How to supply ecells to TL running Build MK3?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

How to supply ecells to TL running Build MK3?

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 19:15

After testing it, I think I know how to get Build MK3 to assemble a complex after I place the stations in the sector. But it still needs to go pick up the CCK and, I assume, CEKs as necessary and perhaps over the course of several jumps too. I've heard about needing to keep the TL supplied with ecells for jumping, how to best automate that?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: How to supply ecells to TL running Build MK3?

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 19:29

if you setup the auto jump and fuel resupply, it should resupply itself automatically when needed

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 19:49

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 15. Sep 22, 19:29
if you setup the auto jump and fuel resupply, it should resupply itself automatically when needed
Does it fly to the nearest capital dock equipped station that stocks ECells?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 20:13

it flies to the closest station that it can dock at. If it has freight drones, it will use those instead, allowing it to use SPP

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 15. Sep 22, 20:55

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 15. Sep 22, 20:13
If it has freight drones, it will use those instead, allowing it to use SPP
Just the drones, or does it need the drone control software as well? Is it just SPP or can it use any other station that stocks ECells?

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 03:53

I've never automated that since I used the complex construction service and only used the TL to haul the upgrade kits. To supply it I would have a smaller TL full of ecells docked at the shipyard. Heaven's Assertion is perfect because the shipyard is very close to the gate and has both L and XL kits, I would fill the big TL with upgrade kits then fill the remaining space with ecells transferred from the other TL.

Since most TLs can dock them, would it be possible to use high-capacity M3s like the enhanced Kea in place of fright drones and tell them to automatically resupply the TL with ecells? Hopefully when docked the smaller ships just top up the TL cargo hold up to a specified value and only get more when its hold only has enough ecells left to jump to the nearest SPP. I imagine in that scenario it would be the M3 jumping to the SPP rather than the TL, though I've never automated anything like that.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 05:33

would it be possible to use high-capacity M3s like the enhanced Kea in place of fright drones and tell them to automatically resupply the TL with ecells?
The problem with this is either Unload or Stock would result in the ship making one attempt to offload the ecells then moving on to the next instruction. Stock won't wait even if you specified it. The cargo bay disparity means the M3 will always be able to fully unload on the first try. Then, there's the fact that I don't know what will happen when a ship tries to unload to a destination that's not in the sector.

If Build MK3 can resupply from Complexes with SPPs, I have an idea. My plan is to put all the stations in the sector, then use Build MK3 to assemble them into a complex. I was going to start with the mines first, but I can start with the SPPs instead. There's only 25 of them in the plan, so two trips to get enough CEKs to connect everything, can load enough ecells for that. Then, I load the SPP 'plex with crystals to start it. So, there should be plenty of ecells when the TLs work on assembling the rest of the complex.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 06:25

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 15. Sep 22, 20:55
Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 15. Sep 22, 20:13
If it has freight drones, it will use those instead, allowing it to use SPP
Just the drones, or does it need the drone control software as well? Is it just SPP or can it use any other station that stocks ECells?
I haven't tested this exact event, but packing a station with stored goods also requires drones but does not need Drone Control Software so I suspect this does not either.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”