X-BTF is still AWESOME 20+ years later

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DryName
x4

X-BTF is still AWESOME 20+ years later

Post by DryName » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 10:47

Hi everyone, I am new to the X universe and my first impression is
Spoiler
Show
HELL
yeah.

I originally wanted to just try X4 since it was the newest game, but unfortunately I've had to downgrade recently and only have an older integrated graphics card (no vulkan) to play on at the moment. So I figured while I wait to get a new gaming PC, that I would try some of the older games. Booted up X-Rebirth and was completely lost on what I was doing, so I thought I would give X3 a go. HA. But even though I was lost and confused I still wanted to learn how to play these games so I went all the way back to the beginning and finally realized what I had gotten myself into by getting hooked on the concepts of these games. The Long Haul.

I have crashed and burned numerous times by getting cocky and not buying ship salvage. I accidentally wrecked havoc on the economy in Greater Profit by way of a piss poor location for my first SPP. I have made bad purchases because I got turned around in space, docked at the wrong station and did a quick purchase without checking what the stock was. Mistake after bad decision after mistake.

Even with all of that I am enjoying myself and I am finding myself to be more patient in my daily life ever since I started playing these kind of games.

I just want to say that EGOSOFT has created a game series that will survive the test of time. Thank you for the X-verse.

blackarrowZ64

Re: X-BTF is still AWESOME 20+ years later

Post by blackarrowZ64 » Wed, 22. Dec 21, 17:37

What with Homeworld being remastered a few years back I would love to see X-BTF remastered with modern graphics and VR!

Wow, I would certainly buy that again!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”