Khaak in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 06:59

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Smart_Bomb wrote:Ive been sending jolly ranchers and cupcakes for months now to the programmers, are you suggesting this was all in vain?
Try pizza and coffee the next time. ;)
id love to see a return of the Khaak.
I wouldn't. Especially not, if they're again just these unknown and dangerous enemies no one can communicate with. After all in X3TC we were still fighting against the same Khaak as in X2 and X3R. Three games and apart from a few pieces of information we've got from Kyle Brennan in the X3R story and a few rumors, we know almost nothing about the Khaak and there hasn't been any other interaction possibility apart from fighting. That's imho rather boring.

Pizza and Coffee it is! Ever tried a pizza with a light coffee bean topping? Beats 5 hour energy any day! :D

Actually I respectfully disagree with you, the mystery of the Kha’ak can keep them in the plot for ages. Just like in the TV show LOST the unsolved mysteries is what people kept coming back and wanting more. With so much mystery enveloping them I can even envision an expansion in rebirth dedicated to the Kha’ak that will bring them more to the light and allow you to see how far the rabbit hole can go.

I've always wanted a Kha'ak start that has its own fully functioning economy, shipyards, equipment docks, war targets, sector take overs and specialized missions. I would want something completely different from the standard mold of the common wealth one that really can envelope you in their mysterious world and add a whole new level to the game.
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

Vanir
x4

Post by Vanir » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 11:55

May be they will be back like the Cylons - sometime.

Err, I don't feel bored when I'm in the thick of a Khaak scout furball; do you?

I get a bit nervous when I meet a Khaak M2 - I have nightmares about hearing that 'buzz' of their beam weapons.

I have not played XTC or AP as I'm still playing Reunion - playing the one start since Reunion came out. When I'm Xtreme in Reunion I'll start XTC - should be in this month.

Looking forward to meeting them again. I'm such a liar!
Trading in War is a respectable and peaceful profession.

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 12:15

Vanir wrote:May be they will be back like the Cylons - sometime
The devs got rid of the khaak because people kept making silly comments about the name.

Why else would the devs write out the khaak (FF), they were the BEST enemies in the entire game, instant hit beam weapons, none of this dog fighting nonsense, scary scary, brilliant.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 02:55

Bring them back with more frightening ships and varied color schemes and more aggressive behaviors.

Lore wise you can say they ‘Evolved’ to adapt to the common wealth and the xenon’s weaponry and they are calling themselves ‘__________’

Name fixed, cool way to come back into the story and visually more appealing in the form of scariness.

One piece of the evolution would be m7m with 6-12 attached m3 fighters. That would be a super-scary purple death lotus flower. :twisted:

[ external image ]

goslin
x3ap

Post by goslin » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 03:05

Nah, what the universe needs is zombies. Like for example, if the Xenon learned to "terraform" ships. As in, hit them with something like boarding pods filled with nanites which give the xenon remote control, eject the life support system, and either immediately start fighting their former allies or jump to the Xenon shipyard for retrofitting.

Lets say all "zombie" ships move 25% slower but have 25% more hull and 25% more weapon energy generation, and can equip a couple xenon/zombie only type weapons.

Yep I know, coolest idea ever. Gogogo make it now!

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 04:28

KloHunt3r wrote:The player character from TC killed them all.
And unfortunately, his jumpdrive failed in the process, causing him to starve to death, setting all his ships and stations to self destruct. And that's why all the asteroids in Ore Belt are gone!

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 07:11

goslin wrote:Nah, what the universe needs is zombies. Like for example, if the Xenon learned to "terraform" ships. As in, hit them with something like boarding pods filled with nanites which give the xenon remote control, eject the life support system, and either immediately start fighting their former allies or jump to the Xenon shipyard for retrofitting.

Lets say all "zombie" ships move 25% slower but have 25% more hull and 25% more weapon energy generation, and can equip a couple xenon/zombie only type weapons.

Yep I know, coolest idea ever. Gogogo make it now!
Too close to Homeworld Cataclysm for my taste, besides can you see how populated a xenon controlled system would get if rather than blowing up ships they did your hostile takeover? Millions of ships in one sector if you left seta on for a day >.<

[ external image ]

ZX9000
x3

Post by ZX9000 » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 19:37

I found an abandoned khaak scout in Presidents End, seems some are left still in 2.0 (npc bailing doesn't add ships afaik).

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 19:56

ZX9000 wrote:I found an abandoned khaak scout in Presidents End, seems some are left still in 2.0 (npc bailing doesn't add ships afaik).
Only abandoned ships are left.

NovusBogus
x3

Post by NovusBogus » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 18:42

I'd love to see a return of the Khaak too, just make them a raiding faction that isn't a significant threat but occasionally drops a cluster on somebody. In general I'm hoping X:R has more hostile minor factions, not just "pirates" "other pirates" and "evil robots". Duke's is a good start. One of the cool things about Freelancer was how the player could navigate an exensive web of faction alliances and enmities.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 19:26

Well, I miss that sound of death ... bzzz bzzzd bzzd bzzzzd bzzzzt bzzz ...
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 10:33

Im pretty sure they are going to come back in rebirth and if not then as an expansion

[ external image ]

DrATty
x3tc

Post by DrATty » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 19:50

The Kha'ak in X3, in my opinion, were the nearest to what I imagine an alien to be. Unfathomable, uncommunicative, uncaring. Perhaps we're just bugs to them. What are the odds of stumbling into a few races with the same general form, aspirations and technology?
Bring them back. :khaak:
My Blog
My Forum

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 22:21

DrATty wrote:The Kha'ak in X3, in my opinion, were the nearest to what I imagine an alien to be. Unfathomable, uncommunicative, uncaring. Perhaps we're just bugs to them. What are the odds of stumbling into a few races with the same general form, aspirations and technology?
Bring them back. :khaak:
You mean Xenon.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 10:22

well humans did create them, so not so much unfathomable.

[ external image ]

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re:

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 12:24

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Thu, 8. Mar 12, 22:52
Smart_Bomb wrote:Ive been sending jolly ranchers and cupcakes for months now to the programmers, are you suggesting this was all in vain?
Try pizza and coffee the next time. ;)
id love to see a return of the Khaak.
I wouldn't. Especially not, if they're again just these unknown and dangerous enemies no one can communicate with. After all in X3TC we were still fighting against the same Khaak as in X2 and X3R. Three games and apart from a few pieces of information we've got from Kyle Brennan in the X3R story and a few rumors, we know almost nothing about the Khaak and there hasn't been any other interaction possibility apart from fighting. That's imho rather boring.
I definitely wouldn't go talking about there return while traversing Presidents End. One might get blown up for that. :roll:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Khaak in AP

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 13:11

That's amusing but hardly worth an over 9 year dormant thread necro.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”