Duplicate pandora crates using headquarter

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

v_make
xr

Duplicate pandora crates using headquarter

Post by v_make » Wed, 13. Jul 22, 22:10

Pandora crates are implemented as additional engine tuning and rudder optimization.
HQ allows any loadout to be saved.
You can save an over-tuned loadout and apply the loadout to all ships of the same model, over-tuning will be preserved.

8)

In AP all my pandora went to Hyperion Vanguard making it faster than a Spring Blossom. It used to make little sense to give pandora crates to non-player ships.
Now I can imagine an MK3 trading fleet of super fast large cargo TS, or super fast M2 defense fleets.
Last edited by v_make on Thu, 14. Jul 22, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Regards.
Mark

DanKara
x4

Re: Duplicate pandora crates using headquarter

Post by DanKara » Thu, 14. Jul 22, 07:01

Nice find! Thanks for sharing! :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Imagine a fleet of Owl Miners not only as StoragePods but to actually move something ... with the speed of light (or atleast the speed of a Kestrel).
Or M7's / M2's as Rapid Response Forces, that live up to that name...
[Might be a good thing the game isn't patched anymore.]

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 03:24

Aren't the Engine and Rudder crates one-time-only? As in, once you pick them all up the game only crates the game spawns contain either credits or discovery points?

Faster owl miners would be interesting, imagine them actually being able to clear a sector of rocks in a reasonable time frame? I had an Ozias full of them trying to clear Seizewell Alpha and they're still at it 3 days later.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 19:53

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 03:24
Aren't the Engine and Rudder crates one-time-only?
They are, but it looks like saving the loadout of an overtuned ship includes saving the extra tunings it got and the HQ applies the extra tunings to new builds of that ship.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 19:54

Sovereign01 wrote:
Aren't the Engine and Rudder crates one-time-only? As in, once you pick them all up the game only crates the game spawns contain either credits or discovery points?

Faster owl miners would be interesting, imagine them actually being able to clear a sector of rocks in a reasonable time frame? I had an Ozias full of them trying to clear Seizewell Alpha and they're still at it 3 days later.
Lol :lol: that's my whole Nividium Mining Fleet now. I had 2 other fleets going after Silicon. I had to disable them because they are now over-filled and I can't offload it fast enough. I was supplying my high-tech goods plants for a while. But they seem to be able to keep up with there productions now. The only thing they struggle with is Bofu. I managed to tax out Great Reef (the whole area) of Energy Cells. Having 3 XL sized Bofu Chemical Plants will do that. Along with there Bio Gas Factory counterparts. I had to take to selling the Biogas as an intermediate to help keep credits in the complex for a while.

They are one-offs. But once you get through them the game will keep popping them out for a short while. I know Cycrow said there were 2 scripts making them up to 7 hidden items each I believe? Unfortunately I have discovered that the scripts do break after an extended time. I was writing them down and then scooping them up. 15 at a time. Now I get like 6 to 8 at a time.

Also on day 42 I was still getting an extension every once in a while. I'm hoping that the abandoned wrecks I've left in a few places aren't the cause of the scrips stopping. So I have taken to popping the ones that cannot really be retrieved safely. (Deep in Xenon Sectors or Weavers Tempest/Senators Badlands for example. Too hard to get out safely.)
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:03

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 19:54
Sovereign01 wrote:

Lol :lol: that's my whole Nividium Mining Fleet now. I had 2 other fleets going after Silicon. I had to disable them because they are now over-filled and I can't offload it fast enough. I was supplying my high-tech goods plants for a while. But they seem to be able to keep up with there productions now. The only thing they struggle with is Bofu. I managed to tax out Great Reef (the whole area) of Energy Cells. Having 3 XL sized Bofu Chemical Plants will do that. Along with there Bio Gas Factory counterparts. I had to take to selling the Biogas as an intermediate to help keep credits in the complex for a while.

They are one-offs. But once you get through them the game will keep popping them out for a short while. I know Cycrow said there were 2 scripts making them up to 7 hidden items each I believe? Unfortunately I have discovered that the scripts do break after an extended time. I was writing them down and then scooping them up. 15 at a time. Now I get like 6 to 8 at a time.

Also on day 42 I was still getting an extension every once in a while. I'm hoping that the abandoned wrecks I've left in a few places aren't the cause of the scrips stopping. So I have taken to popping the ones that cannot really be retrieved safely. (Deep in Xenon Sectors or Weavers Tempest/Senators Badlands for example. Too hard to get out safely.)
My Nividium mining fleet consists of two Ozias, one full of Mistrals, the other Geochen Miners- the fastest TS & TP that can mount the drill, respectively. Because for Nividium, gather speed is more important than capacity and a good-sized Nividium roid takes hours to mine out even with a dozen fast ships working :D At one point I had both Oziases and their miners gathering Nividium in one sector as well as a fully-laden Cormorant and Sirokos pitching in and it was still a slow process.

Once I'd moved beyond needing to mine Nividium they were reassigned to weapon duplication, and my mining (to clear sectors of rocks) was done by a third Ozias full of Owls. Because they took so long to fill up before returning to the TL, manually sending a thirteenth Owl to transfer ore & silicon from the Ozias to the HQ was fast because there was a jump beacon close to both. I need to automate the process since the relay ship needs to take on enough fuel for the jump to Seizewell and back, and to load up on varying quantities of Ore & Silicon whenever one of the miners offloads, and since the Ozias only has 1.5 times the capacity of the Owl a second one cannot fully offload its hold until some of the last lot has itself been offloaded.

I need to use the all-seeing eye to locate and recover all the remaining crates and see if more spawn.

Does this work with existing ships or only those the HQ specifically builds?
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:06

Sovereign01 wrote:

I found recently 2 engine tuning and there are several sectors LFL shows something. From my understanding the game spawns crates but only constant number and you need to collect them if you want to get something else next time.

Miners as far as I know use some limited speed when collect rocks, not sure if speeding them up would help. But the bug is very useful. Haven't tried it yet, although. :)
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
So I have taken to popping the ones that cannot really be retrieved safely. (Deep in Xenon Sectors or Weavers Tempest/Senators Badlands for example. Too hard to get out safely.)
You can always draw their fire, using a fast ship, and then with Turbo Booster fly up to the crate, throw out a jump beacon, summon the ship you want to upgrade, pick up the box and get out of here. :wink:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 07:46

iXenon wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:06
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
So I have taken to popping the ones that cannot really be retrieved safely. (Deep in Xenon Sectors or Weavers Tempest/Senators Badlands for example. Too hard to get out safely.)
You can always draw their fire, using a fast ship, and then with Turbo Booster fly up to the crate, throw out a jump beacon, summon the ship you want to upgrade, pick up the box and get out of here. :wink:
It's not crates that are left over. It's bailed ships. A lot of L's and M's that I never got and a few TS / TP ships left in yaki space that would be a pain to retrieve.

I built the SpringBlossom. With the turbo boost it can outrun almost anything. The trade off is it's weapons suck in the hit chance category. Anything M6 and above I pound, anything smaller, about 70% of the shots cris-cross the target missing it almost completely.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 07:05

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 07:46
iXenon wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 22, 21:06
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
It's not crates that are left over. It's bailed ships. A lot of L's and M's that I never got and a few TS / TP ships left in yaki space that would be a pain to retrieve.

I built the SpringBlossom. With the turbo boost it can outrun almost anything. The trade off is it's weapons suck in the hit chance category. Anything M6 and above I pound, anything smaller, about 70% of the shots cris-cross the target missing it almost completely.
In AP I would equip the Springy with 6 MAMLs and 2 SSCs forward and grouped separately, with more of both for the turrets. Can't do that for FL because of those damned Focus Crystals, you only get enough to make 2 SSCs and 12 MAMLs if you wanted to fill all the turrets with something other than those EMPCs, so you're left having to choose whether to put the SSCs in the main battery to kill fighters, or in the turrets instead. The Springy was nerfed a second time by making its cargo bay 40% smaller so now its speed is its only advantage.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 09:56

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 17. Jul 22, 07:05

In AP I would equip the Springy with 6 MAMLs and 2 SSCs forward and grouped separately, with more of both for the turrets. Can't do that for FL because of those damned Focus Crystals, you only get enough to make 2 SSCs and 12 MAMLs if you wanted to fill all the turrets with something other than those EMPCs, so you're left having to choose whether to put the SSCs in the main battery to kill fighters, or in the turrets instead. The Springy was nerfed a second time by making its cargo bay 40% smaller so now its speed is its only advantage.
My loadout is 6 Experimental and 2 M/AM Launcher (Main), 2 Starburst(Sides) and 4 Experimental in the back.

Main weapons groupings has 1 Alpha Strike, 2 with all Experimental, 3 with just the M/AM Launcher and 4 is currently empty.

My speed let's me take on almost any group and keep out of there shots, except for enemy M5s.

Speaking of the headquarters, I watched an interesting event play out I never saw before tonight.

I used one of my carriers to hit some Xenon crossing Wastelands. I have all fighters on Carrier Management, and most of the time the ship just holds the fighters and attacks what I designate. This time it didn't. It launched its whole fighter compliment. The M5s of course reached the Xenon first. 2 Ls and 3 Ms. It was a mix of Advanced Discoverers and a few Pericles Raiders. I was shocked when they owned the Xenon. Of course the Pericles were in Hull and the first Discoverer insta popped. I hate that, no wings actually stay in formation and attack as a group. But the carrier instantly recalled everything and jumped on it's own to my HQ. Sent the 2 Pericles in for repairs and ordered a replacement Discoverer. It was kinda neat to watch. But the dang scripts that run it are bugged. It lost the 2 pericles from management control, though they did dock back at the carrier. And the Discoverer did stay under control. But of course the new one was quite naked when it got there. Had to remove it from management manually to set it up and equip it.

Oh, I was using a Scorpion Prototype to supply the replacement shields and weapons for the Discoverer, the stupid thing was holding a jump drive and kept stealing energy cells even though it didn't have the jump drive configuration available.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 10:56

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 17. Jul 22, 07:05
Can't do that for FL because of those damned Focus Crystals,
IRRC, someone mentioned the QuantumProcessors been offered in the Blackmarket. Might be the same for the FocusCrystals. But I haven't seen neither.
If the need is strong, you can multiply your existing FocusCrystals with MemmoryHacking (one will probably do, but the more the better). Need help?

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 13:57

DanKara wrote:
Sun, 17. Jul 22, 10:56
IRRC, someone mentioned the QuantumProcessors been offered in the Blackmarket. Might be the same for the FocusCrystals. But I haven't seen neither.
Same for me. I was looking for terran lasers and visited blackmarket around 150 times in sum. Neither FC or QP.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 16:39

iXenon wrote:
Sun, 17. Jul 22, 13:57
DanKara wrote:
Sun, 17. Jul 22, 10:56
Same for me. I was looking for terran lasers and visited blackmarket around 150 times in sum. Neither FC or QP.
They are only available in the barter system to sell them to a merchant. I didn't know until yesterday that best buy / selling locator shows all in system barter / bm merchants as well as the station wares. It was me that brought it up before. Cycrows suggested modding the game files/scripts that govern it to add them. Unfortunately my skills in that department are very limited. More or less I don't have the desire to read the script code to do it. I once added a "player.givemoney" script for self evident reasons. But that was back in the day of X2. And following that I discovered Mr Cycrows cheat script and used that instead.

To that end, the jump beacons (full) should be added to the bm (Black Market) as well. It's not like they'd be cheap and easy to buy in the early stages of the game.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 19:30

v_make wrote:
Wed, 13. Jul 22, 22:10
You can save an over-tuned loadout and apply the loadout to all ships of the same model, over-tuning will be preserved.
I just tried it and I want to explain how to use this to those who never used Save Loadout before, like me.

First dock the overtuned ship at the HQ. Then Adjust Station Settings.
Then, click on the ship and choose Save Loadout. You are given the option to include or exclude various loadout details to be saved such as guns, missiles, shields, equipment, upgrades and settings. The important one for this operation is upgrades. Make sure it's set to "yes".
Next, click "Save Loadout" and give it a memorable name.

Now, you can select that loadout and see on the details window in the upper right that details such as the "current speed" is higher than the "upgradable to" value. Assuming the speed on your ship was overtuned.

Now, bring in a ship of the same model as the saved loadout. Also, applying the upgrades costs credits! The game cannot tell you how much, because that depends on what's already on the ship the loadout is applied to. So dump a few hundred thousand into the station's account.
With the new ship docked at the HQ, you will now see that ship's name in green on the Loadouts list. Feel free to set the other Loadout details to "no" if you like (especially Equipment if you don't feel the need to install all of them now) but remember to set Upgrades to "yes"
Then click on the ship's name below the Loadout details and a window will pop up to confirm that you want to apply the Loadout to that ship. Remember, this costs credits! So have enough credits in the station account then click OK.
Finally, look at that ship's Info screen and see the overtuned numbers!

So, I was wrong about this being applied to new ships previously. It's for existing ships!

Nuit
x3tc

Post by Nuit » Tue, 19. Jul 22, 12:09

This is an awesome find. Thanks a lot for sharing.
I just "upgraded" my whole response fleet by saving the loadouts of my Player-Ships and duplicating them to everything else of the same kind.

A Response Fleet made up of Threshers each beeing able to go 222 m/sec is just terrifying... they outrun everything save for some M4 and M5....
Not to mention a wing of 12 Acinonyx at 400 m/sec which are stored in my mobile Base (aka Aran).

Cheers,
Nuit
Hitman - In Space

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 19. Jul 22, 21:43

Nuit wrote:
Tue, 19. Jul 22, 12:09
This is an awesome find. Thanks a lot for sharing.
I just "upgraded" my whole response fleet by saving the loadouts of my Player-Ships and duplicating them to everything else of the same kind.

A Response Fleet made up of Threshers each beeing able to go 222 m/sec is just terrifying... they outrun everything save for some M4 and M5....
Not to mention a wing of 12 Acinonyx at 400 m/sec which are stored in my mobile Base (aka Aran).

Cheers,
Nuit
Sounds like the ideal time to hoover up all the upgrades I can get my mitts on, I have them on my Kyoto, Megalodon and Pteranodon. With my Split notoriety being what it is, I could have a fleet of them...

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”