Random Minimize Of Game

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Random Minimize Of Game

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 01:23

Hey Guys! So I have a question regarding Windows randomly minimizing my game. I'm looking for a root cause starting point as to the cause. It's not constant, and sometimes won't happen for a couple days at a time. But every once in a while when I have my game paused, or even while playing, windows will minimize my game to the taskbar.

OS is Windows 10 Pro.
Graphics Card is Nividia GeForce GTX 1660 Super.
16 GB Ram
Game is Steam installed/controlled.

I'm looking for a troubleshooting starting point.
The problem I encounter is that sometimes it will knock out my sound in the process. When this happens I have to reboot to get it back.
Video Connection is HDMI to a 52inch TV.

Are there any known programs or apps that will conflict with the game?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Random Minimize Of Game

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 11:24

When it minimises, does it do it with everything running, ie you end up with an empty desktop and everything minimised, or is it just the game.

if its everything, could you be accidently pressing WINKEY+D, which minimises everything and returns to the desktop.

otherwise it'll likely be some application that is trying to gain focus, finding it however could be tricky

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 06:44

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 29. Jun 22, 11:24
When it minimises, does it do it with everything running, ie you end up with an empty desktop and everything minimised, or is it just the game.

if its everything, could you be accidently pressing WINKEY+D, which minimises everything and returns to the desktop.

otherwise it'll likely be some application that is trying to gain focus, finding it however could be tricky
Happens when I am out of the room and the system is unattended. Like, hit shift+p to pause the game, then go eat dinner. Come back to it, realize I am looking at the desktop, and the game is on the taskbar. So far it's the only game on my machine that does it. It feels environmental to Windows somehow. But I can't pinpoint what is causing it exactly. I could check the Event Viewer next time it happens, but I am uncertain if windows would log this event.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 10:36

Ok so different issue, but happened this evening. This might the route cause of the other issue. The driver for my graphics card is acting up just a bit. I am in the process of downloading the next update for it. Found this error in event viewer. >> Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. The timing matches a game play freeze which freed up when I minimized the game for a moment. It happened twice and I have 2 of these such messages. Hopefully this fixes the issue. Fingers crossed.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”