Xenon Spawning outside owned sectors?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Scoob
x4

Xenon Spawning outside owned sectors?

Post by Scoob » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 18:55

Hey all,

I was helping defend the Split Sector Zyarth's Dominion from a Xenon incursion when I noticed that Xenon ships kept just popping in, rather than traversing via the gate. While I get that Xenon ships, and stations, can often be seen just popping into existence in their own sectors, I didn't expect it in other faction-owned sectors. This makes things that little bit more tricky for defending, as one doesn't have to just blockade any gates, but patrol the entire sector. Is this by design, or is something weird going on here? I've not played an X3 title in years, so maybe I'm just forgetting the core mechanics.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Xenon Spawning outside owned sectors?

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 19:11

Ships spawning in the sector was pretty common in X3

However most of the ships should at least appear at gates in FL.

The xenon ships usually spawn I thier own sectors then jump or fly to thier target sector

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 19:21

Thanks. Should it be happening so frequently in FL? I'm seeing small fleets of Xenon popping in literally every few minutes as I watch. Luckily local forces are pretty strong.

I'm using the Unofficial Patch (thank you!) as well as FLXRM now, but I'm not aware of either of these changing spawning, perhaps I'm mistaken?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 22. Sep 22, 20:27

I just want to clarify something, by "helping defend" the sector, did you take a Defend mission or are you just shooting at Xenon in the sector?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”