Quantum Processor Wink Wink

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Quantum Processor Wink Wink

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Jul 23, 10:42

iXenon wrote:
Mon, 10. Jul 23, 08:18

Thanks, seems it works both with the product and the storage types. I just wanted to know what is the logic behind, but now it looks more clear. So, if a market has enough of some goods, then the traders would more likely try to sell it. And now I think it isn't really a bug, but something that was overlooked. The QP and FC have to be a special kind of goods and don't appear on the market in such volumes. But I'd like idea to get more of them from time to time.
You'll also find them up to 3 sectors away. I guess it works with Trade and Equipment docks, but you need 60k of each to get them to work. My gut tells me your probably right with that being overlooked. Likely it'll be patched out by Cycrow in his unofficial patches. So anyone staying Vanilla don't have to worry about it going away, unless it's greenlighted to make version 1.4. :D

I finally got a fleet of Kha'ak Fighters and Deca M3's that are fully armed. Time to cause havok.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 25. Jul 23, 16:27

Now I simply HAVE to try this, if it just has to be within a 3 jump radius I won't need to move my HQ at all as it's in the hub sector and has a long line of ships to reverse engineer :lol: I could finally arm my Springblossom how I want, and if there was a way I could obtain a Terran #deca I'd finally have something to make Gamma Kyons for! :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 27. Jul 23, 04:34

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jul 23, 16:27
Now I simply HAVE to try this, if it just has to be within a 3 jump radius I won't need to move my HQ at all as it's in the hub sector and has a long line of ships to reverse engineer :lol: I could finally arm my Springblossom how I want, and if there was a way I could obtain a Terran #deca I'd finally have something to make Gamma Kyons for! :lol:
The #deca is just a tease. Unless Cycrow's unofficial patch makes it somehow available. :D

But I think the point is somehow to stay - unmodified - heh. 8)
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 27. Jul 23, 07:20

Are you sure the HQ has to have the processors/crystals set as a product? Because so far the brokers I've encountered all want to buy those items, not sell them. Are they the same sector-wide or are they different for each station in the sector?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 27. Jul 23, 22:36

Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 27. Jul 23, 07:20
Are you sure the HQ has to have the processors/crystals set as a product? Because so far the brokers I've encountered all want to buy those items, not sell them. Are they the same sector-wide or are they different for each station in the sector?
Its a quiet video, but shows my settings. And the barter merchant stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJAAWxwN7-4

Time stamp roughly 1:02 in that video will show the merchant buying stock.

The min and max amounts need to be the same, and you have to have exactly that amount in the station. Applies to both focus crystals and the processors.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 28. Jul 23, 05:44

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 27. Jul 23, 22:36
The min and max amounts need to be the same, and you have to have exactly that amount in the station. Applies to both focus crystals and the processors.
Just to be clear, this still works if your HQ has only 20 of each and you set the min and max to 20?

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 28. Jul 23, 05:53

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 27. Jul 23, 07:20
Its a quiet video, but shows my settings. And the barter merchant stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJAAWxwN7-4

Time stamp roughly 1:02 in that video will show the merchant buying stock.

I can't believe I never thought about using the satellite's best buys locator feature, I've never needed it before. That's going to make checking a hundred times easier! :mrgreen: Does it work out to a 3-jump radius, and does it happen right away or is there a delay?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 28. Jul 23, 13:21

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 28. Jul 23, 05:53
Does it work out to a 3-jump radius, and does it happen right away or is there a delay?
The BBL can look into more than one sector, you can increase the range with the control in the upper right corner of the window. But, I think it can only look in sectors where you have Adv. sats.
Not a problem for me, since I have sats. covering every sector.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 28. Jul 23, 13:42

it doesn't need the advanced satellites, any property will work. The same as if you are viewing prices remotely

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 28. Jul 23, 19:37

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 28. Jul 23, 05:44
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Just to be clear, this still works if your HQ has only 20 of each and you set the min and max to 20?
Yes, I only started with 10 processors and 2 focus crystals. I had to recycle my spitfire to get the processors. I have since rebuilt it and a backup spring blossom.

As long as you don't have ships sitting in the npc stations, they should appear fairly quickly.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 29. Jul 23, 06:38

Do I need to enable "other races can trade with this station" for this to work? Maybe that's why I'm not seeing any offers... Or maybe it's because the HQ is located in the hub sector so all the gate connections are treated differently to normal ones. I need to plug some gaps that appeared in my coverage after the Paranid turned against me. :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 30. Jul 23, 20:16

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jul 23, 06:38
Do I need to enable "other races can trade with this station" for this to work? Maybe that's why I'm not seeing any offers... Or maybe it's because the HQ is located in the hub sector so all the gate connections are treated differently to normal ones. I need to plug some gaps that appeared in my coverage after the Paranid turned against me. :lol:
Well, I am in the unclaimed sector (I called it Distant Clouds) just off Unseen Domain.
The hub is between mine and the Paranid sector. And the barter merchants are working for me in Unseen Domain. I don't know about the "other races can trade" option, but I know the buy orders should show up quickly once it's set up. As in the time it takes for you to send a ship to them. Maybe being in the hub has something to do with it. I know some of the claimable sectors don't operate as normal when it comes to asteroids respawning and what not. Akeela's Beacon beta being one prime example.

I did my initial testing in Profit Center Alpha. I got orders as far as Scale Plate Green. Then I moved the Spacelab to Distant Clouds and the orders followed.

All you can do is try the settings, try moving the Spacelab. And it's important that the quantity of processors and focus crystals is exact to both maximum allowed and keep minimum values.

Oh- if you are using the unofficial patch, I believe Cycrow tweaked this out.

I'm uploading a copy of my save to google drive with it working, so you can see how mine is set up if you wish. I'll link it right here when it finishes. Edit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LuL79V ... sp=sharing
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 04:20

I don't know if I need to have a ship in the sector as well as an advanced satellite to start getting buy orders, maybe that's the next step. All I know is that I spent enough time in one pirate sector adjoining a Xenon sector to wear down and destroy two Xenon Ks in my Kogarasu Maru and still no orders showed up. I'd connected the hub to far-flung border sectors for as many races as I could, including Argon/Boron, Teladi/Split and Argon/Paranid. I replaced as many adv. sats as I could in the adjoining sectors hoping my luck would change but alas, nothing.

I hope I don't have to move the HQ as I have a mile-long queue of ships still to be reverse-engineered and reproduced. At some point that will have to include my Sirokos if I want the blueprint, can't do that until I can find and then board a Woden. If other players can get it to work while located in the hub I don't know why I can't.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 24. Aug 23, 05:06

Well I discovered the problem, both wares were listed in the Gate Hub. Just by removing them, they started popping up in adjoining sectors! :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 24. Aug 23, 07:13

Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 24. Aug 23, 05:06
Well I discovered the problem, both wares were listed in the Gate Hub. Just by removing them, they started popping up in adjoining sectors! :lol:
If you max out the storage at the Hub, now that you can get more, that should do the trick too. It should apply as well to any Trade Dock or Equipment Dock. You just have to buy a lot first. Gratz!

I believe Cycrows unofficial patch, patches this out. Just a warning. But since those above seem reluctant to either sign the patch, or push it as a version 1.4 I don't think we have to worry. Sad too, cause I was looking forward to getting a few orbital defense platforms. I asked one of the admins to help, he passed along to request. Seems it's been forgotten or declined. Oh well. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 24. Aug 23, 08:08

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 24. Aug 23, 07:13
Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 24. Aug 23, 05:06
If you max out the storage at the Hub, now that you can get more, that should do the trick too. It should apply as well to any Trade Dock or Equipment Dock. You just have to buy a lot first. Gratz!

I believe Cycrows unofficial patch, patches this out. Just a warning. But since those above seem reluctant to either sign the patch, or push it as a version 1.4 I don't think we have to worry. Sad too, cause I was looking forward to getting a few orbital defense platforms. I asked one of the admins to help, he passed along to request. Seems it's been forgotten or declined. Oh well. :D
I've gotten a few hundred of each so far, getting a dozen at a time if I'm lucky, does that go up if I store them in the HQ? And do I need to match the min and max to however many I've got for it to keep working? :lol: Now that I'll be able to arm it how I want I can make myself a Springblossom. After I finish remaking the M7Ds that I've just REd (Griffon under construction, then the Guppy) that is! :lol:

All that's left is a ship I can mount Gamma Kyons on. Such as the #deca M1 :mrgreen:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 24. Aug 23, 10:48

Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 24. Aug 23, 08:08

I've gotten a few hundred of each so far, getting a dozen at a time if I'm lucky, does that go up if I store them in the HQ? And do I need to match the min and max to however many I've got for it to keep working? :lol: Now that I'll be able to arm it how I want I can make myself a Springblossom. After I finish remaking the M7Ds that I've just REd (Griffon under construction, then the Guppy) that is! :lol:

All that's left is a ship I can mount Gamma Kyons on. Such as the #deca M1 :mrgreen:
That's a yes.
Add more to what you have in the HQ. Keep the min and max set to how many you have stored. The barter merchants will increase with you.

And I don't think the #deca M1 is obtainable without using cheats in the game. :lol:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 25. Aug 23, 01:05

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 24. Aug 23, 10:48
Sovereign01 wrote:
Thu, 24. Aug 23, 08:08

That's a yes.
Add more to what you have in the HQ. Keep the min and max set to how many you have stored. The barter merchants will increase with you.

And I don't think the #deca M1 is obtainable without using cheats in the game. :lol:
I'll need to use another ship to ferry the FC and GCs to the HQ as I keep getting the "docking denied". Still got too many ships to RE, just finished the Thresher :lol:
It doesn't make sense that they'd put in the ability to make Gamma Kyons but not obtain any of the ships that can use them, especially as they include the other ships in the #deca family but not that one :gruebel:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 25. Aug 23, 03:49

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 25. Aug 23, 01:05

I'll need to use another ship to ferry the FC and GCs to the HQ as I keep getting the "docking denied". Still got too many ships to RE, just finished the Thresher :lol:
It doesn't make sense that they'd put in the ability to make Gamma Kyons but not obtain any of the ships that can use them, especially as they include the other ships in the #deca family but not that one :gruebel:
I agree with the gamma kyons 100%. Until someone comes up with a how and where obtaining a deca CPU ship they don't exist. lol... Not that resources in game exist to properly arm them. And why would a deca CPU have ever needed gamma kyons anyway? :gruebel: :o Did they somehow create the Kha'ak. (Gotta say it, Kha'ak ka doodle doo!! I miss the X2 pronunciation. :D )

Dock your TS to Ozias and dock them that way. That's what I do sometimes. I have like 9 Ozias. 2 for remote mining nividium. The rest dedicated to other various tasks. 1 to hold all my boarding operation supplies. :D

Not to mention trying to keep 1 of each race type just for the purpose of collecting them.

I've started using colored fleets/wings for different racial type ships. Did you know jumping a wing in caused them to all jump in at once. They come through the gate merged and separate afterwards. Makes me nervous to see. I went through a gate in a Kraken once. When I came out I had joined with another M7 entering from the other side. Kaboom happened. lol.... :doh: :rant: :D

Just an off topic note: Is it me or do the forums seem kinda lonely these days. :mrgreen:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 25. Aug 23, 05:12

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 25. Aug 23, 03:49
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 25. Aug 23, 01:05

I agree with the gamma kyons 100%. Until someone comes up with a how and where obtaining a deca CPU ship they don't exist. lol... Not that resources in game exist to properly arm them. And why would a deca CPU have ever needed gamma kyons anyway? :gruebel: :o Did they somehow create the Kha'ak. (Gotta say it, Kha'ak ka doodle doo!! I miss the X2 pronunciation. :D )

Dock your TS to Ozias and dock them that way. That's what I do sometimes. I have like 9 Ozias. 2 for remote mining nividium. The rest dedicated to other various tasks. 1 to hold all my boarding operation supplies. :D

Not to mention trying to keep 1 of each race type just for the purpose of collecting them.

I've started using colored fleets/wings for different racial type ships. Did you know jumping a wing in caused them to all jump in at once. They come through the gate merged and separate afterwards. Makes me nervous to see. I went through a gate in a Kraken once. When I came out I had joined with another M7 entering from the other side. Kaboom happened. lol.... :doh: :rant: :D

Just an off topic note: Is it me or do the forums seem kinda lonely these days. :mrgreen:
Well since the Khaak corvette is available, why not the rest of the Khaak fleet? :lol: Unless the CPU ship actually costs more RSS than the HQ can hold, though it was in the last game that it was the Valhalla that couldn't be built that way as that HQ lacked the capacity. But since I have two Valhallas anyway, the chances of me building one once I RE is is pretty much zero. I need to test out a strategy on using one- jump in with an M6 carrying a jump beacon and use that to call in the big ship, scoop up the beacon and dock with it. I should couple that with finding a tuning and seeing if I can drag it there with a tractor beam owing to its glacial pace :mrgreen:

I was using an Aran for storage, I collected what I had and made room in the HQ for an M6 to dock by sending the Owl that I've been using to ferry silicon and ore from my Ozias-based minion operation working in Seizewell Alpha. I only have 3 of those, with one each supporting Geochens, Mistrals, and Owls. It's infrequent enough I can ferry it manually, yet despite having 36 miners running there's no sign of them finishing having been at it for days, do the rocks there respawn or something?

Once I have one of each M7D I'll manufacture any of the drone types I'm missing- gotta catch 'em all! :lol: The bottleneck for ship-building materials always seems to boil down to microchips. Despite having an XL complex dedicated to the production of ship materials, those are in shortest supply. I might have to expand production there, though thanks to the number of cyles required it will take time to get a second factory up to speed.

I never got the hang of using wings, perhaps because I never worked with more than two ships at any one time, I always saw them as the sort of thing a carrier would use for its fighters or something and wouldn't let me control any of the ships individually.

I'm sure the X4 one is a lot more active- once I'm done with FC I'll probably look in there! :mrgreen:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”