Does HephCorp not use Discounted shipyards?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Does HephCorp not use Discounted shipyards?

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 19:10

I wanted to see if HephCorp would use shipyards where I negotiated a discount to buy stations for complex construction. So far, that does not appear to be the case. The discount has reached 1%, if it should have an effect, it's not shown on the bill for the complex.

All the stations for the complex can be sourced from that one yard, so if the discount has an effect, it should be quite visible.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Does HephCorp not use Discounted shipyards?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 19:34

The station construction service (HephCorp) has their own longstanding delivery contracts with suppliers of station construction kits. They don't buy at your local shipyard.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 19:39

So, negotiating the discount was a waste of time, then?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 19:44

You can still buy stations yourself there, and profit from the discount.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 20:19

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 14. Aug 22, 19:34
The station construction service (HephCorp) has their own longstanding delivery contracts with suppliers of station construction kits. They don't buy at your local shipyard.
Btw, they also have not very well-functioning accounting service, because if 6 times they weren't able to fulfill your order they would write you that all money were returned but in fact they return nothing. And the guy who writes that has almost no time, so he does a type in the word "money" (he types "maniy" or something like that) and probably transfers money to a different account (with another typo, may be his own account :) ).

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 21. Aug 22, 03:17

iXenon wrote:
Sun, 14. Aug 22, 20:19
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 14. Aug 22, 19:34
Btw, they also have not very well-functioning accounting service, because if 6 times they weren't able to fulfill your order they would write you that all money were returned but in fact they return nothing. And the guy who writes that has almost no time, so he does a type in the word "money" (he types "maniy" or something like that) and probably transfers money to a different account (with another typo, may be his own account :) ).
Well how else are they supposed to afford all those jump beacons that keep going missing? :lol:

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Thu, 15. Jun 23, 23:58

Does anyone know about a working version for X-tended TC/AP ?
i did my very best inside the files to change misleading ship variables, not existing sector coordinates and everything else i found but as i'm no scripter it doesn't work fully.

One Problem is the missing Object Size database for 940+ Stations but i already am asking within the relevant thread about that.

What i'm asking here if someone managed to fix the script files to work with X-tended TC / AP.
Problem here is that the Jump beacon delivery doesn't work - the script gets stuck. If i put / cheat a jump beacon by myself close to the building place it places my orders.

Thank you :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Jun 23, 01:05

the FL version will not work in previous games, they have been adjusted to make use of numerous new script commands.
it also doesn't use the object size database, but instead the TFacSizes types file, which is only available in FL

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Fri, 16. Jun 23, 11:05

Thank you very much for that info :)

because it's been difficult for me to find still working DL-links and also different versions to download i used the Files from EMC4AP 2.44
I had no idea that there could already be a FL-version. Because it's working within the EMC4AP Mod i guess it's an AP-version so there can only be some mismatching ship types, sector locations, Station types and no idea what else.

With the original EMC4AP language-file (only values for about 450 station ... wrong stations) many factories has been placed on the exactly same coordinates.
In my created X-tended TC/AP file the factories aren't just placed on the same position. Some Factories actually are placed correctly with barely enouth Space between each other - even the XL-factory editions only existing in X-tended Mod.
But as i ran the object-size script 8 times and compared the Logfiles - many stations have been cought with many different values on the same IDs.
There should not be any big differences between the Logfiles because it's been startet with the same Game directory. No other Mods/scripts, no savegame or something.

Greetings X2return

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”