:X3: Online Complex Calculator version 2.5.5

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 22:13

Hmmm, I didn't read through the whole thread so if it's there I didn't read it. But... is there a suggested station set up for the Hub Plot? I just started this nightmare of a plot and was wondering :lol:

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 23:20

BanzaiBlitz wrote:Excellent tool.

However, it doesn't account for C-rations or water use or ice roids in the complex tool, among a few other things.

Is the OP still updating?
RL preemption, but yes, an updating is coming.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 08:52

Made some minor updates, but they were a long time coming. Water Purification Plant is added, but there's not much point to it, as no player factories use water. I double-checked the Terran factories sold to/made by the player, and none of them use C-Rations either. BanzaiBlitz seems to think they do, so maybe I'm missing something.

Terran SPPs were strangely missing-I know they were they at some point, and there are there again.

And for the first time ever, I've included a *mod* related factory, the Anarkis Crystal Free SPP made by SerialKicked. I'd like to add additional mod-related factories, so post your requests, and include a link to the mod-related forum thread.
8^)

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 00:09

Just updated to the lastest version and wanted to say thanks, em3e3. I've used this OCCC for years and hope it's still around for Rebirth.

This is my current vision of An "I Win" Complex .

I'd like to request a bug-fix. It's not a problem really, but the sector select box doesn't account for multiple 'roids with equal yields in the aggregate yield specs. (eg: Antigone Memorial has two 90 yield ore 'roids & two 61 yield silicon 'roids but aggregate specs are 142 & 93.)
Also maybe correct the prices for CIGs.

Once again, thanks for saving me a lot of work. I'd hate to build a plex without this tool.
This is only a virtual reality.

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 09:51

patient zero wrote:I'd like to request a bug-fix. It's not a problem really, but the sector select box doesn't account for multiple 'roids with equal yields in the aggregate yield specs. (eg: Antigone Memorial has two 90 yield ore 'roids & two 61 yield silicon 'roids but aggregate specs are 142 & 93.)
sorry for digging this up, but I just had the exact same problem/confusion, and after looking into it this isn't actually a bug (as near as I can tell) - I have three L 64 ore mines complexed in the Unknown Sector east of Zyarth's Dominion, which produce exactly 30 ore a minute each for a total of 90, and the calculator correctly shows 5400 total an hour.

I *also* have both those Antigone mines set up (also as Ls, but not yet complexed), which I thought should produce the exact same amount - but they actually produce 45 ore every one minute and three seconds (according to the in-game info screen); this slight increase in cycle time for higher yield asteroids (?) is where I suspect the discrepancy comes from.

edit: on rereading, you're actually talking about something else, but never mind...

patient zero wrote:Once again, thanks for saving me a lot of work. I'd hate to build a plex without this tool.
ditto!

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 18:44

Hmm, interesting difference. Probably a slight rounding error. I'll check it out!

Total sector yields and ware prices should be updated soon as well.
8^)

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 00:29

em3e3 wrote:Hmm, interesting difference. Probably a slight rounding error. I'll check it out!

I'm saying the calculator is CORRECT - I just never realised that the higher yield asteroids had a longer cycle time, meaning it's slightly more efficient to choose a bunch of medium-yield asteroids than a couple of very high yield ones.

here's the math, as I understand it (3600 is the number of seconds in an hour):

3 x 64 yield asteroids (90 ore/60s = 1.5/s) * 3600s = 5400 an hour

2 x 90 yield asteroids (90 ore/63s = ~1.43/s) * 3600s = 5142.86 an hour, which is the exact figure given by the calculator.

so, basically, I thought there was a bug but then I learned something new... which is a fairly common X experience.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 01:02

infy dev wrote:
em3e3 wrote:Hmm, interesting difference. Probably a slight rounding error. I'll check it out!

I'm saying the calculator is CORRECT - I just never realised that the higher yield asteroids had a longer cycle time, meaning it's slightly more efficient to choose a bunch of medium-yield asteroids than a couple of very high yield ones.
<<snip>>
so, basically, I thought there was a bug but then I learned something new... which is a fairly common X experience.
Sorry, I took it to mean that the calculator was off by 3 seconds for the AM mines. Thanks goes to jlehtone for the fine formula. (The source of the formula probably goes back farther, but his is the first for X3). Basically, 30 x 3 > 90 x 1, because the formula used to calculate production adds '1' to the asteroid yield value. So it ends up 30 x 3 ≈ 93

Edit: added support for 450% sector solar output, based on a thread I dug up.
8^)

thundy
x3ap

Post by thundy » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 21:20

Does this work with AP in all respects please? :)

I'm looking at the latest TC version :)
Hi

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 22:52

thundy wrote:Does this work with AP in all respects please? :)

Soon, soon. :)
8^)

Olorin35
x3tc

Post by Olorin35 » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 22:54

It does, but it doesn't appear to work with all versions of IE (at least the ones I'm using seem to have a problem assigning 'roid values for mines, and not producing the usage/produce calculations at the bottom).

Works fine in Chrome though (and probably Firefox as well).

Dave500
x3tc

Post by Dave500 » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 23:31

Dont rely on the figures that apply for TC factories to be the same as AP ones. I am a nooB AP player and have only built 1 ore mine as yet, but it has a different production rate to the same yield mine in TC:-

Ore mine L on a 26 yield 'roid in TC = 15 in 69 seconds
Ore mine L on a 26 yield 'roid in AP = 15 in 72 seconds

both mines were bought from the split.

The Great Stonk
x3tc

Post by The Great Stonk » Mon, 6. Feb 12, 21:31

Olorin35 wrote:

It does, but it doesn't appear to work with all versions of IE (at least the ones I'm using seem to have a problem assigning 'roid values for mines, and not producing the usage/produce calculations at the bottom).

Works fine in Chrome though (and probably Firefox as well).
same here, roid yields not working in IE 9

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 08:06

I have a tentative version available, http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3apocc.html

I don't use IE9, so I'll have to locate a copy to test with.

@Dave500 - not surprising that ES tweaked things. Which version are you running?
8^)

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 16:34

Dave500 wrote:Dont rely on the figures that apply for TC factories to be the same as AP ones. I am a nooB AP player and have only built 1 ore mine as yet, but it has a different production rate to the same yield mine in TC:-

Ore mine L on a 26 yield 'roid in TC = 15 in 69 seconds
Ore mine L on a 26 yield 'roid in AP = 15 in 72 seconds

both mines were bought from the split.
Sorry, but I just tested it, and AP numbers are the same as TC:

OM L on 25 yield, AP = 15 in 72 seconds
OM L on 26 yield, AP = 15 in 69 seconds
OM L on 90 yield, AP = 45 in 63 seconds

Did you use a 25 yield asteroid in AP per chance?
8^)

Dave500
x3tc

Post by Dave500 » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 18:40

:oops: I just checked the yield of the asteroid I took that figure from, yes it's, ahem, 25. I must have wrote it down incorrectly. :oops: (Okay, nothing to see here, move along, move along!)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sun, 29. Apr 12, 21:59

Just a question regarding the output of resources. The produced column, is that total wares produced or per hour? I need to know before I jump in and waste 1 billion :lol:

Thanks, Flames.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Sun, 29. Apr 12, 22:48

if i am correct its the total amount made in 1 hour.

if it shows 100 microchips your complex will make you 100 microchips in a 1 hour period (as long as you have the resources obviously)
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sun, 29. Apr 12, 23:41

Thank you, and what do you know, its Microchips that I was concerned for ;)
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Kadsc
x3ap

Post by Kadsc » Sat, 12. May 12, 23:53

this is very helpful but is there no sector for Zyarths stand?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”