Pirate Killing in the Main Plot.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

wolfmanz
x4

Pirate Killing in the Main Plot.

Post by wolfmanz » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 18:31

I have started the game and have got to the killing of Pirates in the Main Plot.
I have a Split Scorpion x6 Particle Accelerator Canons, x2 1MJ Shields
I have tried the Paranid Equipment Dock for 5MJ Shields but always out of stock!
When I have tried to fight the M5's & M4's I keep running out of energy. If I do manage to hit them, their shields drop but if they hit me it's down to the hull in no time!!
What can I do to get a better ship, weapons and shields as I am running out of interest!!

DanKara
x4

Re: Pirate Killing in the Main Plot.

Post by DanKara » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 11:12

Sadly, there is no way to buy some 5MJ or 25 MJ-shields.
But even in a (unshielded) Scorpion you can go after NPC M4 or M3 to make them bail - and hope their shields survive the bailing. Just stay behind your prey ... and your spacesuit has a RepairLaser (in case things go south...). If you happen to bail a M3 you can take (some) 25MJ-shields from the two derelict TS-ships (that you probably have already found?).

You could also try and kill the M5- or M4-pirates. You only need to kill 5 pirates to proceed the plot (though they tend to vanish fairly fast...).
Wrt weapon energy: dont use all weapons against ship faster than yourself (2-3 PAC's should suffice against M5/M4).
In addition: Are you aware of the 'bore sight fire'-mode ([left Ctrl]) that uses a mild Auto-Aim if you have the 'Fight-Software MK2' equiped?

Else: restart the game in a different scenario (with a different ship). The Boron-start has you in a fairly good M4 and the Yaki-start in a mediocre M3 - both are valid options in the starting area.

wolfmanz
x4

Re: Pirate Killing in the Main Plot.

Post by wolfmanz » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 21:33

Thanks for the reply
I wasn't aware of the bore sight in Fight mk II so thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”