Best sectors for Ice mining?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Hwitvlf

Best sectors for Ice mining?

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 12. Oct 22, 22:15

Anyone know the best sectors to set up an Ice mining operation? I haven't noticed Ice asteroids in any of the claimable sectors, and only a few Terran sectors with decent Ice yields.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Best sectors for Ice mining?

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 02:29

Hwitvlf wrote:
Wed, 12. Oct 22, 22:15
Anyone know the best sectors to set up an Ice mining operation? I haven't noticed Ice asteroids in any of the claimable sectors, and only a few Terran sectors with decent Ice yields.
Asteroid belt. This page lists all the ice asteroids in the game, and true to its name the belt has the highest yield of ice by far, with Saturn Gamma and Oort Cloud a distant second and third, respectively. A small number of non-Terran sectors have them but only the Terrans buy the water they produce.

The asteroid yields in the claimable sectors are randomised, something I wish I knew when I started out otherwise I would have claimed Dark Waters Beta instead of Akeela's Beacon Beta.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 23. Oct 22, 19:45

Thanks Soverign. The linked page doesn't seem to like me- forwards to a blank 'you look like a bot' page. Anyways, Asteroid Belt is good info.

I've never seen an ice asteroid in a claimable sector. I wonder if the randomized asteroids can yield ice. I think it would be a neat addition to FL if the Explorers Guild purchase to spawn a new asteroid sometimes targeted adjoining sectors as well. Then you could have a hope to generate a new asteroid in one of your claimed sectors.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 15:13

Hwitvlf wrote:
Sun, 23. Oct 22, 19:45
I've never seen an ice asteroid in a claimable sector. I wonder if the randomized asteroids can yield ice. I think it would be a neat addition to FL if the Explorers Guild purchase to spawn a new asteroid sometimes targeted adjoining sectors as well. Then you could have a hope to generate a new asteroid in one of your claimed sectors.
Unfocused Jumpdrive has been added in the unofficial patch but at the time being there is nothing special in that sector 23-19. It would improve 'endgame' by adding various stuff there like I mentioned in that post. Another idea for such a jump: "You can find some one-time equipment that allows your TL to grab an asteroid and jump back with it to the known universe". Thus, you first farm that sector to find that equipment and then to find good asteroid and then bring it to sector you like. :roll:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”