the fleet to protect it and then has have it patrol or whatever on its own. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Does gun switching work like in AP? I don't think I've seen the AI change load outs on the fly. I'm pretty sure that was a special script you could run from the ship's console right along with missile defense?

I see missile defense is baked in now but there don't seem to be any other special commands that can be set now.

Can someone at Egosoft confirm that pathfinding was tweaked because I'm getting a lot less AI related collisions across the board and formations no longer seem to be as much of a problem. Jumping with formations is still a roll of the dice with M7s and larger. It does seem to be improved though.

What else was changed from AP besides extended scripting support?

Also, if I set additional wares for resupply, issuing a resupply to a trader only resupplies missiles and ammunition I think? Where should that setting kick in?

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Bug list?

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 18. Jun 22, 04:53

I've got a complex that, according to the transaction reports, is buying intermediate products despite trading being set to 'no'. Not exactly ideal for production when it has been designed to be self-sufficient.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 10:39

- I can confirm that setting up a patrol is broken as well. The fleet commander will patrol alone while the rest of his fleet sits idle.

- I can also say that sometimes I get hit with collision damage when a target is over 6 km away from me. It's usually when I am trying to move away from it and it is chasing me. I've had it happen now in an M6 and M7M both. (Springblossom and Kraken.)

- With the dual police license, you will lose it every time you fly through a allied corporation's sector if you don't meet the rep requirements. Example: Argon Police License. I am near max with Argon, but only 2 green with OTAS. Every time I fly through OTAS space it takes it with no warning. Just does it. Same will happen with Terracorp, Strong Arms(Split), Atreus(Boron).

- Last I checked, the Split Dragon was glitched in OOS combat. Meaning it doesn't get an attack phase. Tested this out and lost one to a pair of Yaki M5.

- The turret swap, the option is still available. I don't know if it works, but I set it up once and when I went back, the turret settings had reverted back to Attack My Target. The NPC ships turrets do switch to answer the original poster's question.

- Some of the AI ships (Scavengers) will have a destination set to unavailable sectors. They will float in a pirate sector for example, and have a destination set to one of the discoverable sectors that was locked out for that play through.

- Drone Carriers do not always take control of a drone that is docked there. The attempt is made, but the drone becomes unusable temporarily. The work around to this is to remove it from control through Carrier Management, then re-add it as a drone. You can tell it's glitched because the drone will dock, but not be made homebased.

- Special Command - Collect Wares or Collect Ware; both drones and ships will sometimes freeze while executing this command. I've had expensive items sitting both in system and OOS de-spawn because the dumb ship or drone just froze 2 km from the ware.

- Station Manager - This will sometimes send a ship to pick up a free ware floating in space. While annoying to have to compete with it, what's worse is it will attempt to pick up wares larger than the ship can carry. (Wishful thinking note: Also kind of a shame there isn't a scavenger software package that you can put on a TS, or package for Ozias/Aran to send it's TS ships to scoop up free wares.)
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ZosX
x3ap

Post by ZosX » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 16:53

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 10:39
- I can confirm that setting up a patrol is broken as well. The fleet commander will patrol alone while the rest of his fleet sits idle.

- I can also say that sometimes I get hit with collision damage when a target is over 6 km away from me. It's usually when I am trying to move away from it and it is chasing me. I've had it happen now in an M6 and M7M both. (Springblossom and Kraken.)

- With the dual police license, you will lose it every time you fly through a allied corporation's sector if you don't meet the rep requirements. Example: Argon Police License. I am near max with Argon, but only 2 green with OTAS. Every time I fly through OTAS space it takes it with no warning. Just does it. Same will happen with Terracorp, Strong Arms(Split), Atreus(Boron).

- Last I checked, the Split Dragon was glitched in OOS combat. Meaning it doesn't get an attack phase. Tested this out and lost one to a pair of Yaki M5.

- The turret swap, the option is still available. I don't know if it works, but I set it up once and when I went back, the turret settings had reverted back to Attack My Target. The NPC ships turrets do switch to answer the original poster's question.

- Some of the AI ships (Scavengers) will have a destination set to unavailable sectors. They will float in a pirate sector for example, and have a destination set to one of the discoverable sectors that was locked out for that play through.

- Drone Carriers do not always take control of a drone that is docked there. The attempt is made, but the drone becomes unusable temporarily. The work around to this is to remove it from control through Carrier Management, then re-add it as a drone. You can tell it's glitched because the drone will dock, but not be made homebased.

- Special Command - Collect Wares or Collect Ware; both drones and ships will sometimes freeze while executing this command. I've had expensive items sitting both in system and OOS de-spawn because the dumb ship or drone just froze 2 km from the ware.

- Station Manager - This will sometimes send a ship to pick up a free ware floating in space. While annoying to have to compete with it, what's worse is it will attempt to pick up wares larger than the ship can carry. (Wishful thinking note: Also kind of a shame there isn't a scavenger software package that you can put on a TS, or package for Ozias/Aran to send it's TS ships to scoop up free wares.)
Thank you. I'll look for the turret configurations. Its been a while since I played AP so I couldn't remember where its set. I'll dig through the UI some more.

A few other things I noticed so far:

1. Building huge complexes with the service for hire actually results in the funds being transferred back to the players account. While a free 1.1 billion was nice to have (plus a free billion dollar complex) this is definitely a bug.
2. Not sure if its a bug or just an engine limitation, but having 100 station traders and 30 universal traders plus around 1000 stations running in complexes definitely causes a bunch of micro stutter. I remember this in AP too, but I think such numbers are just pushing the old code to its limit on my admittedly old i7 running at 3.4ghz.
3. Not sure of the point of mk3 build software when by the time you can even really get to it, you likely have most of your complexes built up with the service. At least that was my experience. Same goes for dock upgrades/software. Drone command software seems rather impossible to get with espionage and getting to the rank requirements for Atreus is rather hard if you are trading with everyone. It seems to constantly get dinged despite having a massive complex and trading dock in their sector and a couple sector traders running there to pump those numbers.
4. I noticed orbital accelerators eject you at around 120m/s or so where gates leave you leaving at a whole 15m/s. Gate jumps with M1s and M2s are really dicey as a result where they can happily follow each other through OAs. I feel like if the gate and OA behavior was the same it would massively help with gate collisions. I'm not sure why they are different really.
5. Supposedly something is supposed to happen with you open up all available TOAs and all the HSAPs are claimed by the other races. Nothing has really changed in my game. I started the terran plot, but held off finishing until I could build up some defenses in some of my sectors for now as well as build up my fleet and a missile complex.
6. Do the Khaak ever go beyond a few sectors away from the Unknown Enemy Sector? I was expecting hordes of them and set up a fleet two sectors away and barely any really filtered through. Nothing like the roving Xenon death squads that my armored traders seem to mostly be ok with handling.
7. I noticed that if a universal trader jumps from a system after being attacked they will charge right back into the danger zone. Also I noticed that if you just simply reissue them a trading command they will get restock on drones first before resuming their route which takes them away from danger entirely. If they prioritized having drones above everything else, they would be likely invincible against most Xenon attacks outside of M1s and M2s.
8. Station manager will send ships on routes that leave them trapped with no jump drives. One solution is to make sure every ship you homebase has a jump drive and some e-cells to start out with, otherwise you are going to eventually have to deal with running them a jump drive or manually ordering them to a dock offering them if they still have a safe route.
9. Can confirm the police license. The solution I had was to just stay out of OTAS space since they hate me for no reason anyway. I'm good with all the other companies so this hasn't been a problem really.
10. Carrier management. I don't get it. I have my carrier set to replace ships and it goes into combat and the very first ship that goes down prompts it to jump and attempt replacement taking it out of the fight. Awesome. How do I keep it constantly engaged until the fight is over? Attack all? I'm thinking the initial target is killed so the script thinks the carrier is no longer needed?
11. Definitely not a bug, but making a 227 station self sustaining complex is an excellent way to tank FPS in that sector. :lol: I get about 1fps with SETA on facing the complex. I don't think this engine was ever intended to handle that sort of scale.
12. One of the Mercury TS's has a typo in the hull value. Not a big deal, but it stands out when you compare them.
13. Did pirates always spawn out of nowhere in X3? I have some laser towers near the entrance to the Void Gamma and yet they seem to spawn out of nowhere in the void. Its possible they are coming out of the gate fast enough to avoid the laser towers until they return to Void Alpha but that doesn't explain why my satellites are warning me in other sectors of their presence first.
15. Back to carrier management now that I'm thinking about it. Is there documentation anywhere? How does the resupply work? I'm trying to set up a Colossus now so its a little intimidating really. Do I have to individually set all 60 ships?
16. The player ship usage graph is bugged. It seems to be inversed? Opening the goods traded graph on the PHQ seems to crash the game with a large number of goods present. I think I mentioned that in the OP, but yeah, the graphs are pretty bugged here. On stations only net worth and profit seem to really work. And after a certain point net worth runs out of bounds or something and glitches.
17. Rearm seems to ignore the PHQ and complexes mostly and will buy a couple of missiles here and there from the few factories that have any available in the universe.

I feel like the pathfinding AI has been improved. After probably 300 hours into this game I've only had a handful of collisions and they were all with other ships and not static objects. Usually with SETA on so I imagine the accuracy goes down a bit. There's actually a lot improved here in this. But I think there are some pretty serious bugs that people won't get to until they are into the later stages of the game. That was my experience at least. Thankfully most of these look like they can be fixed up with some script changes.

BTW, I don't think I've ever put this much time into any game ever. I'm still playing for now. I think that says something. Though, I'm starting to run out of things to do really. There's not much more I really want to build and I have a pretty decent fleet of Capital Ships now. In AP I had nearly every M1 and M2. And I remember fleet management making that much easier to manage than what I have now, so getting that back would be rather nice. I can invade sectors, but that's really about it. I almost want to go back to playing AP and finishing off the plots. But then the nightmare of setting up CAGs makes me remember how much I hated that game at times. Is there something to the late game beyond just the sandbox? I guess I have to finish the Terran plot and find out. I suspect not though. No war sectors etc. Maybe I'll have to wait for some mods to catch up. Or even someone to hack in the TC/AP plots, because that would be cool. I'm not sure how running a bunch of plots would affect performance though because it seems like its already being pushed pretty hard.

ZosX
x3ap

Post by ZosX » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 16:55

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 18. Jun 22, 04:53
I've got a complex that, according to the transaction reports, is buying intermediate products despite trading being set to 'no'. Not exactly ideal for production when it has been designed to be self-sufficient.
Are you using station manager? I believe they will ignore the settings in the properties tab. Look at the station manager settings in the console.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 21:58

ZosX wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 16:55
Sovereign01 wrote:
Are you using station manager? I believe they will ignore the settings in the properties tab. Look at the station manager settings in the console.
No, I haven't assigned a station manager. It's a self-sustaining laser/shields complex I've built to supply big ships. At least, it will eventually- the factories building the biggest guns are still upgrading to XXL.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 12:41

ZosX wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 16:53

1. Building huge complexes with the service for hire actually results in the funds being transferred back to the players account. While a free 1.1 billion was nice to have (plus a free billion dollar complex) this is definitely a bug.
-- Interesting, will have to try it to see if it happens on mine.

2. Not sure if its a bug or just an engine limitation, but having 100 station traders and 30 universal traders plus around 1000 stations running in complexes definitely causes a bunch of micro stutter. I remember this in AP too, but I think such numbers are just pushing the old code to its limit on my admittedly old i7 running at 3.4ghz.
-- That's limitations on your machine unfortunately. Try engaging a massive battle against a Xenon sector (in system) using numerous M1s, M2s and M7s. It nearly froze my machine.

4. I noticed orbital accelerators eject you at around 120m/s or so where gates leave you leaving at a whole 15m/s. Gate jumps with M1s and M2s are really dicey as a result where they can happily follow each other through OAs. I feel like if the gate and OA behavior was the same it would massively help with gate collisions. I'm not sure why they are different really.
-- Think of it this way, an orbital accelerator basically throws you instantly while the gates are wormholes.

5. Supposedly something is supposed to happen with you open up all available TOAs and all the HSAPs are claimed by the other races. Nothing has really changed in my game. I started the terran plot, but held off finishing until I could build up some defenses in some of my sectors for now as well as build up my fleet and a missile complex.
-- The HSAPs lead you to free blue prints. Once you have unlocked them the game will wait until you claim the first one. Then it becomes a free for all on them. Meaning the AI will start to claim some. To claim one you approach the explorer's guild when they show up in comm's at any Trade Station / Ship or Equipment Dock. (Military Bases included).

6. Do the Khaak ever go beyond a few sectors away from the Unknown Enemy Sector? I was expecting hordes of them and set up a fleet two sectors away and barely any really filtered through. Nothing like the roving Xenon death squads that my armored traders seem to mostly be ok with handling.
-- I've seen them try, they tend to point in the direction of the last gate "you" went through. But they usually get popped by the race they enter.

7. I noticed that if a universal trader jumps from a system after being attacked they will charge right back into the danger zone. Also I noticed that if you just simply reissue them a trading command they will get restock on drones first before resuming their route which takes them away from danger entirely. If they prioritized having drones above everything else, they would be likely invincible against most Xenon attacks outside of M1s and M2s.
-- Sad but true. I tend not to use them.

8. Station manager will send ships on routes that leave them trapped with no jump drives. One solution is to make sure every ship you homebase has a jump drive and some e-cells to start out with, otherwise you are going to eventually have to deal with running them a jump drive or manually ordering them to a dock offering them if they still have a safe route.
-- I keep my distance for these ships short. Utilize the Blacklist Manager settings to prohibit certain systems. (IE: Black Hole Sun / Grand Exchange beta)

10. Carrier management. I don't get it. I have my carrier set to replace ships and it goes into combat and the very first ship that goes down prompts it to jump and attempt replacement taking it out of the fight. Awesome. How do I keep it constantly engaged until the fight is over? Attack all? I'm thinking the initial target is killed so the script thinks the carrier is no longer needed?
-- Jump Drive Configuration in Control Console is doing this to you. I set all TS to jump at 95% and all combat to jump at 35%. There is a setting labelled AutoJump. And the shield threshold is right next to it.

13. Did pirates always spawn out of nowhere in X3? I have some laser towers near the entrance to the Void Gamma and yet they seem to spawn out of nowhere in the void. Its possible they are coming out of the gate fast enough to avoid the laser towers until they return to Void Alpha but that doesn't explain why my satellites are warning me in other sectors of their presence first.
-- This is not just pirates. This is on purpose. Pirates, Yaki, Xenon, OTAS, Atreus, Jonferco, TerraCorp, Dukes', Strong Arms; they can all spawn in random systems to replace destroyed ships. A lot of the time they will spawn in systems you have visible either via a trader or satellite.

15. Back to carrier management now that I'm thinking about it. Is there documentation anywhere? How does the resupply work? I'm trying to set up a Colossus now so its a little intimidating really. Do I have to individually set all 60 ships?
-- PHQ can save all loadouts and settings. Then you can apply it in group or individually under the station control/trade (hit D) menu. By the way, when you save the settings, you name it as a template. This includes everything you say yes to. And can include settings like jump configuration.

Is there something to the late game beyond just the sandbox? I suspect not though.
-- Afraid your assumption is correct. You can always work on the achievements if your running an unmodded game through. Boarding is easier in this one too.
Responding inline with a few of your replies. In the quote section. Check the double dashes.

One other glitch I found is that when you jump into an M7. Looking at the range to find or sell wares for your own stations becomes glitched. They still function correctly, but the displayed information shows incorrectly on how far away the best price match is.

I haven't tested this in an M1 or M2. But it displays fine in all non-capital ships.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 12:45

Sovereign01 wrote:
Honestly, if there is a need for it, I can see why station manager's or the settings would purchase it. Even being self sufficient, if it has a low amount it actually should. Also could be NPC traders selling it to you as well.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 15:13

ZosX wrote:
Fri, 17. Jun 22, 19:07
I see missile defense is baked in now but there don't seem to be any other special commands that can be set now.
There is no command for it, you just install the ware, and it should start working as long as you have mosquitos on board.
However, the system is designed to not waste too many missiles, so it wont always fire at missiles. And when it does, it tracks the current targets so it doesn't fire multiple missiles at the same one.
It decided based on your current shield level and the destructive power of the missile, if it wont hurt you much, it will just let it hit you to converse your missiles
ZosX wrote:
Can someone at Egosoft confirm that pathfinding was tweaked because I'm getting a lot less AI related collisions across the board and formations no longer seem to be as much of a problem. Jumping with formations is still a roll of the dice with M7s and larger. It does seem to be improved though.
The galaxy pathfinding was adjusted, but the in sector routing wasn't. However numerous things were added to prevent collisions, like when using the carrier management, the ships will be protected against each other from collisions when launching and utilise the docking computer (if installed) when they return
ZosX wrote:
What else was changed from AP besides extended scripting support?
Alot has changed, a number of things have been listed in the wiki, its not a complete list however
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... =105415640
ZosX wrote:
Also, if I set additional wares for resupply, issuing a resupply to a trader only resupplies missiles and ammunition I think? Where should that setting kick in?
The resupply settings are primarily used when you dock at stations. When the ship docks, it will attempt to buy or load upto the resupply settings automatically
Sovereign01 wrote:
The setting for trading only applies to the NPC traders and wont effect your own ships. So its possible your own ships are buy/selling there. This could included Sector/Universe traders and ships working for your other stations
ZosX wrote:
This is just a case of there being limited resources available, the game doesn't place any limits on what you can do, so it will always be possible to your hardware's limit.
ZosX wrote:
3. Not sure of the point of mk3 build software when by the time you can even really get to it, you likely have most of your complexes built up with the service. At least that was my experience. Same goes for dock upgrades/software. Drone command software seems rather impossible to get with espionage and getting to the rank requirements for Atreus is rather hard if you are trading with everyone. It seems to constantly get dinged despite having a massive complex and trading dock in their sector and a couple sector traders running there to pump those numbers.
The MK3 build can allow you to move and expand on existing complex's, whereas the service only allows you to build new ones. So if you used the server to build a complete, you can then use the MK3 to expand it with new factories.
The factory upgrades are mainly for reducing the amount of stations you need in a complex, mainly to help with performance. an XXL factory can produce as much as 20 S factories, but has considerable less polygons for the system to process.
Nothing should be impossible to get via stealing, you just have to keep trying, it shouldn't take more then 10 attempts to get anything. Just make sure you are using the same dock each time and you are not saving/reloading between tries
ZosX wrote:
Im assuming its possible lore reasons due to how they work. The TOA just accelerates you forward, then the one at the other end decelerates you. Whereas the jumpgates create a worm hole to travel through, so even though you are travelling much further, you aren't traveling as fast.
ZosX wrote:
Building your first TOA is the trigger to start things off. Theres nothing specific for opening all the HSAP or for them all being claimed.
ZosX wrote:
They may travel a sector or 2, but they are supposed to be only a minor threat. The kha'ak plot in TC basically wiped them out, so theres not supposed to many of them left

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 24. Jun 22, 12:41
-- This is not just pirates. This is on purpose. Pirates, Yaki, Xenon, OTAS, Atreus, Jonferco, TerraCorp, Dukes', Strong Arms; they can all spawn in random systems to replace destroyed ships. A lot of the time they will spawn in systems you have visible either via a trader or satellite.
Technically this shouldn't happen as much. in TC/AP alot of ships would spawn in sectors, but alot of them were changed (especially the corporation ships) so they only come through gates. Its possible some of the jobs were missed however (there are 1000's of them).
Mission ships will still spawn in the sector though (depending on the mission)
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
One other glitch I found is that when you jump into an M7. Looking at the range to find or sell wares for your own stations becomes glitched. They still function correctly, but the displayed information shows incorrectly on how far away the best price match is.
This is probably due to docking. As an M7 and bigger can not dock at every stations, so its probably only showing statiosn that its capable of docking at

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 02:01

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 24. Jun 22, 15:13

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Technically this shouldn't happen as much. in TC/AP alot of ships would spawn in sectors, but alot of them were changed (especially the corporation ships) so they only come through gates. Its possible some of the jobs were missed however (there are 1000's of them).
Mission ships will still spawn in the sector though (depending on the mission)
I see lot's of Yaki and Pirates especially spawning at Accelerator Gates. The Void get's a lot of Yaki attention for example. Void Theta and Zeta get favored a lot in my game. I have Advanced Satellites in both left over from when I had factories in that area. Now I only have them in Alpha (because of the gate and Hub). I have an Equipment Dock there. So I keep 2 M7s docked with escorts to deal with any threats. I made a XL SPP there.

Just a suggestion: If you make any more updates; Alpha and Eta seem like they should be made claimable. But only once you have claimed your first TOA system from exploration.

The game will also favor spawning ships hostile to: anywhere the player has light defenses. This actually makes sense to me. "However frustrating it may be." Sometimes though it seems the spawns come way to quickly. The game "God Engine right?" will also sometimes spawn something nasty when you reload the game. Like instant. Example; Seizewell (pick one) get's visited by a Xenon J. Happens instantly on a reload, but wasn't there previous to it. Only reloaded because I didn't like how something went down.

I do have one question though, about Zyarth's Dominion. Every time I enter it, I have -2 with the Split, not quite the shoot on sight level. But RR fleets spawn the instant I enter and pursue me all over it. They only do it there. And it's usually Missile Frigates.

A couple other bugs I just thought of, moving on the universe map can be difficult sometimes. Hitting left up or down in some spots, the map will skip sectors. It's possible to get stuck in a loop, and if your already frustrated, can cause you to not be able to locate a system you might need to get to. To you know, save a ship under attack.

Also, there are some pathing issues with jumping into some systems with TOAs. For example: PTNI Alpha, execute a jump to station command, and the jumping ship will always arrive from the South Gate in Epsilon instead of the West Gate (A lot closer) in Delta. I've also seen it ignore jump beacons that were closer. But those are only if the jump beacon is not in system with it.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 22:08

Placing Solar Power Plants for NPCs.

So Crystals get added as a secondary. But they are still listed as a primary. As an end result, sometimes they do not get crystals delivered so do not function. Only happens when the player delivers a SPP for a mission.
Last edited by BrigandPhantos77 on Tue, 28. Jun 22, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 22:11

Bug in shields during equipping phase.

When purchasing or equipping player ships they never start charged. It does not matter if it comes from another ship, or station (player owned**). This includes player owned equipment docks, trade docks and shield production facilities. It does not matter if you transfer the ware, or purchase the ware. The only work around I have found is to undock and re-dock the ship. It will reset the shields to max.

Transferring a shield from one ship to another is understandable. But not when you purchase it from a station.

You do not encounter this problem when you purchase shields from the NPC stations.
Last edited by BrigandPhantos77 on Mon, 4. Jul 22, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 3. Jul 22, 17:59

Sometimes when hitting the Shift-J to jump, the 'j' is entered in the sector selection and has to be deleted before jumping.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 4. Jul 22, 07:46

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 3. Jul 22, 17:59
Sometimes when hitting the Shift-J to jump, the 'j' is entered in the sector selection and has to be deleted before jumping.
This one I can confirm. But this one has been present in all version's I have played since X2: The Threat. I don't know how this is possible to fix. It happens when entering text or trying to execute a command. It's like our keyboards double up on whatever we press. Like a turbo mode has been activated. I'll have ships that as soon as I open the Navigate command it will undock a ship immediately and I have to re-enter the command.

Personally, I have simply learned to live with it. :|
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

V-virus
x4

Post by V-virus » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 22:32

Farnham's Legacy plot finished

random stations becoming indestructible
not right away

I found Indestructible stations in sectors:
Home of light delta
Home of light gamma,
Unseen Domain
Trinity sanctum
Cardinal's Domain alpha
Perdition's End
Preacher's Void
Priest rings
Spring of Belief
Friar's Retreat
Cardinal's Domain alpha
Third Redemption
Duke's Citadel
The Vault
Seizwell delta
Blue Profit
Mines of fortune

Here my save game:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iUjt6y ... sp=sharing

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 10:45

Cycrow wrote:
Nothing should be impossible to get via stealing, you just have to keep trying, it shouldn't take more then 10 attempts to get anything. Just make sure you are using the same dock each time and you are not saving/reloading between tries
How does actually it work? If save/reload affect does it mean that at the first attempt you always have the chance about 10% that is supposed to be increased by 10% each time if no save/reload were made?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 13:48

Yes the success chance increases with each failed attempt, so the more times it failed, the higher chance of success the next time. If you save and reload, then you will have no failed attempts, so the success chance will remain really low

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 20:23

Sadly unlike buying it doesn't tell you the chance of success when you attempt to steal. Just make sure you only use agents that have two tasks left, because when they fail any extra tasks they had will be lost.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 19:43

iXenon wrote:
Tue, 12. Jul 22, 10:45
Cycrow wrote:
How does actually it work? If save/reload affect does it mean that at the first attempt you always have the chance about 10% that is supposed to be increased by 10% each time if no save/reload were made?
One thing I don't see mentioned, is that the "chance to succeed" stat is station specific. If you try to steal a station from say: Argon Prime Alpha, and then attempt at Cloudbase SE, each shipyard is tracked separately. Bare that in mind. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”