Emergency Jump Pathing

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

OrionTaltos
x4

Emergency Jump Pathing

Post by OrionTaltos » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 23:25

Does anyone have a reference on the emergency jump location logic? I haven't been able to find how target locations are determined from searching, but I'm sure it has been discussed.

I can tell it's non-random. Because certain locations retreat to the same places. Not exactly referencing what is contained in the sector like what the player has.

Traders appear to go back up their path, but I'm not certain there.
Spoiler
Show
The hub is most easily measured for me as most often that is a place non-traveling defensive ships retreat from. Always through my Cloudbase Southwest / Emperor Mines link to go to Paranid Prime Delta. That is my Gate 1 pair with Emperor Mines being 'south'. A 4 gate jump, but the TOAs could mess with the math.

Harmony of Perpetuity is also a consistent retreat position with a jump to Treasure Chest and that's a 3 gate jump (Hub is in the path). The Hub being there seems like it should go to Emperor Mines if it was using the same pathing.
Arrow + Auto-Pillok + SETA = White Knuckle Terror

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Emergency Jump Pathing

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 23:53

The emergency jump will always favour thier home sector if they have one and its in range.

Thry will also favour jump beacons over gates as there's no queuing so they can jump faster.

They also check for quieter sectors to reduce queuing time.

Beyond that it's just random within a few jumps of where they are

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Tue, 19. Sep 23, 03:02

Awesome, thanks!

So by homebasing them in another sector, I can encourage them to use that if it's in range.

I'll have to remember the beacon detail for myself as well as moving multiple ships quicklike.
Arrow + Auto-Pillok + SETA = White Knuckle Terror

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 17. Oct 23, 05:43

OrionTaltos wrote:
Tue, 19. Sep 23, 03:02
Awesome, thanks!

So by homebasing them in another sector, I can encourage them to use that if it's in range.

I'll have to remember the beacon detail for myself as well as moving multiple ships quicklike.
That function will do some funny things at times. Sometimes a ship will jump out, then right back in. Traders, Merchants, Combat ships; it happens to them all. If you ever start losing track, and need to be able to find certain ones, favorite it so you can find it quickly on the property menu. Then you can stop it before it jumps back(unless its managed).
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”