Where can I buy a Tern?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Raposus
x2

Where can I buy a Tern?

Post by Raposus » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 13:14

I recently started playing X3 FL in the challenging sandbox beginning as Teladi. I read in a post that the best M7 was the Tern. But I can't find Tern in any shipyard. Where can I buy one?
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Wed, 5. Apr 23, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to X3FL forum

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: Where can I buy a Tern?

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 14:07

Raposus wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 13:14
I recently started playing X3 FL in the challenging sandbox beginning as Teladi. I read in a post that the best M7 was the Tern. But I can't find Tern in any shipyard. Where can I buy one?
I don't think you can buy it, as far as I know you can acquire it via diplomacy.
In short you need to have agents to gain influence and possibly reputation with the Teladi and when you meet these prerequisites you can, always using an agent, choose the option to gain access to certain ships. I am not sure if for a limited time only or for good, you will be given the option to buy it at a shipyard belonging to the owner's race.

There should be more info regarding the use of diplomacy here https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ival+Guide
Last edited by Brinnie on Tue, 4. Apr 23, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Raposus
x2

Post by Raposus » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 15:52

Brinnie wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 14:07
Raposus wrote:
I don't think you can buy it, as far as I know you can acquire it via diplomacy.
In short you need to have agents to gain influence and possibly reputation with the Teladi and when you meet these prerequisites you can, always using an agent, choose the option to gain access to certain ships. I am not sure but for a limited time only you will be given the option to buy it at a shipyard belonging to the owner's race.

There should be more info regarding the use of diplomacy here https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ival+Guide
I'm still looking for Spacelab HQ. Thank you for your help.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 4. Apr 23, 11:10

Raposus wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 15:52
Brinnie wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 14:07
Raposus wrote:
... I read in a post that the best M7 was the Tern. But I can't find Tern in any shipyard. Where can I buy one?
I don't think you can buy it, as far as I know you can acquire it via diplomacy. ...
I'm still looking for Spacelab HQ. Thank you for your help.
The main faction have (up to) 4 ships that have to be unlocked via Diplomacy (Agents) to become buyable assets in the shipyards of each faction.
However, these ships will most likely appear as random spawned ships used by the AI and may become yours (by asking, claiming, boarding).

I found it convenient to use the 'All-Seeing-Eye'-script when looking for a specific (type of) station, ship or crate.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 17. May 23, 04:26

Raposus wrote:
Straight answer for you.
Spoiler
Show
Ianamus Zura Alpha - As others said it requires an agent to "unlock" it.
To every season, turn turn turn, there is a reason, tern tern tern. :D
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

weralxet
x3fl

Post by weralxet » Wed, 17. May 23, 15:15

Raposus wrote:
I might be mistaken, but thought seen one for over 6.5M discovery points in Royal Boron Research Center NPC rewards exchange once.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 19. May 23, 13:38

weralxet wrote:
Wed, 17. May 23, 15:15
Raposus wrote:
I might be mistaken, but thought seen one for over 6.5M discovery points in Royal Boron Research Center NPC rewards exchange once.
That would be a reward that will pop up randomly at any possible Trade / EqDock / Shipyard. Then it has to be "built" by the player. In my spoiler tag above I have the exact shipyard that sells it.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 19. May 23, 13:45

Best player ship to base from in my humble opinion, is the Pteranadon. (M2+) It has a main firing arc that can house PPCs, left and right arcs that can take (8 each arc) Plasma Beam Cannons, these will melt most opponents. And ISR for the rear. Plus it's technically a light carrier. Can hold up to 16 fighters.

The Tern is alright shielding wise, but its toughest hitting weapons are Gauss Cannons. I personally didn't care for them. I'll stick to the Spring-blossom over it.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

aiedculedsul

Post by aiedculedsul » Tue, 23. May 23, 13:21

I was unimpressed by the Tern too, its very fragile despite the shielding and power drains very quickly if you install IBL's and attempt to take a larger capital ship. I keep mine to complete the collection ;)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”