Drone miners not offloading?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Drone miners not offloading?

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 7. Nov 23, 05:27

I've got a Teladi Cormorant carrying out drone mining in Seizewell because of all the rocks there set to "mobile mining with drones". The drones do that, only instead of dropping off their silicon/ore in the Cormorant once they are full, they just dock and do nothing. I have to manually transfer the resources to the carrier, at which point the drones then take off to resume gathering. What am I missing that's causing them to only dock and not offload their cargo?

vincele

Re: Drone miners not offloading?

Post by vincele » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 10:11

Hello,
I think I'm in the same boat.

I got my drones by buying a cormorant to get the blueprint and immediately selling the ship back (low on funds) to the teladi SY.

BTW, I should have kept the 4 drones before reselling the ship as they got destroyed instead of being refunded...

Then started building some mining drones at the PHQ and docked them at a kariudo "borrowed" from my yaki friends.

Jumped the M7D to seizewell alpha and started the command to mine with drones. They went off and gathered some stuff (ore, SW and nividium). after a while they went back docking to the carrier and sat there, not emptying their cargo, I had to do it manually...

Should I wait more time for the unloading to happen or is this a bug ?

EDIT:

M7D additional equipment:

JD, Nav MK1, Special command MK1, trade MK1 & MK2, Trading S.E., transporter device.

If I empty them manually, they restart the gathering properly...

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 19:03

You actually got credits for those drones so no worries there. Remaining equipment and docked ships are included in the sale price at a shipyard. You only have to worry if you leave Marines on board, or stuff at your PHQ for RE or recycle. And if your using Cycrows unofficial patch, I believe he took care of that where it strips it now.

We've got a comprehensive list on making money off Nividium if your low on funds and interested.

Best starting sectors for it:
Spoiler
Show
The Void; Alpha, Zeta and Eta
Holy Vision; Alpha and Epsilon
Best sectors for a mining fleet:
Spoiler
Show
Unclaimed Sector (West Gate off Xenon Sector 534, "North of Getsu Fune")
Perpetual Sin
Map for you: https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/universe/

Solo Operation:
Any mining ship will do. Best with something like an Athena, Consus or Mining Owl.

Fleet Operation:
10 of any of the above. Use automate function. Need mining software for it.
1 Ozias as a carrier for the group.
It has room for 2 more ships. I keep one for running and 1 as a energy cell ship. Leave the cargo for the Ozias to clean out the miners from time to time.

Selling Nividium:
2 options
- Leave it all at PHQ and sell for 1 less than average. Traders will show up and buy it enmasse.
- Leave about 3 to 4k in PHQ, and sell the rest via Barter. You will get max price this way. You will see the buy orders appear at NPC stations within 3 jumps of the PHQ.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

vincele

Post by vincele » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 21:11

OK, thanks for the info wrt the drone reselling / refund. I was not sure, as I did not check it up properly and only saw the "Your ship has been destroyed" log message later, and wasn't willing to reload from an old save.

I already read a lot of the other tutorials and howtos about mobile mining, I even got blueprints for miner versions of some ships.

But I had those kariudos taking dock ports in my PHQ and I wanted to test the M7D mobile mining thing...

BTW, I'm selling the nividium through the HUB (alongside a lot of fuel and weed I get from the black market).

I RE'ed an atreus drone and put 10 on another kariudo, this is working nicely to repair the captured and 2nd hand ships I get.

So I thought M7D drone mobile mining would also be nice to do.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 28. Nov 23, 09:53

The armored transports are great for selling as well. Or keeping when you need them.

If you see a ship for sale at half hull, those are really good buys. Especially for repairing and re-selling to a shipyard. You can make bank that way.

A Consus for example, at about half hull should cost you about 1.5 million. Once you repair it, should fetch about 6 million at the shipyard. All the others as well. I started my game by hitting Duke's, and getting bails from those (Athena's). Then fix and re-sell. The ones with expanded cargo-bays, fetch even more.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

vincele

Post by vincele » Wed, 29. Nov 23, 12:30

Anyone got mobile mining with drones from a M7D working ?
Additionnal extensions on the drone carrier ?
Did you do something special ?
Are the drones properly unloading ?

I would really like to get this working...

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 15. Dec 23, 03:55

I should have said that this Cormorant isn't the original one that I bought but one that I built after reverse-engineering, the mining drones which I built more of were temporarily housed in another M7D before being transferred back when the ship had been rebuilt.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”