Traffic hazard

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Traffic hazard

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 7. May 23, 19:56

I've got an amusing problem.
I've got an asteroid that's right next to the HSAP in Unseen Domain beta. It is so close to the HSAP that any large ship, like a TL, will crash into it on exit from the HSAP.

What annoys me is, I can't preserve it. I can't enter the sector with a TL, so I have to build the TOA first. But if I do that then build a mine on the rock, it will overlap the TOA and be destroyed immediately if I try to move it or eventually anyway.

I don't need to preserve it. I've seen that my plans for a complex in that sector don't need that rock. But if I destroyed it, its debris will still hang around there and be a traffic hazard. Who knows if and when harvesting will clean it all up.

I suppose I could use HephCorp to build a mine there OOS and tow it to a new location. Can this be done before I build the TOA? I hope the overlap gets disregarded OOS. This feels like a waste of money if it works.

What if I build the mine, leave the sector, then order a TL with Build MK3 to build a complex with the mine in a new location?

Agimar
x3ap

Re: Traffic hazard

Post by Agimar » Mon, 8. May 23, 11:47

Plan a complex and include this asteroid.

Place the complex away from the gate. Be OOS while complex is under construction.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 8. May 23, 17:54

Agimar wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 11:47

Place the complex away from the gate. Be OOS while complex is under construction.
That did work! Thanks. I also took advantage of the opportunity to move another asteroid that was in the middle of a cluster. That would definitely cause collisions if I had to put a mine on any of the other rocks in the cluster.

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Wed, 10. May 23, 11:04

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 17:54
Agimar wrote:
Mon, 8. May 23, 11:47

That did work! Thanks. I also took advantage of the opportunity to move another asteroid that was in the middle of a cluster. That would definitely cause collisions if I had to put a mine on any of the other rocks in the cluster.
You're welcome! :)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”