[X2] Trader captian

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pilgram

[X2] Trader captian

Post by Pilgram » Fri, 11. Nov 22, 03:42

x2 the threat how do i fire a trader captain?
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Mon, 14. Nov 22, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to X Trilogy forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [X2] Trader captian

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 14. Nov 22, 20:32

IIRC it should be enough to enter the ship yourself. Alternatively, giving another command than the mk3 trader command (sector/universe trader), may work, too.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Okke Dillen
x3

Post by Okke Dillen » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 15:26

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Mon, 14. Nov 22, 20:32
giving another command than the mk3 trader command (sector/universe trader), may work, too.
nope, it would be destructive if it was done like that! ;)
Example: I sometimes use my traders to execute some command (buy me something, sell me something, as I'm traveling with a Nemesis which only has an M5 as a "dinghy" and sometimes I need a bigger container capacity than "S" - e.g. thinking of bigger guns and shields).
After the "side job" is done I let him resume with MK3-trading, pilot name and ranking remain the same as before :wink:

Firing the trader captain by entering the ship yourself might work, but I never tried it cause my traders are performing outstandingly well :wink:
Nur die Ruhe ;) :xbtf: :x2: :x3: ... [X²: 45-18:18/1,149GCr/FMgn/Ass d.A./St:130/Sch:501// :khaak: M3:196 :D ]
Kurz nach Aufstellen einer Whisky-Destille bei den Loomanckstrats ereilte mich folgender BBS-Newsflash:
Betrunkener Pirat von Asteroid geborgen :rofl:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 15:48

What "pilot" and why fire?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 15:59

The OP is probably not worried about this any more after 4 months.

However, this from the X2 Bonus Pack Mk3 Trader documentation may help in some situations:

"Transfer into another ship.

With the new version it is possible to transfer the pilot into another ship. To do this, a special menu a script is available, where you have to fill in the start and target ship as well as the station where the ships should meet. Because of the limitations of the script engine, both ships have to be in space. *Grumble*. Also, both ships should be in the same sector to prevent accidents (crossing enemy sectors).

The new ship, which has to be "empty", i.e. no pilot must be on board, gets the name of the old ship, all important items are transferred, and the pilot is placed into the new ship with all his experience. After this the trader can be started as normal and resumes at the current level. It is not possible to preserve the experience level of the pilot through simple transferring of the MK3 software. If you transfer the MK3 in the normal way, the pilot stays and you take on a new inexperienced pilot when you start the MK3 software.

The old ship gets the name '---'."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”