X-Tension calculating speed / rudder

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

X-Tension calculating speed / rudder

Post by Cursed Ghost » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 23:18

Hi all

I’m curious how does X-Tension calculate speed ?

For example when I look in the manual it lists the speed of the Argon Discoverer as

M5: Argon Discoverer 18140 m/s

However that is not the value that is displayed in game when you look at the ship information screen so how does the game convert the value listed in the manual into the value the player sees when looking at a ships info screen

How do you go from: 18140 m/s to 81.71 m/s

The other thing I’d like to know is how the game determines the steering value for example in the Editor for X-Tension v.2.2 the X,Y,Z rudder values for the Argon Discoverer are

X - 13107
Y - 16384
Z - 16384

However what is displayed to the player in game when looking at the ship info screen is

Steering (Min-Max) 25.0% - 150.0 %

So how does the game convert the values for speed and rudder unfortunately the help text in the X-Tension Editor is less then helpful in explaining this because all I see when I try to work out how to convert speed is

as for figuring out how to convert the rudder values in the X-Tension Editor to the values displayed on the in game info screen I haven’t got a clue.

In any event the reason I ask is because I'm working on the Ships page for X-Tension and while I have most of the stats for most of the ships in game there are still a few values I'm missing because I was unable to find a copy of the ship in game that didn't have engine and rudder upgrades.

currently I'm missing the following values

Xenon Flagship
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

Argon Colossus
Min Speed - ??? m/s

Boron Shark
Min Steering ??? %

Teladi Condor
Min Speed ??? m/s

Split Raptor
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

Paranid Zeus
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

Xenon J
Min Steering ??? %

Argon Titan
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

Boron Ray
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

Teladi Phoenix
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

Split Python
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

Paranid Odysseus
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

Xenon K
Min Speed ??? m/s
Min Steering ??? %

so anyone know how I can discover what these values are since I cant exactly just use a cheat script to spawn a copy of each of these ships with no engine / rudder upgrades nor can I capture them or buy them unless someone knows a way to make unobtainable ships in X-Tension obtainable.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”