Rise to power?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sorkvild
x3tc

Rise to power?

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 18:11

What are your usual steps when you start from scratch? Do you buy first TS, do some trade runs, then you buy Trade Command mk3 or set a cheap factory somewhere, then you buy TM, and then TL...
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Rise to power?

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 18:14

Which X3 game and which gamestart?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 18:21

I have no "usual", because I did start each of X3R, X3TC, and X3AP exactly once. With approximately same routine though:
1. Get Dragon
2. Get Raptor
3. Become Xtreme in Combat
4. Get a billion
5. Do plots
6. Start to trade
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 19:29

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 15. Jun 22, 18:14
Which X3 game and which gamestart?
Applies to all X3 titles where you start with a single weak ship and some credits. Steps I mentioned in my first post are usually the ones I replicate, now I play FL and I'm looking for a new way of dealing with rise to power procedure ;)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Jun 22, 20:23

Ah, generic X3 starter gameplay then. That may be where we differ in vanilla playstyle then because I quite like the early days struggle and so tend to play for steady and modest growth; I lose a bit of interest and immersion when huge amounts of money, equipment, complexes and fleets are available to me. I do like claiming other factions' ships though ... :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 17. Jun 22, 21:06

Since the question probably was on how to initially get from 0 to (in my case Dragon ... and most of the other stages), my method was:

Generic missions and picking up loot. At some point I did got a freighter, by buy or bail, but that too was mostly for collecting loot, for some missions that did require TS, and minimally for acting as MORT.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”