The best way to spend Quantum Processors and Focus Crystals

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

iXenon

The best way to spend Quantum Processors and Focus Crystals

Post by iXenon » Sat, 6. Aug 22, 22:17

The game has limited number of QP and FC. I heard there are only 30 QP in sum and there is no way to get more. I discovered almost all universe (tbh, IDK what I have missed, because still not have the 'Traveller' achievement) and have 20 now. I don't remember how I got Spitfyre, but probably via HQ. It costs 10 QP. And I see that Khaak Corvette and Spirngblossom both need 10 QPs. So, when I build last two ships I can't get more QP, but they aren't needed in general, because all unique ships will be built. Is that correct?

And what about FC? I see they are needed for some Kyon Emitters, so it's basically for Corvette, I guess.

Should I spent these limited resources as described or it's better to keep for something even better?

DanKara
x4

Re: The best way to spend Quantum Processors and Focus Crystals

Post by DanKara » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 05:18

Yes the (vanila) game is limited to 30 Quantum Processors and Focus Crystals each that you find with the LFL.
There are some players who said they got QP and/or FC on the bartering section of stations (or even the black market in Trade Stations). I still haven't seen them for sale there (but can use them as payment for other stuff) ... or I don't understand the 'how to'...
Spoiler
Show
Still, you can get more QP and FC via 'cheating' - ScriptEditor or MemoryHacking,
QP are needed to build the Aldrin/Deca/Kha'ak-ships (and the MARU) while the FC are needed to build the relevant weapons for these ships. I would advise against building any of them - because of the limited FC's you can only arm them subpar (well Alpha/Beta-Kyons might come from derelict / bailed Scouts/Interceptors/Bombers but no other way to obtain experimental versions of Terran weapons - afaik). Instead I would conserve the QP to build a second Kogarasu MARU (which needs all 30 QP!) - should the need arise.

For the TRAVELER-achievement you have to visit 'in person' all 281 sectors. It is easy to miss one part of the now split-up Core-Sectors, as they come in different numbers... (I missed one in CardinalsReach and Cho'sDefeat each.)

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sun, 7. Aug 22, 19:58

DanKara wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 05:18
For the TRAVELER-achievement you have to visit 'in person' all 281 sectors. It is easy to miss one part of the now split-up Core-Sectors, as they come in different numbers... (I missed one in CardinalsReach and Cho'sDefeat each.)
Ah, the game encyclopedia shows there are 281 known sector. Does it mean that something was opened remotely and now I need to visit all of them one by one?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 8. Aug 22, 05:22

iXenon wrote:
Sun, 7. Aug 22, 19:58
Does it mean that something was opened remotely and now I need to visit all of them one by one?
Sectors that were 'opened remotely' as you put it don't count for the 'Traveler' - unless you visit that sector yourself afterwards too.
In your Pilot Stats (double [p]) you have a line about 'sectors visited' that is the relevant number for the 281. Sadly there is no known way to mark wich discovered sector were not visited by the player.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 9. Aug 22, 20:54

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 6. Aug 22, 22:17
The game has limited number of QP and FC. I heard there are only 30 QP in sum and there is no way to get more. I discovered almost all universe (tbh, IDK what I have missed, because still not have the 'Traveller' achievement) and have 20 now. I don't remember how I got Spitfyre, but probably via HQ. It costs 10 QP. And I see that Khaak Corvette and Spirngblossom both need 10 QPs. So, when I build last two ships I can't get more QP, but they aren't needed in general, because all unique ships will be built. Is that correct?

And what about FC? I see they are needed for some Kyon Emitters, so it's basically for Corvette, I guess.

Should I spent these limited resources as described or it's better to keep for something even better?
I used to stress out about min/maxing QP & FC, but with realized that with wide array of ships game offers, it’s ok to ignore it or have fun - corvette and springblossom aren’t best on paper, but are fun to have and play around with, for example. I’d think I’d those as bonus currency for fun items rather than barrier for ultimate ships.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 02:24

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Tue, 9. Aug 22, 20:54

I used to stress out about min/maxing QP & FC, but with realized that with wide array of ships game offers, it’s ok to ignore it or have fun - corvette and springblossom aren’t best on paper, but are fun to have and play around with, for example. I’d think I’d those as bonus currency for fun items rather than barrier for ultimate ships.
FC are truly the only ways to arm a Springblossom. They only equip the prototype variants of the Terran Weapons. Its a bummer to me, but is what it is. At least with the Corvette's, I guess you can get the Beta's from drops... but I have yet to see one drop off a fighter in my game. Despite causing fun destruction to there sector. :D I think the only time I got stressed about them was when a crate of the QP spawned in Blue Profit in the planets area. Thankfully you can force them to appear for special command software pickup with a satellite.
iXenon wrote:
Sat, 6. Aug 22, 22:17

Only suggestion I could offer on this is to decide what you'd truly like to play with. The Spitfyre came from a blueprint. I can confirm that.

Corvette and the Kyons offer an almost guaranteed to hit. Whereas the Springblossom, it's hard as heck to hit most fighters with it's front weapons. The firing arc is mis-aligned and causes them to cris-cross targets and miss completely, even when your going faster with what should be a guaranteed hit. That applies to almost all M3>M5 craft. Bigger ships aren't a problem. Prototype M/AM launchers miss a lot less though. Shots are bigger and hit easier.

My personal choice was and is the Springblossom. The work around to the targeting issue is strafing and pulse firing. Catch them turning. But I love the speed on the ship. Even nerfed it is still fast. And when you add a turbo booster to it, you can outrun most ships, even M5s. Its a perfect exploration and recon ship.

The only thing I don't like about the Corvette, is the permanently spinning body. It kind of puts me off. It'd be too easy to hit the dock of most stations if you are impatient like I am about undocking. The Springblossom only has a slightly significant problem if you leave autopilot while undocking from an internal docking bay (Boron Equipment Dock).

The Spitfyre has a hard time hitting targets as well, despite being fast. Mine is sitting docked not to be used again.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 08:58

Thanks for the detailed answers. Now I think I can freely spend all QP for Corvette and Springblossom. Regarding to FC, it looks I can spend them for the last one, because some Beta/Alpha emitters for Corvette I have got from bailed ships and it's hard but possible to get them for free. And some experimental EMPC I have produced for Spitfire, so I can move them for Springblossom now.

And you are right, sometime it's hard to hit enemy ship from Spitfire but, I like it anyway. It was my favorite ship before Acinonyx and then I sent it to deploy satellite network. It's fast and does it quickly but Springblossom is protected much more better, so it will be a task for it soon. :)

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 17:56

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 02:24

My personal choice was and is the Springblossom. The work around to the targeting issue is strafing and pulse firing. Catch them turning. But I love the speed on the ship. Even nerfed it is still fast. And when you add a turbo booster to it, you can outrun most ships, even M5s. It’s a perfect exploration and recon ship.
What do you recommend when it comes to equipping starburst vs PC?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 00:30

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 17:56
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 02:24

My personal choice was and is the Springblossom. The work around to the targeting issue is strafing and pulse firing. Catch them turning. But I love the speed on the ship. Even nerfed it is still fast. And when you add a turbo booster to it, you can outrun most ships, even M5s. It’s a perfect exploration and recon ship.
What do you recommend when it comes to equipping starburst vs PC?
Since I equip them to the turrets, they seem to work great for me(Starburst). I set them between Protection, Missile Defense and Attack Enemies. The last especially when I plan to fly through a group of Xenon or Strong Arms. I get the most bails using them. My front firing weapons consist of 6 of the Prototype Electromagnetic Plasma Cannons, and 2 Matter Antimatter Launchers. Starburst for the sides, and the back is all of the Prototype EMPC. I have 2 spare M/AM Launchers in case I want to go 4 and 4 up front. But they eat through ammo really quickly. And ammo mostly only drops from Xenon P/PX or Q for me. Have not unlocked Terran zone yet. Not ready to.

A turbo boost is phenomenal on that ship too as for it's speed.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 00:32

iXenon wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 08:58
Thanks for the detailed answers. Now I think I can freely spend all QP for Corvette and Springblossom. Regarding to FC, it looks I can spend them for the last one, because some Beta/Alpha emitters for Corvette I have got from bailed ships and it's hard but possible to get them for free. And some experimental EMPC I have produced for Spitfire, so I can move them for Springblossom now.

And you are right, sometime it's hard to hit enemy ship from Spitfire but, I like it anyway. It was my favorite ship before Acinonyx and then I sent it to deploy satellite network. It's fast and does it quickly but Springblossom is protected much more better, so it will be a task for it soon. :)
That Acinonyx is a beast for many scenarios. I love it except for being used to a higher top speed.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 21:24

I built the corvette and equipped it with Beta Kyons from bailed Khaak fighters in the sector above Maelstrom Beta, raised hell blasting my way from one end of the sector to the other and back in a Megalodon until I had enough Kyons to arm the corvette. Destroyed 60 of the same type of corvette I was in the process of arming, making me wonder if it was really all that! :lol:

I could build a Springy but I can't arm it as I did in AP, there's only enough FCs to build 12 MAML and 2 SSC meaning having to choose between mounting those up front in the main battery or in the turrets. And because the latter are able to hit fighters but the former aren't, it suffers when fighting against them. Combined with its cargobay being nerfed by 40%, and the speed becomes its only selling point.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”