The combat rating mechanics

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

iXenon

The combat rating mechanics

Post by iXenon » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 00:31

Do I need personally kill foes in order to increase the combat rating? I found here that "Ships killed by player owned ships out of sector give a reduced number of points". But it doesn't seem to count at all. Tried both scenarios, being both out of sector and in sector as well, result is the same. When my own ships kill enemies, my rating doesn't increase and the statistics of destroyed objects remains the same. Is this expected in FL?

DanKara
x4

Re: The combat rating mechanics

Post by DanKara » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 16:35

Don't belief the statement on the Wiki to be true. Haver never seen something to this extent in TC / AP / FL.

But how did you check? By watching the %-progression before and after 'some' killing? Depending on your current Fight-rank can 1% cover multiple M2 destroyed...
Or did you use the ScriptEditor to get the absolute value for your current Fight-rank? On the ScriptEditor there are the simple commands 'get fight rank" and 'write to player logbook'.
I used similar commands for checking my Trade Rank and Moral...

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 17:53

I sent my fleet to various sectors (one per attempt after reloading) and killed some M6/M1 in those remote sectors. And this killing wasn't visible in statistics. Then reloaded the game, jumped in those sectors and ordered the fleet to kill some big or capital ships again. Same result. Then reloaded again and did similar killing alone on my Kogarasu and it started to increase numbers in statistics and the rating slowly started to rise. Did some other tests as well, like ordering to kill a particular target or allowing the fleet to choose it independently, and now started to think that players have to kill foes by themselves. What I haven't tested yet whether it would work if player just hit target at once and then let the fleet to finish it.

Meanwhile want to ask about this video. It shows two fights in X3FL and I see there two things I haven't seen before:
  1. That player somehow kicked off the pilot from M1 in some kill mission. But it should work only for TS/TP/M5/M4/M3, shouldn't it? (See at 5:40)
  2. The next combat happened in Unclaimed Sector (8-18) and that's also interesting. This sector is empty and there is no a target to attack. Why did the invasion happen there?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 16:40

wrt 1: Have you noticed the additional information about 'Ulmankolak... piloting Yaki Hoshi 31 bravado' when the Player-Hyp has scanned the Yaki Hoshi (at 4:53). It is half hidden by the progress bar from the vid. I suspect a MOD at work. Weren't there MOD's that increase bail chances and let CapShips bail for FL aswell as for TC/AP?

wrt 2: Could also be a MOD at work, but then there is a TOA placed for the RSL in that sector... maybe something there is attracting to YAKI. Don't think I have ever seen the like.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Mon, 10. Jul 23, 08:28

Tried again, destroyed 3-5 Xenon's M1/M2 and 5-7 Q, but it didn't change the rating at all. Going to try M7M and rockets storm.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Jul 23, 11:00

iXenon wrote:
Mon, 10. Jul 23, 08:28
Tried again, destroyed 3-5 Xenon's M1/M2 and 5-7 Q, but it didn't change the rating at all. Going to try M7M and rockets storm.
So when you open your pilot stats, and it shows you your kills and destroyed objects, I noticed that I don't always get credit for something destroyed by one of my remote ships. I noticed this after attacking the Strong Arms in there core sector. In particular I let an I and several Qs wreck the place. I didn't get credit for anything I didn't personally shoot at. Strong Arms Headquarters and Strong Arms shipyard among those. Got it at a later date when I hit them again and had shot at those at least a little. I am thinking the combat rating increase may be a similar case.

During combat missions you definitely get payment credit for what they kill, but try shooting at something and let something big finish it off. Then check your combat rank.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 14. Jul 23, 05:46

I'm trying to increase my own combat rank with a view to getting it high enough that an assassination mission against the ATF puts the target in a Woden and have been wondering what the most efficient way of doing it is. Do I just hop in an M7M and visit the nearest Xenon sector and let rip with missiles, or do I grab an M2+ and shoot up the place instead? Because I have the infrastructure to do both and it's one of last things I have to do in the game.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Fri, 14. Jul 23, 09:50

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 14. Jul 23, 05:46
I'm trying to increase my own combat rank with a view to getting it high enough that an assassination mission against the ATF puts the target in a Woden and have been wondering what the most efficient way of doing it is. Do I just hop in an M7M and visit the nearest Xenon sector and let rip with missiles, or do I grab an M2+ and shoot up the place instead? Because I have the infrastructure to do both and it's one of last things I have to do in the game.
I still haven't found anything that increases the combat rating expect when player's current ship destroys an enemy ship. Missiles definitely work, but up to Battlemaster (25) a M2 with laser beams in Khaak sector on SETA may help as well. :-)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 21:18

iXenon wrote:
Fri, 14. Jul 23, 09:50
Sovereign01 wrote:
I still haven't found anything that increases the combat rating expect when player's current ship destroys an enemy ship. Missiles definitely work, but up to Battlemaster (25) a M2 with laser beams in Khaak sector on SETA may help as well. :-)
I already kind of tried that in my hunt for Beta Kyons to arm my Corvette, even with my Megalodon I had to retreat eventually but not before I'd destroyed 60 Khaak Corvettes and countless smaller ships. And by all accounts the SETA trick actually costs you combat rank because leaving the game idle does that.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 15. Jul 23, 23:36

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jul 23, 21:18
...And by all accounts the SETA trick actually costs you combat rank because leaving the game idle does that.
I think if no keys were pressed within one hour (game time) then it would decrease combat and trade ranks. In its turn, it means that any key pressing within 6 minutes (real time) would prevent that decreasing. I often play on SETA when I'm building a complex or giving some orders to ships and my ratings hasn't been decreased.
Sovereign01 wrote:
I already kind of tried that in my hunt for Beta Kyons to arm my Corvette, even with my Megalodon I had to retreat eventually but not before I'd destroyed 60 Khaak Corvettes and countless smaller ships.
Did you get some rating improvement?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 04:26

Sovereign01 wrote:
Just a suggestion, visit some Xenon sectors in a Pteranodon. The last Patrol Mission I did was in Ceo's Doubt against Yaki. I got 5 Hoshi's, 3 Akuma and 2 of there Frigates as targets. Wasn't too terrible of a fight. Ended up with 12 bales from the little ones as well.

My loadout is Main 8 x PPC
Left and Right 8 x PALC each (btw does anyone else notice enemy shields sometimes reset when using these beam weapons?)
Back 4 x ISR

I tend to melt everything up to an I as long as I don't bite off more than I can chew. (My combat rank is currently Conqueror.)

I'll hit Lasting Vengeance frequently to recycle several Zeus. I do this in M7M though.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 07:33

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 15. Jul 23, 23:36
Sovereign01 wrote:
...And by all accounts the SETA trick actually costs you combat rank because leaving the game idle does that.
I think if no keys were pressed within one hour (game time) then it would decrease combat and trade ranks. In its turn, it means that any key pressing within 6 minutes (real time) would prevent that decreasing. I often play on SETA when I'm building a complex or giving some orders to ships and my ratings hasn't been decreased.
Sovereign01 wrote:
I already kind of tried that in my hunt for Beta Kyons to arm my Corvette, even with my Megalodon I had to retreat eventually but not before I'd destroyed 60 Khaak Corvettes and countless smaller ships.
Did you get some rating improvement?
This was ages ago now, I can't remember how much my rank went up by.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 07:43

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 16. Jul 23, 04:26
Sovereign01 wrote:
Just a suggestion, visit some Xenon sectors in a Pteranodon. The last Patrol Mission I did was in Ceo's Doubt against Yaki. I got 5 Hoshi's, 3 Akuma and 2 of there Frigates as targets. Wasn't too terrible of a fight. Ended up with 12 bales from the little ones as well.

Left and Right 8 x PALC each (btw does anyone else notice enemy shields sometimes reset when using these beam weapons?)
Back 4 x ISR

I tend to melt everything up to an I as long as I don't bite off more than I can chew. (My combat rank is currently Conqueror.)

I'll hit Lasting Vengeance frequently to recycle several Zeus. I do this in M7M though.
A bit above me, I'm halfway through Battlemaster. I do have a Pteranodon that I've boosted the speed and agility of to give it more of an edge. In fact, I've boarded at least one of every M2+, REd and rebuilt an I (uncertain on the best loadout for that due to limited cargo space), working on getting my Kyoto and Megalodon some more engine tunings and rudder optimizations. Also got myself a pair of Valhallas, one of which is at the very back of the queue for reverse engineering and because I have two will probably never build another.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 18. Jul 23, 07:45

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jul 23, 07:43
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

Back 4 x ISR

A bit above me, I'm halfway through Battlemaster. I do have a Pteranodon that I've boosted the speed and agility of to give it more of an edge. In fact, I've boarded at least one of every M2+, REd and rebuilt an I (uncertain on the best loadout for that due to limited cargo space), working on getting my Kyoto and Megalodon some more engine tunings and rudder optimizations. Also got myself a pair of Valhallas, one of which is at the very back of the queue for reverse engineering and because I have two will probably never build another.
Best loadout for me with the I is 600+ Tempest Missiles(Its a hybrid missile boat afterall), Front Left and Right Arcs use PPC for anti capital, the rest use (Black Market Available - Teladi or Paranid space)Fusion Beam Cannon if you gottem. Those FBC are terror's in the battlefield when in system. Seeing 300 tempest missiles active at once, is a very terrifying sight as well.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 18. Jul 23, 08:04

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 18. Jul 23, 07:45
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 17. Jul 23, 07:43
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

Back 4 x ISR

Best loadout for me with the I is 600+ Tempest Missiles(Its a hybrid missile boat afterall), Front Left and Right Arcs use PPC for anti capital, the rest use (Black Market Available - Teladi or Paranid space)Fusion Beam Cannon if you gottem. Those FBC are terror's in the battlefield when in system. Seeing 300 tempest missiles active at once, is a very terrifying sight as well.
I do have them, I spent a lot of time and credits building a huge complex dedicated to producing all the lasers, and other complexes dedicated to missiles, I should be able to do something with those :D

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Tue, 25. Jul 23, 09:37

iXenon wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tried both the approaches and was surprised that for me it works better in the Khaak sector. The Corvettes appear fast enough and I had small but stable rating increasing. In the Xenon sector there were only a couple of M2 plus M1 and lots of aggressive PX, P, L and M at the same time.

P.S. But still don't understand how to reach the Legend rank (28) and more. It seems it would need thousands of Corvettes.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 25. Jul 23, 15:55

iXenon wrote:
Tue, 25. Jul 23, 09:37
iXenon wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tried both the approaches and was surprised that for me it works better in the Khaak sector. The Corvettes appear fast enough and I had small but stable rating increasing. In the Xenon sector there were only a couple of M2 plus M1 and lots of aggressive PX, P, L and M at the same time.

P.S. But still don't understand how to reach the Legend rank (28) and more. It seems it would need thousands of Corvettes.
I just need to increase it enough that I get a Woden as an assassination target for the ATF so I can board it. At the moment I'm getting Aegirs :lol: Already tried getting one to spawn by blowing up Odins but unlike blowing up Tyrs to get a Valhalla to appear, the game just makes another Odin in its place.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 27. Jul 23, 04:31

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jul 23, 15:55
iXenon wrote:
iXenon wrote:

I just need to increase it enough that I get a Woden as an assassination target for the ATF so I can board it. At the moment I'm getting Aegirs :lol: Already tried getting one to spawn by blowing up Odins but unlike blowing up Tyrs to get a Valhalla to appear, the game just makes another Odin in its place.
Hit Sanctuary of Darkness. There should be enough in there. Just obviously go prepared.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 27. Jul 23, 07:23

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 27. Jul 23, 04:31
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jul 23, 15:55
iXenon wrote:

Hit Sanctuary of Darkness. There should be enough in there. Just obviously go prepared.
Wouldn't be the first time I've done that, I just need to figure out the most efficient way to resupply my missiles between raids :lol:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”