How to keep a leveled trader?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

johneh77
xr

How to keep a leveled trader?

Post by johneh77 » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 19:01

Hello
I caught a level 13 trader after buying his cheap ship. Can't remember how to keep them. I don't have trader 3 software yet as I was just starting over. Is there a way to keep him without the software? I don't even remember how to do it with the software actually.

delray
x3tc

Re: How to keep a leveled trader?

Post by delray » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 19:28

I didn't use that software in years, but I recall there was a "move pilot to another ship" script as a part of that package. You should look for it, maybe.
Where is it?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 21:47

you can promote him to a pilot from the freight freight. And you can just use normal freight exchange to transfer them from ship to ship.

note, they have a destination and if you dock there they will leave. Once you promote them, they will no longer have a destination to goto and stay permanently. You dont need MK3 to do this, but they wont do anything without the software

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 00:56

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 21:47
you can promote him to a pilot from the freight freight. And you can just use normal freight exchange to transfer them from ship to ship.

note, they have a destination and if you dock there they will leave. Once you promote them, they will no longer have a destination to goto and stay permanently. You dont need MK3 to do this, but they wont do anything without the software
Thank you!
I put him in a manta for the moment. I did see the option to make him the pilot after I put him in there. Will watch for more.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 13:22

You don't need to keep every trader you pick up. The low-ranking ones that can't use a jumpdrive, rank 8 and below, I think, just send them on their way and collect the reward.
Of those above rank 9, if their reward in the 100s of thousands or more, collecting the reward would be worth it. If their reward is just ten to 20 thousand, those you should keep to use as MK3 Traders later. Much more worth it that way.
Don't worry about rarity. If you play for a few hundred hours and frequently bail ships, you'll eventually find a lot of these traders.

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 22:24

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 2. Apr 23, 13:22
You don't need to keep every trader you pick up. The low-ranking ones that can't use a jumpdrive, rank 8 and below, I think, just send them on their way and collect the reward.
Of those above rank 9, if their reward in the 100s of thousands or more, collecting the reward would be worth it. If their reward is just ten to 20 thousand, those you should keep to use as MK3 Traders later. Much more worth it that way.
Don't worry about rarity. If you play for a few hundred hours and frequently bail ships, you'll eventually find a lot of these traders.
Thanks
I was actually keeping some lower ones maybe that isn't worth it? I wonder if it might be worth it at the level they can trade more than one sector though I don't remember what level that is either. been a while. I did take one I think level 12 since he payed over 2 million to return him there. He came form a decked out Consus I bought for 10 mill was glad to get some of it back but very surprised at the price for a short ride.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 5. Apr 23, 20:07

johneh77 wrote:
Sun, 2. Apr 23, 22:24

I was actually keeping some lower ones maybe that isn't worth it?
Considering that you'd need to level them up some before they can use a jumpdrive, better off just sending them to their destination.
I wonder if it might be worth it at the level they can trade more than one sector though I don't remember what level that is either.
I recall it's about 9, that's why I said just repatriate the ones at 8 and below.
I did take one I think level 12 since he payed over 2 million to return him there. He came form a decked out Consus I bought for 10 mill was glad to get some of it back but very surprised at the price for a short ride.
Returning that one was the correct decision.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”