How to build more hangars in HQ

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Mr.Killer
x4

How to build more hangars in HQ

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 21:59

Hi, I finally found a HQ, got it nicely wrapped in my Mammoth and transported it on a busier shipping lane than in the middle of nowhere. All in all I have been buying stations and linking them nicely providing each other with resouces. The number of ships that can dock keeps rising, wonderfull I hear you say, but HQ is not able to link to anything, so building things from HQ must have all the resources come by ship and because HQ needs urgent resources to build stuff, and only 5 ships can dock (in one hangar), I would like to know if there is a possibility to expand this.

Am I overlooking something? :gruebel:

iXenon

Re: How to build more hangars in HQ

Post by iXenon » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 22:06

I believe if the HQ still needs some resources then Station Manager will send its ships immediately after unloading, so the docking slots would be free. But tbh I haven't tried that, because I don't use the HQ a lot. :)

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 02:05

You can't 'complex' the HQ and there is no way (ingame) to increase the number of (external) docking slots to the vanilla Spacelab-HQ.

But ... there are some mods that replace the vanilla HQ with custom models. I never used those, but think they have more docking slots (and probably are vanilla-friendly). Look at these:
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=444814
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=444960

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 07:15

The HQ has 4 large-class docks. Use TLs. Some TLs are actually faster than the largest TS. The Goner Ozias especially, can massively extend its carrying capacity with a dozen of the largest TS docked, and it's faster than them to boot.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 13:19

Thanks all for replying, but I think I can't order other factions to leave a spot, leaving my ships circling around until one of them leaves.
Still I think for a HQ, so little spots, just unheard of. Everything is focussed on getting bigger, and a HQ that can barely hold a handfull of ships at a time. All those arms on the HQ, can support dockingclams and yet just 5 can dock. Is this what Farnham's Legacy has in store for us? just another roadblock?

Well, I'll look into the two options from DanKara....
Thanks!

After looking at the two options I decided to not use them, they are far too different and it is by now not sure If I can pack it up in my mammoth to move it from locations that is too close to other complex I built!
So, I hope an update will be needed, but from what I can tell, they rather roam the top off than to change the content (I mean Egosoft)

Bernd? If you read this? This is what you should change, a HQ that can expand! (its dockingports)

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 18:02

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 13:19
Thanks all for replying, but I think I can't order other factions to leave a spot, leaving my ships circling around until one of them leaves.
Pretty sure you can stop faction ships from docking at the HQ and expel any that are parked there by changing all factions to ''foe' in the HQ's control panel. It has unlimited internal docking for fighter ships so M3 traders like the Enhanced Kea work well for small goods. I set up a Boron Equipment Dock (which has unlimited mid-size docking) next door to the HQ where I park freighters which are waiting to be reverse engineered etc.
Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 13:19
Still I think for a HQ, so little spots, just unheard of. Everything is focussed on getting bigger, and a HQ that can barely hold a handfull of ships at a time. All those arms on the HQ, can support dockingclams and yet just 5 can dock. Is this what Farnham's Legacy has in store for us? just another roadblock?
I don't recall an official announcement about why there are so few mid size docks at the HQ, but I wonder if there is some scripting limitation? I haven't found it too limiting to gameplay. In mods like Litcube which have unlimited mid-size docks at the HQ, I never had any reason to use a faction EQ dock.
Jimmy C wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 07:15
The HQ has 4 large-class docks
I think it has 6 capital class docks for TLs

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 14:26

So true, but as you said that there is not much room for mid size ships like mercury freighter XL classes, they haul up enough at one time, deminish the visists to the HQ, and way more productive I think.
Your suggestion about adding an equipment dock is nice too, did that in an earlier game, but since I came from very hard gamestart (lost Terracorp pilot) to this finally making good cash, I want to keep that up.
A pity that I seems to not getting any factories from Split, they stay very firm on being angry against me, and it is so hard to escape them. salvage insurance needed!!!!
The need for me to be self providing stops when a station is not available and all stations the trade this are out, like rastar oil for example...

But this is my problem...

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 05:05

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sun, 20. Nov 22, 14:26
I came from very hard gamestart (lost Terracorp pilot)
How did you get money for a ship? I read on the forums where someone in their Advanced Spacesuit told a civilian ship to 'surrender' and it dropped enough credits to buy an M5 :P
I did things the hard way and scavenged battlefields for small missiles. It's very satisfying when you work your way up from nothing.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 09:49

Hwitvlf wrote:
Mon, 21. Nov 22, 05:05
Mr.Killer wrote:
Sun, 20. Nov 22, 14:26
I came from very hard gamestart (lost Terracorp pilot)
How did you get money for a ship? I read on the forums where someone in their Advanced Spacesuit told a civilian ship to 'surrender' and it dropped enough credits to buy an M5 :P
I did things the hard way and scavenged battlefields for small missiles. It's very satisfying when you work your way up from nothing.
Hahaha, YES, this is a very hard scenario at first, but at least you have a few sectors where you are quit safe. I managed to buy and sell E-cells, that is the most simple way to remember, 12 is cheap and 19 makes a few bucks. (a lot of yawning comes off of that, the agony, the waiting...) Sometimes there is in Ocean's Fantasy Gamma a derelict ship, but I did not find any. I finally manage to get enough money to buy a skeleton scorpion and start hauling stuff. From that point on it was improve the speed (so I could outrun torpedoes) because the scorpion can go fast (not as fast as the kestrel) but I did manage. After discovering three quarter of the galaxy, I found the LFL and how to turn it on. It was already there for some reason, and all I needed to do was to go in gamesettings link a button on my keyboard to it.
I did found the spacestation HQ, it was in perpetual sin, and by the time I found that, I had already a mammoth to my disposal and could easily transport it to safer and more productive area.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Tue, 29. Nov 22, 19:23

iXenon wrote:
Fri, 18. Nov 22, 22:06
I believe if the HQ still needs some resources then Station Manager will send its ships immediately after unloading, so the docking slots would be free. But tbh I haven't tried that, because I don't use the HQ a lot. :)
Tested it recently and was surprised that SM stops to send the ship after the first run. If I remove SM and then add it again it does another run and stops once it's done. This happens with my HQ. But for nearby placed Trading Station everything works fine. So I ended with enabling SM in that station and ordered another ship to perform Trade Distribution Run to deliver goods to the HQ thereafter.

I can recall that I saw a post with same problem but couldn't find it in this forum.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 02:19

My issue with the HQ is that the half-dozen capital ships docking slots are all occupied by ships that are pending reverse-engineering, either captured or bought, and each one takes hours to do, I might have to have them park outside and wait their turn. I've even got a second Valhalla that I'm going to do last :lol:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”