Help! Trying to Claim HQ in Sandbox/Custom game returns me to main menu instead

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Edelweissjx

Help! Trying to Claim HQ in Sandbox/Custom game returns me to main menu instead

Post by Edelweissjx » Sat, 25. Nov 23, 18:02

So I started a Custom Start in Heretic's End with an Enhanced Elite as a Terran pilot (wanted to simulate being one of the last spies the Terrans sent into the X Universe in a captured Argon ship) and set the HQ to be 'Findable'.
I found it, in Holy Vision Alpha (didn't move far at all!) and landed, hit the claim button...and got sent back to the game's main menu. Reloaded the autosave after landing, it did the same thing. What gives? I'd really, really rather not play through a whole game with no PHQ. I've yet to find a connection to the Xenon Hub as well but I am dreading the same outcome there. Are there any scripts to manually takeover these stations? Is there an issue in the default script when I press claim? Any help would be appreciated.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Help! Trying to Claim HQ in Sandbox/Custom game returns me to main menu instead

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 25. Nov 23, 20:43

It's not an issue I've seen before. Nit sure exactly what would be causing it to crash.

You can try and verify your install to make sure there are no missing/corrupt files.

A script to claim the HQ would be relatively simple.

If you jave a save game before claiming I can check to see if it happen to me as well

vincele

Re: Help! Trying to Claim HQ in Sandbox/Custom game returns me to main menu instead

Post by vincele » Wed, 29. Nov 23, 13:23

Hello,

Be careful, abuse of this is game-fun-breaking...

Maybe this would be better in the script/modding sub-forum...
@MODs WDYT?

the script should look like this
Spoiler
Show
[THIS] -> set owner race to Player
return null
To create that script, do the following:
Spoiler
Show
- enter the script editor (menu: Player / Advanced / Global Commands / Script Editor / Script Editor)
- select "<New Script>"
- give it a name
- select "<New Line>"
- select "All Commands"
- press SHIFT+F to start searching
- type "owner race"
- select the second item "<RefObj>set owner race to <Var/Race>"
- select the "THIS" entry from the Constants list

You get back to the script editor line mode with the "<?>" highlighted in red

- press the ENTER key
- select the "Select Race" entry from Script Input list (the bottomest one)
- select your player name (it has "(Player)" appended at the end)

That should give you the script as shown above.

- press the ESCAPE key, you will get a menu
- choose save

You get back to the script list

- select your script
- press the "r" key to run it

You'll be asked for a "Script Input"

- choose "Select ship or Station"

It will open the Universe Map

- select something

You get back to the "Execute Command Script" window

- Press the ENTER key

It is yours now...

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 08:35

Edelweissjx wrote:
Sat, 25. Nov 23, 18:02
So I started a Custom Start in Heretic's End with an Enhanced Elite as a Terran pilot (wanted to simulate being one of the last spies the Terrans sent into the X Universe in a captured Argon ship) and set the HQ to be 'Findable'.
I found it, in Holy Vision Alpha (didn't move far at all!) and landed, hit the claim button...and got sent back to the game's main menu. Reloaded the autosave after landing, it did the same thing. What gives? I'd really, really rather not play through a whole game with no PHQ. I've yet to find a connection to the Xenon Hub as well but I am dreading the same outcome there. Are there any scripts to manually takeover these stations? Is there an issue in the default script when I press claim? Any help would be appreciated.
I've made this a simple script for you.

It goes in the following directory on your "if windows" computer-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon2\scripts
If you copy and paste that into the address bar of your folder it should open right up. Make sure the copy and paste doesn't add a space at the end. Windows is annoying like that sometimes.

Here is the link to the script in my google drive -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/158Oi5k ... sp=sharing

When you open it, you'll have 4 icons at the top right. "Ignore the preview. Google is annoying sometimes." An arrow pointing down at a line is your download button. Click it and it should download to your downloads folder. Unless you've changed it of course.

To actually open the script editor in game(if you've never done so)...

Press P > Goto: Advance > Change Name (m key)
Change your name to > Thereshallbewings
Your player name won't actually change if entered correctly.

Please note my caps, no spaces, exact syntax. When you hit enter, you will hear tones. And followed by incoming message "if not already on modified game".

Follow previous instructions to enter the editor, or try hitting shift + C for your ships command console, then type S. It'll do a scrolling text the first time it's activated.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 08:49

vincele wrote:
Wed, 29. Nov 23, 13:23
Hello,

Be careful, abuse of this is game-fun-breaking...

Maybe this would be better in the script/modding sub-forum...
@MODs WDYT?
That works on sectors too. LOL!!! I took control of Omicron Lyrae Alpha. :lol: Someone should tell those Argon caps to git out. :lol:

Just for fun.... :D
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 19:12

Sounds like an autonomous script that destructs and replaces the HQ killing the player in the process.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”