The best places to connect the Xenon Hub

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

iXenon

The best places to connect the Xenon Hub

Post by iXenon » Thu, 25. Aug 22, 11:08

Hello,

What do you think about that? There could be some reasons behind, for example if you want to save EC, jumping from one end of the Universe to another one. Or may be you want to create safe space for traveling, when a race could reach their remote sectors without being crossed their hostile space. Or may be you want to catch Xenons somewhere and be able to intercept their forces before their get to habitable sectors.

I think that good places are:
  • Holy Vision epsilon - The Void alpha
  • Menelaus' Frontier - Ceo's Buckzoid
  • Great Trench - Ceo's Doubt
1. It connects three Boron's segments and allows them to reach The Void-* sectors, not crossing Paranid's space.
2. It also connects two Teladi's segments. Teladi are peaceful and don't have a lot of enemies.
3. The connections are placed relatively far away and it's good to save energy cell on jumping.

But that's, probably, not the nest choice. Where do you place the Hub gates and why?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: The best places to connect the Xenon Hub

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 25. Aug 22, 14:37

One other sort of connection would be to get you close to all the major factions so you can quickly send agents to gather Influence. In my next game (I'm kinda locked in on my current one) I plan to go with this:

-Three Worlds-Kingdom End Gamma (Argon-Boron)
-Teladi Gain-Family Whi (Teladi-Split, also closer to Ceo's Sprite than Home of Opportunity-Family Tkr)
-Unseen Domain-Unclaimed Sector (Paranid. As long as both HSAP sectors are there, this is the best single gate connection to have)

The connections are also distant from Xenon, Pirate and Yaki sectors so should see minimal hostiles from them. The Ceo's Sprite Shipyard is unique with its connection to a Military Outpost instead of the usual Equipment Dock. This allows you to replicate things you otherwise wouldn't find in an Equipment Dock. You can also use the Outpost to train Marines until your own Barracks is ready.

v_make
xr

Post by v_make » Sun, 4. Sep 22, 19:55

I choose the following sectors:

Holy Vision epsilon - The Void alpha
Getsu Fune - Menelaus' Paradise
Brennan's Triumph delta - Astroid Belt

It's based on these considerations:
- To integrate the market as much as possible for UTs such that relatively isolated parts are prioritized.
- No direct Xenon gates because I do not want to see enemies in my sector disturbing my own ships on duty
- As many enemy pairs as possible because I want to keep NPC ships destroyed and replenished
Regards.
Mark

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 6. Sep 22, 19:54

Xenon do not just spawn at their gates. They can spawn up to 5 gates away and make a beeline for the closest HSAP sector.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 8. Sep 22, 23:26

It differs drastically depending on where my home sector and allies are. I usually align at least one gate to a prime enemy sector so there will be a lot of enemy traffic through the hub for boarding/bailing. My current setup is mainly for capturing ships, so I want to have good access to enemy sectors and a friendly shipyard:

1 Harmony of Perpetuity - my home sector due to solar factor and Goners lack of law enforcement. Easy access to jumpdrive, and under Dynamic Relations, your notoriety with the Goner tends to go up naturally as you do quests for other factions because they have no enemies.

2 Savage Spur North - for a shortcut to Western map for Traders and also because the Yaki make great fodder for boarding/bailing to build up you blueprint library.

3 Merchant Haven North - for a shortcut to Eastern map for Traders, safe passage to a Teladi Shipyard in Grand Exchange Alpha, and quick access to pirate sectors for capturing ships.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 17:11

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 25. Aug 22, 14:37
One other sort of connection would be to get you close to all the major factions so you can quickly send agents to gather Influence. In my next game (I'm kinda locked in on my current one) I plan to go with this:

-Three Worlds-Kingdom End Gamma (Argon-Boron)
-Teladi Gain-Family Whi (Teladi-Split, also closer to Ceo's Sprite than Home of Opportunity-Family Tkr)
-Unseen Domain-Unclaimed Sector (Paranid. As long as both HSAP sectors are there, this is the best single gate connection to have)

The connections are also distant from Xenon, Pirate and Yaki sectors so should see minimal hostiles from them. The Ceo's Sprite Shipyard is unique with its connection to a Military Outpost instead of the usual Equipment Dock. This allows you to replicate things you otherwise wouldn't find in an Equipment Dock. You can also use the Outpost to train Marines until your own Barracks is ready.
My first two connections are the same as yours for the same reasons and picking border sectors means traffic from more races, the third between Sacred Relic and Interworlds to include the Paranid, though I might move that one. Its proximity to Heaven's Assertion with the shipyard so close to the gate made upgrading complexes much easier, now that all mine are done and have their own beacons I'm looking elsewhere, though choosing a far-flung border sector was why I picked it. It's a shame the Terrans don't share a border with any of the other races otherwise I'd connect all of them, instead I have to settle for the CW.

Jason Qog

Post by Jason Qog » Sat, 6. Jan 24, 09:50

Darkness

Enemy sector

And depending on your friends with: 3 Worlds is my personal favorite.

As long as you have the gate locked down all will be well.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Sun, 7. Jan 24, 04:32

Grand exchange alpha - Tears of greed
Ianamus Zura alpha - New income
Seizwell gamma - Teladi Gain (or Seizwell delta - Greater Profit)

HQ in Tears of Greed works best with hsap in tears of greed. Otherwise, (Mines of Fortune - Home of Opportunity) looks like a sound alternative.

Later move the Ianamus Zura alpha gate to (Brennan's Triumph delta - Neptune).

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 8. Jan 24, 20:02

I like these combos

Void Alpha / Holy Vision Epsilon
BT Delta / Neptune (Xenon been preferring this as spawn lately, and Terran's seem to ignore them.
Unseen Domain / Unclaimed (whether you got the 2 HSAP or not :D ).

Sometimes have CBSW / Emperor Mines (easy shipyard access).
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 18:31

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 8. Jan 24, 20:02
There are actually 2 of these HSAP pairs. Unseen Domain / Unclaimed and Dark Waters/Shining Currents. You may have to deal with a Kha'ak spawn in the latter if the hostile sector nearby is active though. Then, there's several almost-pairs that have one or two additional sectors between them.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 23:10

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 11. Jan 24, 18:31
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 8. Jan 24, 20:02
There are actually 2 of these HSAP pairs. Unseen Domain / Unclaimed and Dark Waters/Shining Currents. You may have to deal with a Kha'ak spawn in the latter if the hostile sector nearby is active though. Then, there's several almost-pairs that have one or two additional sectors between them.
*Sanctuary of Darkness (Dark Waters/Shining Currents) = Xenon

I was thinking it'd be nice to have Unseen Domain/Unclaimed if you had the 2 HSAP points connected specifically to those 2 (there extra's). I should've clarified that. :D
I get Xenon P and PX groups all the time in Emperor's Pride. (2 Jumps from the Unseen Domain > Unclaimed) While I don't mind the rep bumps to paranid, I might have to rethink some of my Argon factories in Argon territory with the way things are going. I also get constant Yaki there.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 14:18

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 11. Jan 24, 23:10

*Sanctuary of Darkness (Dark Waters/Shining Currents) = Xenon
That's correct, my mistake. In my current game, I don't have that pair and that SoD is active.
I was thinking it'd be nice to have Unseen Domain/Unclaimed if you had the 2 HSAP points connected specifically to those 2 (there extra's). I should've clarified that. :D
It's possible to game it at the start of a game, by using the All-seeing eye script to check which HSAPs are active. Took me a while to get both those two for my last game. Then, I decided I wanted more favorable sectors so I started another game. Took, many, many hours until I got a combination I was satisfied with. Now, I have to do is claim all those sectors before someone else does. Key is don't go after the second and the rest until you're ready to quickly claim all the others in rapid succession. There's a cooldown between making claims for new sectors. First, make sure they don't claim a sector you want right after you make a claim. Then, just keep making claims until your next claim is accepted.

If you're gaming HSAPs, also check if any asteroids are too close to HSAP. Within 4km from the point is too close.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 13. Jan 24, 02:47

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 12. Jan 24, 14:18

That's correct, my mistake. In my current game, I don't have that pair and that SoD is active.
I really am bad about correcting people. :gruebel: Can't help myself. :mrgreen:
Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 12. Jan 24, 14:18

It's possible to game it at the start of a game, by using the All-seeing eye script to check which HSAPs are active. Took me a while to get both those two for my last game. Then, I decided I wanted more favorable sectors so I started another game. Took, many, many hours until I got a combination I was satisfied with. Now, I have to do is claim all those sectors before someone else does. Key is don't go after the second and the rest until you're ready to quickly claim all the others in rapid succession. There's a cooldown between making claims for new sectors. First, make sure they don't claim a sector you want right after you make a claim. Then, just keep making claims until your next claim is accepted.

If you're gaming HSAPs, also check if any asteroids are too close to HSAP. Within 4km from the point is too close.
Almost 115 days into my game, I might try it when I restart. I haven't added the unofficial patch yet either, but when I do my restart I likely will as well. My objective is an actual pirate style playthrough. Not be friends with anyone in the commonwealth. Still want the assortment of Terran ships. I actually like the look of the Woden. And seeing Terran fighters actually pounce on something is a nice sight.

I kind of want to get the unclaimed beta up near XS 534. That would make taking the main sector more appealing. Though I don't think I am gonna like being behind 534. I use the JD for pretty much everything. So I am ready to deal with that part. But causing all kinds of NPCs to get popped crossing 534 kinda makes me feel just a slight, kinda bad. I want to keep the HUB away from them too. So no putting it there.
Jason Qog wrote:
Sat, 6. Jan 24, 09:50
Darkness

Enemy sector

And depending on your friends with: 3 Worlds is my personal favorite.

As long as you have the gate locked down all will be well.
If you make nice with the Pirates and Teladi, Ceo's Doubt / Loo Manck Strat would be a great location. Numerous SPP that are usually full as well.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

letwolf

Post by letwolf » Sat, 27. Jan 24, 16:24

I dont like when hordes of enemies use my hub as transit zone - so I just have connected all 3 pair of gates to adjacent and quiet Boron sectors - Kingdoms end, and those two to the right. So only a few of boron ships occasionally fly through it. NO xenon, pirates, etc. And I have placed my Hq in hub sector. So that's it.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”