X-Tension Jump Drive

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

X-Tension Jump Drive

Post by Cursed Ghost » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 16:14

Hi all

Does anyone remember if it's possible to use the jump drive on ships that you are not personally flying In X-Tension ??

I’m guessing the answer is probably no given the primitive nature of the X-Tension control system but though I’d try asking since I can’t figure it out how to do it assuming it is possible at all certainly there is no command to jump to sector under the navigation commands when I try to order my ships to use the jump drive.

Kwon

Re: X-Tension Jump Drive

Post by Kwon » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 04:16

Cursed Ghost wrote:
Fri, 10. Dec 21, 16:14
Does anyone remember if it's possible to use the jump drive on ships that you are not personally flying In X-Tension ?
Video instruction - Jumpdrive without pilot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nklXv5 ... XZ&index=7
Last edited by Kwon on Tue, 10. Jan 23, 18:33, edited 2 times in total.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 03:59

Dam guess using the jump drive on ships you aren’t piloting only really works if both ships have the jump drive and transporter device oh well and here I was hoping to be able to jump captured ships back to the shipyard what a pain.

thanks anyway

I wonder why changes like the ability to remotely order your ships to use the jump drive where never back ported from the later games ??

Ego really need to update X-Tension so that the player can order ships to use the jump drive without needing to beam aboard first and without needing to be in the same sector.

they also need to improve the transporter device so that its Bi-directional like it is in later games so that if you transport to a ship that isn't equipped with a transporter device you don't have to space walk back, they could also do with adding the ability to beam cargo and astronauts aboard, which is something that's lacking even in later games why the transporter device is so under utilised though out the X series I don't know.

they could also do with adding the ability to match speed with target which would make the Perseus Missions a bit easier along with removing the recoil from your guns and removing the shaking when shot.

In fact there are a whole bunch of other improvements I could think of as well.

Kwon

Post by Kwon » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 17:47

Cursed Ghost wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 03:59
removing the recoil from your guns
It is edited here:
[ external image ]
Cursed Ghost wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 03:59
removing the shaking when shot
For this purpose there is a patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a0wpPw ... sp=sharing

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 02:11

Just one problem with using the editor to set the recoil to zero when you do that it also sets the energy use for your guns to zero so it seems the editor doesn't actually work correctly though I don't know why.

It may well be that I have an old version because the editor interface looks different in your screen shot, truth be told I don't even remember where I downloaded it now, though I am curious why the ability to remove ship shake isn't just part of the editor that would seem to be more sensible to me.

though to be honest Ego should probably just provide the player the option to turn it off in the options menu and you shouldn't need to use 3rd party stuff like that, while 3rd party stuff like that might allow you to tackle some issues unfortunately it does nothing to address all the other defects which should have been fixed a long time ago because I'm sure I can't of been the only one to complain about the various defects that where never addressed.

For example

the inability to acquire M1 and M2 capital ships.
the inability to match speed with targets.
the inability do stuff remotely like ordering your ships to jump.
the inability to beam cargo pods and astronauts aboard.

Not being able to do anything against capital ships because you can no longer equip Gamma H.E.P.T. since the X-Shuttle got nurfed and the Xenon K's in particular are to fast so you can't even get them with Hornets and using the editor to allow you to equip Gamma H.E.P.T. doesn't work because the game just tells me that those guns are incompatible with my ship and wont allow me to equip them I ran in to the same problem when I tried to set compatibility with 125mw shields and even if the above wasn't the case it still wouldn't help since no ship in X-Tention with perhaps the exception of the Paranid Pegasus can actually fly fast enough to catch Xenon K's since those things have a top speed of 635.13 and the fastest ship I can get is the X-Shuttle which only has a top speed of 306.0 and even if I could catch them going up against a capital ship in a fighter without stronger shields and guns is suicide, clearly Ego screwed that one up and effective made K's un-killable.

The way strafing works in X-Tension is horrible as well and that's yet another improvement that should have been back ported.

The AI needs serious improvement, even if they could just stop the AI ships flying right at you and crashing into you that would be a step in the right direction.

then of course there the bugs that slipped through for example the Argon Titan only has a 1000 mw Power Generator when it should have a 10,000 mw Power Generator like all the other capital ships.

when you go to the ship info screen for capital ships the info is incomplete when I look at the info for a Xenon K for example it tells me it has 18 guns and it tells me what guns the ship can equip but doesn't elaborate any further it doesn't tell you where the guns are mounted now I'm assuming its 3 forward 3 backwards 3 left 3 right 3 top and 3 bottom but that's just supposition at this point I don't actually know for sure.

for some reason all the Argon Colossus are called Argon One which is simply incorrect, some of the ship descriptions are wrong as well for example it says that the Argon Colossus is armed with 18 lasers which is incorrect its only armed with 6

As was the case in X Beyond the Frontier there are stations in X-Tension that are missing resources for example there are argon wheat farms that should require BoGas but only require energy there are a couple of Soyfarms that should require Teladianium and BoGas but only need Energy Cells and Nostrop Oil and that’s is just a couple of example of this I’ve encountered others now I don’t whether that’s deliberate or not but it seems like a bug to me.

Again really stupid rookie mistakes like this just shouldn't happen and while its true that mistakes are a fact of life they really should have been fixed long before now.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 12:33

I can't remember if it was XBF or XT, But I seem to remember that I used to engage Xenon K's by doing a head to head run at them. And when I got as close as I dared, I launched some Hornets, Then veered away. And the K could not turn fast enough to miss the Hornets.

As far as some stations not needing some resources. I think this is to keep the economy running. If no crystals are supplied to Solar Power Plants, Then no energy cells are created, and then the Crystal fabs would stop making the crystals for the SPP's. So everything could eventually grind to a halt.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 20:08

@Martin: Those are not the resources that Ghost is lamenting.

Wheat Farm (in X-Tension, table from https://klarix.de/xbtf/en/XFrSet2.html ):
Production cycle lasts 0:00:12

Code: Select all

amount  amount
                       regular  own
Product  Delexian Wheat 2,0     2,0
Resource Energy Cells   3,0     3,0
         BoGas*        >0,1
* 6 of 19 Wheat Farms use BoGas

Player owned Farm does not consume/require any BoGas. The point here is that some NPC Farms do, but not all.

In X2 and X3 NPC Factories have primary and secondary resources.
Primary are obligatory, a production cycle cannot start without needed amount of primary resources.
Secondary resources are optional; they do not affect production in any way. Rather, the station acts as a (slow) sink for that ware.

You were referring to the flow of ware from sources to sinks. NPC SPP is a source that produces ECells from nothing.
Equipment Docks, Trading Stations, and secondary resources at Factories are sinks. Appear as ECell, convert to other wares, vanish to sink.

I can't tell whether X-Tension (and Xbtf) NPC Factories had some wares as "secondary" as in later games, or were they all obligatory.

However, I don't think that there is a rule that very Wheat Farm must be identical. Whether the discrepancy is intentional or accidental, it does add "life" for explorer; you can't take things for granted: "Have seen one, so have seen them all!"
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”