How to board RRF

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

micha_x3

How to board RRF

Post by micha_x3 » Mon, 19. Jun 23, 16:38

Hello,
i found a RRF with a jump beacon, so i want to board it. but every time, when the shields are low the RRF ship jumps away. So i thought let it jump a few times unitl it has no energycells left. i installed a sat-network into all sectors around. so i let it jump and followed him some time until it has only 29 engerycells left. A M2 ship cant jump with 29 energycells, but.... it jumps away again and this time not into neighbor sectors. i installed sats into many from the paranid sectors, but the ship is disappeared. i tried it some times. tried to damage the jumpdrive with ion-disrupter before it jumps. no chance. so my question is, how i can board a RRF? Or is it any other way to get a jump beacon?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: How to board RRF

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 19:16

The RRF's jump ability is scripted, it cannot be neutralized. RRF ships can be captured, the key is to be brutal. Hit the ship with one missile volley that not only knocks down its shields, but bites into the hull as well. That will give your marines enough time to get inside the hull even if the ship jumps away, hopefully.
To keep track of where the ship jumps to, put it on your monitor. Select the ship and on its Info menu, choose the left or right monitor at the bottom of the menu. After the ship jumps away, you can still click on its icon in the monitor and call up its Info window to find its current location and go chase it.
Finally, everything M7 and bigger uses only 20 cells to jump, not 30.

micha_x3

Post by micha_x3 » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 15:40

ok thank u for ur help. nice tip with the monitor. never used it.
it sucks that this is scripted. i meant with jump, jump into other sector, yes u can jump with 20 cells into same sector.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 16:07

One more thing, you can also track the boarding target via the Property Menu that displays all your assets. On the Personnel tab, marines engaged in an active boarding operation will be at the top of the listing. Since that includes the location, it gets you to the right sector, at least. You might still need the monitor to get the exact location of the target if it isn't within sensor range when you arrive.
I hope you're using maxed marines for the task. RRF ships are loaded with rough marines. It's almost as bad as boarding Xenon ships now. Especially since they almost always have Cargo Bay Shielding now and you can't even zap the marines away anymore.
If, by some chance, you happen to find the RRF ship with the beacon lacking CBS, just steal it with the Cargo Bay Hacker.

micha_x3

Post by micha_x3 » Thu, 22. Jun 23, 10:24

yeah that i can remember from ap. its like the xenon capitals. i need to refill the maines when some dies, so that i have always 20 marines at boarding. but thank u a lot for ur help :)

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 24. Jun 23, 07:45

Just to be sure you know, capitals (M1 and M2) take 25 marines in FL, not 20 as in AP.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 07:25

Isn't there a cool down on the jump before it uses it again? As long as you know where it jumped to, you should be able to chase it by jumping right after.

If all you want is a JB, you can get them from the Xenon I's as well. Those won't jump away, just expect heavy losses in the process. I finally got one for myself that way.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

micha_x3

Post by micha_x3 » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 23:17

Jimmy C wrote:
Sat, 24. Jun 23, 07:45
Just to be sure you know, capitals (M1 and M2) take 25 marines in FL, not 20 as in AP.
yeah and u can send one more for boarding. so 26 marines on mission for the capitals :)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”