Quantum Processor Wink Wink

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

phantomrock2
x4

Quantum Processor Wink Wink

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 16. Jun 23, 14:43

you are talking to the automated interactive system please make your request

Mission Briefing

Reward: 11 988 232Cr + 3x Quantum Processor

thanks
[" thank you "]

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Quantum Processor Wink Wink

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 07:20

phantomrock2 wrote:
Fri, 16. Jun 23, 14:43
you are talking to the automated interactive system please make your request

Mission Briefing

Reward: 11 988 232Cr + 3x Quantum Processor

thanks
Are you running a vanilla or mod? And what mission type?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 26. Jun 23, 20:03

There might be a much larger exploit, haven't tested it yet though:
Place HQ in some NPC system with many stations.
fill it with 30 Quantum Processors, AND RESTRICT its storage for these to 30!!!
Place some cheap ships in the stations and regular check the local WARE EXCHANGE trade offers of the stations for quantum processors.
As there is as much supply as demand (you restricted the storage) they should generate sell offers.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2AA728238/
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 11:47

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Mon, 26. Jun 23, 20:03
There might be a much larger exploit, haven't tested it yet though:
Place HQ in some NPC system with many stations.
Place some cheap ships in the stations and regular check the local WARE EXCHANGE trade offers of the stations for quantum processors.
As there is as much supply as demand (you restricted the storage) they should generate sell offers.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2AA728238/
Sadly I don't have the supply to try this, have you tested it with anything else? I do have a few focus crystals left, what about with jump beacons or the temporary ones?
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 15:42

Focus crystals should work just the same way.
My X3 Mods

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 19:37

Does it have to be the HQ? I'd rather use a Trade Dock instead if possible.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 23:14

Sadly this did not work for me. But I only have 2 focus crystals anyway. Tried in Homily of Perpetuity. The one thing I did notice is that all stations wanted to purchase 1, which obviously I wont sell any.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 23:24

Has to be the HQ a Trade dock can store 60000 processors, that does only create buy offers you need to restrict it to the amount you have.
My X3 Mods

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 23:33

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Tue, 27. Jun 23, 23:24
Has to be the HQ a Trade dock can store 60000 processors, that does only create buy offers you need to restrict it to the amount you have.
I tested it with Nividium which has a limit of 18. I'll have to wait a while to recheck when the system resets itself. It was unaffected. Only buy orders of 1's, and very rarely.

I had buy orders of 600 to 1800 appearing in Dark Waters at one point. How is that affected? And I do mean for selling to the merchants.
(Keeping myself busy at PHQ can't be moved atm.)
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 20:00

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Tue, 27. Jun 23, 23:24
I'm gonna be moving my HQ to Profit Center Alpha to test this today. Just waiting on production to finish on a Guppy.

Before I do this, which settings did you use at the HQ?

Resource or Product?

I only have 2 focus crystals to test this with, but if it works, I am going to recycle my Spitfyre to get the processors back and try it on those.

Edit: Confirmed in version 1.3
Worked with Focus Crystals.
Set as product with min and max set to amount I had. Result under barter- 2 merchants had 3 focus crystals for sale at Teladi Trading Station
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 21:54

Tested it on a scripted HQ too, works just fine.
Once you exploited in your 60000 you can switch to an EQ.
My X3 Mods

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 3. Jul 23, 00:17

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Sat, 1. Jul 23, 21:54
Tested it on a scripted HQ too, works just fine.
Once you exploited in your 60000 you can switch to an EQ.
Sadly, this only seems to work on the Focus Crystals and Quantum Processors. (I can live with that.) I tried a few other items like the Jump Beacon (and temp one), but didn't work. Not on rare or otherwise weapons/ammo either.

It also seems to have a range outside the PHQ system as well. So far I found it 3 jumps away. So I don't know if it's limited to the local region, or 3 jumps.

Test Sector: Profit Center Alpha
Found as far away as Scale Plate Green. Nothing in Nyana's Hideout, couldn't test in Split as "Docking Denied". 2 red bars for my rep with them. :twisted:

For now, building a fleet of Spitfires and Deca's. And a few Fighters now that I can just make the Beta Kyons. (Still don't know why they included the Gamma Kyon - unless I am missing something. :gruebel: ) :D

If you happen to figure out or know a way to manipulate selling to the barter merchants, let me know that one too. :D I'm hoping to find sizeable requests for Nividium. At the start of my playthrough I found several good size orders in Dark Waters. They have since dried up, and in day 75 I have not seen one in a long time over 1 unit requests. :roll:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 3. Jul 23, 06:26

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 3. Jul 23, 00:17
I tried a few other items like the Jump Beacon (and temp one), but didn't work. Not on rare or otherwise weapons/ammo either.
You know you can duplicate/multiply any item you have with CheatEngine (if you are realy that desperate)?
Last edited by DanKara on Wed, 5. Jul 23, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 3. Jul 23, 23:14

DanKara wrote:
Mon, 3. Jul 23, 06:26
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 3. Jul 23, 00:17
I tried a few other items like the Jump Beacon (and temp one), but didn't work. Not on rare or otherwise weapons/ammo either.
You know you can duplicate/multiply any item you have with CheatEnginge (if you are realy that desperate)?
Lol, I'll use an exploit. But I like not having the modified tag. So no cheat engine for me. But thanks for the suggestion. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 3. Jul 23, 23:59

There seams to be some jump range involved I have my Headquarters in the Hub, and reconnected it to 3 Worlds, and got the offers there as the result.

PS gamma Kyon -> goner TLS
My X3 Mods

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 4. Jul 23, 01:47

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Mon, 3. Jul 23, 23:59

PS gamma Kyon -> goner TLS
Sadly, thats a confirmed nope.

It can equip every except - ire, tractor/mobile mining, and any of the kyon weapons.
I'm not gonna rack my brain on it. :D My TLS pull permanent duty at my Aran anyway. All 6 I made so far. And it's not like the PBC, TBC, or PALC aren't on par with it.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 8. Jul 23, 10:58

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Mon, 26. Jun 23, 20:03
Could you, please, clarify this idea a bit? If we have something with the type 'storage' we neither offer it nor ask for it, don't we? I noticed when I have it as 'storage' then merchants may want to buy it and it's understandable, because they know I have it. But when I restrict the maximum to the same value I already have, it should mean I don't need more. But they unexpectedly start to offer it to me after that. The logic behind isn't clear for me.

Meantime, it may be not a bug at all. It may work as it should, although it's still not clear yet.

P.S. Btw, it's possible to get Quantum Processors back, performing Recycle operation on HQ. Of course, it's better to have the blueprint for that ship. For example, if you have spent all QP you got and you have Springblossom blueprint, then you can recycle it and get all re resources back. After that it's possible to build another ship or Springblossom again.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 8. Jul 23, 12:24

These offers are based on the existing economy. They should look realistic.
It doesn't make much sense to put a trader offering energy cell into an area completely without any energy, but one that asks for them.
1. Offers only generate if stations trade the wares.
2. The balance between buy and sell offers is based on the stock level of the economy, if there are much energy cells compared to their storage mostly sell offers appear (even if there is no SPP anywhere nearby) else it will be buy offers.
3. For Quantum Processors now there is only one station trading them, and all available storage is filled to the brim, so sell offers appear like mushrooms.
My X3 Mods

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 10. Jul 23, 04:41

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 8. Jul 23, 10:58

Could you, please, clarify this idea a bit? If we have something with the type 'storage' we neither offer it nor ask for it, don't we? I noticed when I have it as 'storage' then merchants may want to buy it and it's understandable, because they know I have it. But when I restrict the maximum to the same value I already have, it should mean I don't need more. But they unexpectedly start to offer it to me after that. The logic behind isn't clear for me.

Meantime, it may be not a bug at all. It may work as it should, although it's still not clear yet.

P.S. Btw, it's possible to get Quantum Processors back, performing Recycle operation on HQ. Of course, it's better to have the blueprint for that ship. For example, if you have spent all QP you got and you have Springblossom blueprint, then you can recycle it and get all re resources back. After that it's possible to build another ship or Springblossom again.
Transfer quantum processors and focus crystals into the PHQ. Set the type of ware as "Product". AI Trades shouldn't buy, or be able to buy due to the restrictions.

When setting the minimum and maximum quantity to hold(don't sell below) or allow(don't accept more than), set both values to the amount you actually have. Then start checking the barter merchants(all npc/AI stations) within a 3 jump radius. You will start seeing Focus Crystals and Quantum Processors for sale. You can even activate the best buy / best selling price locators. This should confirm it for you.

Available amounts from the merchants should range from 2x to 3x the amount you have. And it will adjust as you add more.

I uploaded a quick video showing the setup for this on youtube.
Let me know if this helps....
https://youtu.be/tJAAWxwN7-4
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Mon, 10. Jul 23, 08:18

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 10. Jul 23, 04:41
I uploaded a quick video showing the setup for this on youtube.
Let me know if this helps....
https://youtu.be/tJAAWxwN7-4
Thanks, seems it works both with the product and the storage types. I just wanted to know what is the logic behind, but now it looks more clear. So, if a market has enough of some goods, then the traders would more likely try to sell it. And now I think it isn't really a bug, but something that was overlooked. The QP and FC have to be a special kind of goods and don't appear on the market in such volumes. But I'd like idea to get more of them from time to time.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”