X3:AP - Question on Stock Exchange Unlocks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 18:56

Unfortunately I also seem to be in the same boat as some of the others on here.

I'm currently ranked as: Friend of Priest King which is 3 ranks ahead of Friend of Priest but despite going into the Paranid Stock Exchange with Trade Extension Installed I never seem to get an option to unlock the station.

The unlock details are still displayed so it does seem to think I'm not the correct level yet.

Is there anything else I need to do other than fly my main ship into the Paranid stock exchange and have the Trade Extension installed? Do I need to wait in there for 5 minutes or so before I get a message from them and then it'll unlock?

I didn't seem to have any problems unlocking the Stock Exchanges in Seizewell or the Grand Exchange but I think those you just had to pay 10,000cr's to activate them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 00:17

DrHarvey12 wrote:Unfortunately I also seem to be in the same boat as some of the others on here.

I'm currently ranked as: Friend of Priest King which is 3 ranks ahead of Friend of Priest but despite going into the Paranid Stock Exchange with Trade Extension Installed I never seem to get an option to unlock the station.

The unlock details are still displayed so it does seem to think I'm not the correct level yet.

Is there anything else I need to do other than fly my main ship into the Paranid stock exchange and have the Trade Extension installed? Do I need to wait in there for 5 minutes or so before I get a message from them and then it'll unlock?

I didn't seem to have any problems unlocking the Stock Exchanges in Seizewell or the Grand Exchange but I think those you just had to pay 10,000cr's to activate them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
For me, once I reached Friend of Priest King, have the Trade Extension installed, and docked my ship at the stock exchange, it then worked.

May be you should try another Paranid Stock exchange (Card Domain)

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 12:49

I have just tried going over to Cardinal's Domain and have docked at the stock exchange there but still no joy :*(

I have installed the trade software 1 & 2 in case these were required for trade extension to work but that hasn't helped.

I'm now a Paranid Priest Protectorate - however after it is an (L). Any idea what this means and could it be affecting anything?

Really other than tading I haven't done any actual missions in Paranid space so I wonder if this affects it somehow???

I've also got the same thing by the Teladi and Argon ranks too although I haven't had an issue with the Teladi exchanges!!!

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 13:33

DrHarvey12 wrote:I'm now a Paranid Priest Protectorate - however after it is an (L). Any idea what this means and could it be affecting anything?

I've also got the same thing by the Teladi and Argon ranks too although I haven't had an issue with the Teladi exchanges!!!
It's your police licences.
No that doesn't affect it.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 13:50

Oh, ok. That makes sense I guess.

What a pain though. I'm now a Paranid Friend of Emperor yet I still can't unlock their damn stock exchange!!!!!

I'm starting to think it must be something obvious now but no idea what.

Any reason why it wouldn't work in an Express hauler??? As I've said before I thought I just needed Trade Extension and to be a certian Paranid rank which I've clearly gone past.

What else could it be??????

[Update:- Just gained access whilst in Home of Light!!!!! I was just pulling up the local share indexes to see what Seizewell was doing and the Paranid one shows up! Wasn't there 30 minutes ago. Oh well, at least it's there now. I wonder if Cardinal's Domain will show up in a bit too!!!]

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 09:22

I'm hoping there is some sort of weird delay built into the stock exchange unlocks as I've just been to a Boron Exchange and it also wouldn't unlock for me.

I was ranked as an Industrialist and it only asked for Trader rank so I should be able to unlock it from that perspective.

I wonder if this is something that has come in with the 1.1 patch as I really only started playing properly once that had been released? By the sounds of it most people that have been playing the game a while didn't have these issues.

Oh well, at least Seizewell works fine and that's a pretty bullish market most of the time anyway :)

Sopposedly it's not quite as good post patch but I tend to see gains of up to 1m cr's on the Biological Organisms stock on occasion. The others are quite often around 500,000 cr's. Not game breaking but a useful little sideline which should enable me to start buying the Mistral L's for my ST's :)

CmdrMoros
x4

Post by CmdrMoros » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 05:19

What rank exactly do you need for the one in Argon Prime? I do not see anything in the info from the station saying what rank I need... I am 100% confused with this stock exchange thing.

CmdrMoros
x4

Post by CmdrMoros » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 05:20

Wow, ok I just was docked in there for about 5 minutes after posting this... undocked and bam there it is... Wow lol.

jasii100
x4

Post by jasii100 » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 21:23

I was docked at the Argon Prime Exchange and the option to View Local Stock Exchange was grayed out (though I have 3 stations in Argon space).

I undocked, targeted the exchange from space and found the option to View Local Exchange in the Sector Map was available. After choosing this option, I got the dialog box with all the trading info. From that point onward, I was able to access the View Local Stock Exchange option normally.

I reloaded a saved game and tested this again - worked exactly the same way - so at least on my machine this is a repeatable way around the problem. I am running AP with XRM and no other mods.

quinnc8

Post by quinnc8 » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 05:04

Does anyone know the script/code/cheat to make it unlock?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 10:29

The unlock requirements are checked for via the MD script "StockExchange.xml" (which can be found in the director folder within the catalog files). Alternatively there is a script command in the Trade Commands -> Stock Exchange section. See this post for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 19:47

The pirate SE in Gaian Star cannot be unlocked at any conditions due to a bug. Will it be fixed somewhen? (bugged code, corrected code)

Ronage44

Post by Ronage44 » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 22:04

so much useful information.. thanks! I'm just too tired to search for it all!
Last edited by Ronage44 on Sat, 28. Jan 17, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 22:49

Can't check directly at the moment. So that station could be either Yaki or Pirate owned?

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 09:38

Xenon_Slayer wrote:Can't check directly at the moment. So that station could be either Yaki or Pirate owned?
The Yaki SE in Senator's Badlands can be unlocked, but the Pirate SE in Gaian Star is buggy.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 14:02

Apparently, that was attempted to be fixed in 3.0. Looking at the files from Steam, that should be the case. I just tested it and it seemed to work.

The change was:

Code: Select all

<match_object object="{event.param}" class="exchange" race="yaki"/>
to

Code: Select all

<match_object object="{event.param}" class="exchange" race="pirategroup"/>

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sat, 3. Dec 16, 13:22

My information seems outdated. Thanks!

Pilgram

Re: X3:AP - Question on Stock Exchange Unlocks

Post by Pilgram » Fri, 16. Jun 23, 02:24

As far as the Paranod stock market goes you might want to bypass it go to Teladi bring some solar with, you go to Spaceweed drift sell it 1 at a time, buy some more 1 at a time and sell them. About 3 times and 10,000 credits and do there stock market.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”