Randomly blowing up, but no enemies?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Scoob
x4

Randomly blowing up, but no enemies?

Post by Scoob » Wed, 17. Aug 22, 17:04

Hey all,

I started a fresh, vanilla game with the "Paranid Gunrunner" start. Flew around a bit exploring, early-game stuff and re-familiarising myself with X3's controls - it's been years since I played.

I was sat, in open space, no enemies around (at least not in scanner range) when the combat music started. I looked around, literally nothing nearby. I go external view and visually scan the area, nothing spotted. I then suddenly blow up. No incoming fire, no missiles, nothing, what happened, any ideas? Is there something that can blow up a ship while outside of regular scanner range *and* has no visible ordinance?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Randomly blowing up, but no enemies?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 17. Aug 22, 23:04

You mean the "Former Gunrunner" start, where you are Split, right? Is this explosion reproducible? Also when you say vanilla game, did you have X3TC or AP installed before installing X3FL? If so, were these unmodified installations, too?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 15:32

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Wed, 17. Aug 22, 23:04
You mean the "Former Gunrunner" start, where you are Split, right? Is this explosion reproducible? Also when you say vanilla game, did you have X3TC or AP installed before installing X3FL? If so, were these unmodified installations, too?
Hi, perhaps... I might have miss-remembered the name.

I installed X3FL fresh in steam - only X4 (GoG) currently on this PC - then copied it to another folder, applied the no-steam .exe, then deleted (uninstalled) the Steam version. I applied the Unofficial 1.3.1 Patch, but that's it. I ended up abandoning this save, then playing with some other mods, so I never reproduced it. There was certainly no incoming fire though, and not ships in scanner ranger and I was stationary at the time. I just put it down to a random gremlin as it's not happened again.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 15:51

Were you in spacesuit in open space? If yes, how long had you been flying there? The spacesuit has oxygen only for 2 hours and after that it dies, if I recall correctly. On SETA it's only 12 minutes of real time.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Aug 22, 18:37

iXenon wrote:
Fri, 19. Aug 22, 15:51
Were you in spacesuit in open space? If yes, how long had you been flying there? The spacesuit has oxygen only for 2 hours and after that it dies, if I recall correctly. On SETA it's only 12 minutes of real time.
I was in a spaceship with 25mj of shielding, so, had plenty of O2 :)

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Tue, 23. Aug 22, 12:21

Could you have just got in the way of a missile intended for someone else.

I remember once a long time ago, launching a missile that flew slower than me, then getting in front of it, and blowing myself up. :o

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 23. Aug 22, 21:19

Martin Head wrote:
Tue, 23. Aug 22, 12:21
Could you have just got in the way of a missile intended for someone else.

I remember once a long time ago, launching a missile that flew slower than me, then getting in front of it, and blowing myself up. :o
Another good thought, but I was visually scanning the are in external view and there was literally nothing visible - be it bullet or missile - I just went boom.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”