Build Command Software Mk3 - Beyond Frustrated

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Build Command Software Mk3 - Beyond Frustrated

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 12. Aug 23, 23:51

Complaint on Build Command Software Mk3 function.
So I like the way this package drops the stations, but I do not like the fact that it will not always use the Complex Construction Kit "ALREADY" in the cargo hold. It will instead pick one randomly, fly and buy it, and not give me the option to use the one I already bought.

Example:

Trying to place Boron stations- Tempest Missile Factory, Cyclone Missile Factory and Flail Barrage Missile Factory in
Spoiler
Show
Nathan's Voyage (beta)
. Purchased the complex with the other 3 factories.
Also having the exact same problem trying to place a complex for Bio Gas / Bofu Chemical Lab in the same system.

The TL's are only accepting the Teladi Complex Construction Kit.

I'm running vanilla - un modified.

I'm not going to install an un-official patch that marks my game as modified. That being said is there any work-around to this?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Hwitvlf

Re: Build Command Software Mk3 - Beyond Frustrated

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 04:38

I have had the same problem (I think), but it seems to be targeting the closest shipyard, not the Teladi specifically. For me, the closest shipyard was an enemy (Split) so the TL would idle with 'notoriety too low'. Maybe it would work if you dropped the Construction Kit at the HQ. MK3 seems to give precedence to HQ stock before trying to buy anything.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 10:03

Hwitvlf wrote:
Mon, 14. Aug 23, 04:38
I have had the same problem (I think), but it seems to be targeting the closest shipyard, not the Teladi specifically. For me, the closest shipyard was an enemy (Split) so the TL would idle with 'notoriety too low'. Maybe it would work if you dropped the Construction Kit at the HQ. MK3 seems to give precedence to HQ stock before trying to buy anything.
Only roadblock for that possibility for me, is the place I am trying to build is Nathan's Voyage. The TL is jumping and flying to PTNI Headquarters to get what it wants from the NMMC Shipyard. Bypassing Omicron Lyrae and Grand Exchange. At the same time though, I don't think the pathing used by the games programming is doing it right. So that does put that into question maybe? Point in example, bought Perseus Vanguards in Cardinals Domain (also closer than PTNI with Nathan's Voyage) and sent them using fly to command to Wastelands.

Attempted Path: Cardinals Domain Alpha - WG to Cardinals Domain beta - SG to Friars Retreat - Pontifex Seclusion - Sacred Relic - Interworlds - Wastelands
Direct Route (Ignored) - Cardinals Domain Alpha - Cardinals Domain epsilon - Sacred Relic - Interworlds - Wastelands :rant:

How does crossing 6 secotrs win out against 4 sectors? :gruebel:

Hmmm... :gruebel: :idea: I am going to try that last suggestion of yours. I'll let you know if it worked.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 16. Aug 23, 02:14

Hwitvlf wrote:
Mon, 14. Aug 23, 04:38
Yea, the second one I sent out from the same sector, went to Ceo's Sprite to get what it needed. So I think range to shipyard is definitely not a factor in where it chooses to go and get it from. It will use the one in it's cargo hold if it's the one it decides it wants to use, but other than that I give up BCS Mk3. It's a great idea, but is broken like some other aspects of the game.

On a side note, adding to existing complex works just fine. Guess one could place the complex then add other stuff to it. I like how tight everything is placed. Excellent job with that part.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”