Regaining Rep from being an Enemy

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Betheball
x3ap

Regaining Rep from being an Enemy

Post by Betheball » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 05:44

So, I'm pretty far into the game with 2 X 50 plus complexes spitting out missiles, shields and other things making me money. However, I have now just realised I need Rastar Oil from the Split to make ships and the gates. I'm currently the worst enemy of the split and can't get access to the Rastar Oil factories to build or trade with.

I've spent ages trying to find pirates,Xenon to kill in the Split border sectors and looked for Split missions.... I can't find any or at least not enough to improve my standing with them.

Any ideas to increase rep, or gain the factory blue prints? I tried agents, but none have access to the Split.

Thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Regaining Rep from being an Enemy

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 11:49

Using Diplomacy will be best.

If you can't target Split it means you don't have enough influence. Just send an agent to a Split trading port to gather influence then you should be able to steal the blueprints from a Split shipyard. It will take multiple attempts to get it so you may need several agents.

You can also use your agent to gain rep with them too, although this could harm your other reps

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 21:26

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 13. Dec 23, 11:49
Using Diplomacy will be best.

If you can't target Split it means you don't have enough influence. Just send an agent to a Split trading port to gather influence then you should be able to steal the blueprints from a Split shipyard. It will take multiple attempts to get it so you may need several agents.

You can also use your agent to gain rep with them too, although this could harm your other reps
Sorry but; could is the understatement of the year on this topic. :lol: Sorry I had to say it. :P

There are 2(3 actually) other ways to acquire Rastar Oil.

1. You can recycle ships you've boarded / captured. The bigger the better and more you'll get.
2. Barter System. This one is a crapshoot, because sometimes the merchants won't trade with you. But it is an option. Try to be within 3 sectors of locations that deal with Rastar Oil. The supply / demand completely affects its availability and price.
3. This is least likely to pan out, but you can try setting a high purchase price for it. In my game at least, I can't get any hostile (save Strong Arms) to trade with my stations when they are at 2 red bars. Though Split seem to show up for Nividium when I sell it. OTAS is currently 2 red with me, they show up and then leave sector changing the destination station after arriving in system with it. (A Solar Power Plant was there intended destination.)
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 21:28

Betheball wrote:
Wed, 13. Dec 23, 05:44
So, I'm pretty far into the game with 2 X 50 plus complexes spitting out missiles, shields and other things making me money. However, I have now just realised I need Rastar Oil from the Split to make ships and the gates. I'm currently the worst enemy of the split and can't get access to the Rastar Oil factories to build or trade with.

I've spent ages trying to find pirates,Xenon to kill in the Split border sectors and looked for Split missions.... I can't find any or at least not enough to improve my standing with them.

Any ideas to increase rep, or gain the factory blue prints? I tried agents, but none have access to the Split.

Thanks
Rep aside do you have any aggression modifiers? That will push the rep needed beyond what you can attain.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Thu, 14. Dec 23, 03:27

Do you just want some Raster Oil for your HQ? You can get raster oil from some non-split trading stations, you just need to look around. Also, check bartering in every station you dock, you will get lucky eventually.

For a permanent solution, you need a Raster oil and chelt space aquarium stations. Three ways to get them.

1. Raise split relation enough that you can buy them from a split shipyard. Using spies is probably the quickest way.
2. Use spies to steal the blueprints. Probably take around six to eight spies to steal the two stations. Sounds like your best bet if you only need the Split for the two factories.
3. Buy the blueprint using discovery points. Query every dock until you get lucky - twice - could take a while.

I think one large Raster oil and chelt space aquarium factory is all you need to keep the HQ supplied at full production. Honestly getting a few spies for the Raster oil is much easier than the hundred or so chip plants you need.

Betheball
x3ap

Post by Betheball » Fri, 15. Dec 23, 11:32

Thanks all for the suggestions. I didn't understand the influence side of agents which is why I couldn't do anything with them. I'm now getting as many agents through missions and sending them in for Split influence and then stealing missions for the two factories. So far two stealing missions have failed, but will keep trying 👍

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 08:38

Betheball wrote:
Fri, 15. Dec 23, 11:32
Thanks all for the suggestions. I didn't understand the influence side of agents which is why I couldn't do anything with them. I'm now getting as many agents through missions and sending them in for Split influence and then stealing missions for the two factories. So far two stealing missions have failed, but will keep trying 👍
I think the most it ever took me to get one through agent theft is like 9 or 10 tries. The success chance goes up with each try. Just like the negotiate purchase. It just doesn't show you the chance percentage. :D

Good luck! :mrgreen:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”