[TC] Starting points v.6.12.413 subtype 69105

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

effep
x3

a question...

Post by effep » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 19:58

I have a question about these alternative starts...
most of the starts have "Storyline Enabled" on them...but what storyline? does each have their own storyline? or does it mean the terran storyline?
ive started a few of them and do see that they start out with some special mission, but, other then that starting mission, are they any different in storyline than the other starts?

im assuming that each start simply has a different starting position/ship/money/relations/etc and it gives 1 or 2 missions that otherwise are not available.

but i havent gone long enough to see if the "storyline" is completely different or if you still always do the long terran mission-story-line in all start points?

i really would have a hard time believing that there are so many start points and that each has its own long storyline to it! that would be too much to play!

that being said, is the terran plotline possibly the only LONG plotline? as in continuous missions and an actual storyline that develops the universe while you progress? then the other start points are simply more or less "custom" games however with a special start, and a short mission line to start you off?

ok if im not being so clear, i dont know how else to word it, so...basically, do all start points have full long storylines or how long are they?

it makes it hard to chose which start point to play if they all have fullblown storyline and plot behind each of them...i feel then like i have to actually play them all, or at least 80% of them which are interesting. and thats just too many hours! id be playing this game for 2 more years!

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 20:09

With a couple of exceptions, they all share the same storylines: HUB Plot, Goner Plot, Terran Plot, HQ Plot, Operation Final Fury plot.

There are two that start with extra plot too.

Custom starts have no plots.

effep
x3

Post by effep » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 09:38

ah ya i read another thread here and found out a bit more...

but im still not 100% clear...
im assuming its like this though: that when you have the required relation/rank/whatever, you can start any plotline of any of the mission-storylines no matter which game start you chose (other than of course storyline disabled starts)...
and then the poised paranid and teladi starts each have a plotline that you can only get from doing those starts...
that about sum it up correctly?

that makes things alot clearer and more logical now...in fact thats pretty cool now that i understand it, really open ended.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 11:21

Yup that is right.

M

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 08:30

Elucca wrote:There's a registry trick that should unlock all of them.

Don't do anything you're not sure about in the registry.

1. Go to Start -> Run -> regedit (or on Vista, just write regedit on the start menu's search bar)
2. Search for Egosoft, browse to the X3TC folder.
3. Double click on "GameStarts".
4. Change the value to fffff.

That should do it.
tried this couldn`t sort it out can some one do me a step by step don`t want to muck about in the registry too much.

baric
x4

Post by baric » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 03:58

Okay so you have listed here that the Unholy traitor starts in Family Rhonkar. It keeps starting in Family pride for me which makes it a LONG trip to get out of Split Space. This is a Vanilla new Install of the game as well.

Ok now I get Family Zyarth and just found the post that it is random....5 DiD starts done now lol....this last one the BH showed up almost immediately.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 10:56

vbruzual wrote:Something is wrong with the Lost Lar start. I finished the hub plot (and the HQ), I'm top rank with the borons and still not unlocked. What could be happening?
Sometimes the game appears to miss achievements. You'd need to check the registry key to work out exactly which it thinks you have.
EmperorJon wrote:Unholy Traitor isn't right either. I have not completed the Terran Storyline but I have it unlocked!
The listed reqs are wrong - it's just fight rank and Split rep.
eskeemer wrote:tried this couldn`t sort it out can some one do me a step by step don`t want to muck about in the registry too much.
You don't get much more step-by-step than Elucca's post. What couldn't you do?
baric wrote:Okay so you have listed here that the Unholy traitor starts in Family Rhonkar. It keeps starting in Family pride for me which makes it a LONG trip to get out of Split Space. This is a Vanilla new Install of the game as well.
The starting sector is randomly chosen from a short list:

Code: Select all

<sectors>
  <sector x="15" y="15" /> 
  <sector x="15" y="3" /> 
  <sector x="18" y="5" /> 
  <sector x="7" y="2" /> 
  <sector x="8" y="3" /> 
  <sector x="6" y="4" /> 
</sectors>
Similarly:

Tormented Teladi

<sectors>
- <!--  Sactity of Corruption 
  --> 
  <sector x="17" y="13" /> 
- <!--  Tears of Greed 
  --> 
  <sector x="20" y="7" /> 
- <!--  Aquisition Repository 
  --> 
  <sector x="11" y="9" /> 
</sectors>
Poisoned Paranid

<sectors>
- <!--  Preachers Refuge 
  --> 
  <sector x="4" y="9" /> 
- <!--  Heaven's Assertion 
  --> 
  <sector x="10" y="15" /> 
</sectors>

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 17:06

Carlo the Curious wrote:
eskeemer wrote:tried this couldn`t sort it out can some one do me a step by step don`t want to muck about in the registry too much.
You don't get much more step-by-step than Elucca's post. What couldn't you do?
Tried HKEY_Local_Machine/Software couldn`t find Egosoft folder or X3TC folder I`m not experienced with registry so didn`t want to go too far withut knowing what I`m doing

{tidied up - Carlo}

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 17:20

It's not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but you should have been able to find it by searching for Egosoft from the top level unless there's something odd about your installation.

The full key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EGOSOFT\X3TC.

Also, embedding your reply in the middle of a massive quote isn't a good idea, since it looks like you haven't actually written anything.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 17:12

Hallowed are the Ori, I have updated this
:3

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 17:23

...And the DWORD you're looking for is (surprise, surprise) "GameStarts".

If you wanna be like Painman, then you will adjust the value of this DWORD to (currently) 7ede Hex.

I've reinstalled the game so often of late, that I've memorized that Hex number :oops:

Skumleren
x3tc

Post by Skumleren » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 18:46

I cant quite figure out how this is supposed to work. I am not getting unlocks as a should. I have a trade rank of capitalist and i still havent even gotten the boring boron unlock yet. Is it because i modified my game with other stuff than the official updates?
Only an idiot creates order, a genius controls chaos.

Symplexity

Post by Symplexity » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 14:58

Hi

I have a question about these plots.

With one save game, i just done the terran defender plot, got some rep with different races, started the HUB plot, got a nice trader and fight rank and i have different new start options if i start a new game.

But what im wondering is, can i for example also start one of the other plots with my current save game?

for example continue with the USC Commander plot with my current finished terran defender plot, or do i have to start a new game?

Thanks in advance

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 19:20

All the starts have the same basic 4 plots (except Aldrin adventurer/Custom with no plots). There is no USC Commander plot. The only ones with extra plots are the Poisoned Paranid and Tormented Teladi and they require a restart to play as. The starts are more about what you get to play with, what your rep is at the start than anything else. They are not separate missions for the most part.

M

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 19:47

And note that the "extra plots" in Tormented Teladi and Poisoned Paranid consist of a single mission apiece, both of which just require you to earn a certain amount of money within a time limit--so you're not missing a great deal by not doing them.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Starting points v2.5 PATCHED

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 1. May 09, 17:44

supakillaii wrote:Lost Lar
  • Sector: Xenon Core 023
    Ship: Angel (TP)
    Weapons: None (???)
    Credits: 1,350 Cr
    Prerequisites: Hub plot, Boron Rank "Boron Queens Protectorate"
    Storyline: ENABLED
Lost Lar starting weapons are 2x PAC.
There are also 6x PBE in the hold, but initially they're completely useless since they can't be installed in the ship. Nice bonus though when you finally get to an equipment dock, since they can be sold for about 1.5 million to pay for ship upgrades.
Also, starting cash for the Lost Lar seems to be variable, but tends to be around 12-13k (my game started with 13,067Cr).
Note this was in 2.0, may have been different in earlier versions.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 1. May 09, 17:54

The initial sector and player ship are set in gamestart.xml, but most of the other data for each start is set up in start.xml.

e.g. for Lost Lar:

gamestart.xml

<!-- Lost Lar -->
  <gamestart id="118" name="{1900,2018}" description="{1900,2118}" difficulty="{1900,2218}" image="start09" plot="1" requirements="1280">
    <player name="{1900,2318}" species="{1900,2418}" gender="{1900,2518}" age="{1900,2618}"/>
    <!-- Xenon Sector 695 -->
    <!--currently missing from map-->
    <!--<sector x="21" y="5"/>-->
    <sector x="21" y="6"/>
    <ship typename="SS_SH_B_TP_SPECIAL"/>
  </gamestart>
start.xml

<do_when value="{player.gamestart}" exact="118" comment="Lost Lar">
  <reward_player>
    <money min="12000" max="14000"/>
    <notoriety>
      <relation race="argon" operation="set" exact="hunted"/>
      <relation race="boron" operation="set" exact="shunned"/>
      <relation race="paranid" operation="set" exact="enemy"/>
      <relation race="split" operation="set" exact="foe"/>
      <relation race="teladi" operation="set" exact="neutral+6"/>
      <relation race="goner" operation="set" exact="foe+2"/>
      <relation race="pirate" operation="set" exact="foe"/>
      <relation race="khaak" operation="set" exact="min" mutual="1"/>
      <relation race="xenon" operation="set" exact="min" mutual="1"/>
      <relation race="atf" operation="set" exact="{lookup.notoriety@notop1}"/>
      <relation race="terran" operation="set" exact="foe" mutual="1"/>
      <relation race="yaki" operation="set" exact="foe" mutual="1"/>
    </notoriety>
    <equipment>
      <ware typename="SS_SHIELD_C" exact="2"/>
      <ware typename="SS_LASER_PBE" exact="6"/>
      <ware typename="SS_LASER_PAC" exact="2"/>
      <ware typename="SS_WARE_BOOST" exact="1" comment="Boost Extension"/>
      <ware typename="SS_WARE_SCANNER2" exact="1" comment="Duplex Scanner"/>
      <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH213.maxcount}/2+1" comment="Engine Tunings"/>
      <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH231" exact="1" comment="SETA"/>
      <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH242" exact="1" comment="Video Enhancement Goggles"/>
      <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH246.maxcount}/2+1" comment="Rudder Optomisation"/>
      <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH251" exact="{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH251.maxcount}" comment="Cargo Bay Extension"/>
    </equipment>
    <map>
      <sector x="18" y="3"/>
    </map>
  </reward_player>
  <set_value name="ATF Notoriety" exact="{lookup.notoriety@notop1}"/>
  <set_value name="Terran Link Plot" exact="1"/>
  <set_value name="HUB Plot" exact="1"/>
  <set_value name="HQ Plot" exact="1"/>
</do_when>

Exobiologik

Post by Exobiologik » Tue, 5. May 09, 19:33

just a noob question:
If we unlock an advanced start, all the main plot are available (goner, terran, final fury, hub , etc ) ?
Or some new start considered few of the main plot like finished already ?

By example
If i start aldrin, aldrin system is already connected to solar system (terran plot finished), ?.

that could be interessing to have fun without doing all the long hard et same plot at every start.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 5. May 09, 19:37

For Aldrin Explorer, the Terran plot is disabled.

For everything else except Custom, all the main plots are available.

cygnetsong

Post by cygnetsong » Fri, 22. May 09, 16:43

How about adding the starting reps for each start?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”