Redeploy Complex Stations

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

pudderf
x3ap

Redeploy Complex Stations

Post by pudderf » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 10:00

I've built a 150 Complex using the Building Command Software. Unfortunately it wasn't until I entered the sector to finish the process I realised the Mines were blocking one of the Gates. I don't want to start the command again and lose a week's worth of gameplay.

Any suggestions?
Its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything - Tyler Durden

Hwitvlf

Re: Redeploy Complex Stations

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 10:28

You can move an existing complex. It doesn't take too long if you aren't moving it far. Using a fast TL helps. Just use "add existing station/complex" to a complex plan, then deploy the plan to a new location in the sector.

pudderf
x3ap

Post by pudderf » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 11:31

Hwitvlf wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 10:28
You can move an existing complex. It doesn't take too long if you aren't moving it far. Using a fast TL helps. Just use "add existing station/complex" to a complex plan, then deploy the plan to a new location in the sector.
Thanks. I've tried using the "add existing station/complex" command but then when I click "Deployment" it only allows me to "Save to Log" or "Export", the "Hire Construction Service" and "Build Complex" aren't shown.

I even tried disconnecting all stations from the complex and adding them individually but the same issue happened.

Am I doing something wrong?
Its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything - Tyler Durden

pudderf
x3ap

Post by pudderf » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 11:39

pudderf wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 11:31
Hwitvlf wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 10:28
Thanks. I've tried using the "add existing station/complex" command but then when I click "Deployment" it only allows me to "Save to Log" or "Export", the "Hire Construction Service" and "Build Complex" aren't shown.

I even tried disconnecting all stations from the complex and adding them individually but the same issue happened.

Am I doing something wrong?
I issued the building command through the TL and not the Complex Planner and it seems to be working now!

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 17:28

Sorry, I forgot the option to 'Deploy' was also in the Planner itself because I always issue build commands through the TL. Perhaps the option is missing from the Planner's internal menus because a hired builder can't move an existing complex.

Anyways glad you figured it out. The ability to move complexes is huge. I usually build my first complex near a gate for quick access, then move it to sector center when I get a jump beacon so I have more warning when a raiding party jumps in.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 17. Nov 22, 13:20

I had to relocate a hub for a complex I ordered in Consecrated Fire Beta, Hephaistos built it inside an asteroid mine. The mines had been lined up and the hub had been placed at the centre of the last one at the corner. It was a huge weapons complex making every laser except the ever-useless FBL, with so many stations it actually broke the station names. Had fun and games setting it up because there's a bug with the Terran Fusion Beam Cannon Forge that causes it to appear 1,500 km from the rest of the complex, in my case the game placed the 32 SPPs in a pancake stack 1,500 km from the rest of the complex and the FBC factory another 1,500 km beyond that. Took a few hours to sort that mess out and involved using Jump Beacons, an Advanced Kestrel and a pair of TLs. :lol:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”