[X3FL] [Steam 1.3 Eng.] Several of my stations are golden?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Velvetpaw
x3fl

[X3FL] [Steam 1.3 Eng.] Several of my stations are golden?

Post by Velvetpaw » Thu, 3. Nov 22, 23:41

Hey my commonwealth friends, this is starting to drive me a bit crazy.

Several (not all) of my stations are GOLD, and nothing I do seems to resolve it.
  • I am on Steam version 1.3, in English.
  • This game is modified, and I used Cycrow's cheat scripts and PSC01's 1.33 cockpit mod, no glass version.
  • This start was just last week on Argon Official origin but was happening long before that. I only just now am filing a technical post on this. This happens pretty much every time I put down certain stations, right from the time the TL constructs it. This affects - but is not limited to - solar panels, crystal fabs, ore and silicon mines, but NOTto any ships, rehabilitation facilities, or Spacelab headquarters, and a couple other stations, but this is definitely a pretty widespread problem.
  • Other than Cycrow's and PSC01's, the first thing I attempted to do with this problem was turn off different graphical settings in X3FL's launcher, such as Dynamic Light Sources, Color variations, AA, Texture Filtering, and the other checkboxes in that menu to no effect. I've also tried every search term I can think of in this forum to see if others have had this problem - I found none. I did a complete clean re-install, wiped the whole game out and put it back on to no effect.
  • Thankfully, this seems to have no effect on gameplay. No collision issues, no crashes. It's just weird and offputting. And immersion breaking to hell. I get no error messages before, during, or after gameplay.
  • https://pastebin.com/6Qe6XE6s <-- And here is the entire DxDiag.
That's everything I think. Any ideas for solutions or some obscure patch I need to pick up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [X3FL] [Steam 1.3 Eng.] Several of my stations are golden?

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 4. Nov 22, 00:00

The colour of the station is based in the current upgrade level of the station.

To remove it you can upgrade the station further.

The only other way to remove it is to install the unofficial patch that gives you the option to remove the colouring for each station

Velvetpaw
x3fl

Post by Velvetpaw » Fri, 4. Nov 22, 00:04

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 4. Nov 22, 00:00
The colour of the station is based in the current upgrade level of the station.

To remove it you can upgrade the station further.

The only other way to remove it is to install the unofficial patch that gives you the option to remove the colouring for each station
That is incredibly bizarre. Why? And where is that listed? It seems to be so obvious, but I've never seen it. Regardless, thank you for the prompt reply, I will check out the unofficial patch!

Also this is my first time hearing of the official patch lol

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 5. Nov 22, 03:34

My game is unmodified, and I noticed that in one of my complexes all my stations are gold in colour, upgrading them didn't change their appearance, even the ones that start at bottom level and upgraded all the way to XXL don't look any different or get bigger or anything like that. I just assumed they were supposed to appear that way. The stations are golden, but the complex hub is not. I need to check out my other complexes and see if it is true of them as well.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”