BTF, X2, X3 - OST?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Not Actually Reimu
x4

BTF, X2, X3 - OST?

Post by Not Actually Reimu » Mon, 22. May 23, 01:20

So the music from X:BTF, X2, X3, and the early games in general is absolutely entrancing - not to say the later music isn't, I just have a personal preference for the earlier ones myself. Does anyone know if the original lossless soundtrack is around, seeing as the soundtrack for, say, BTF is completely munched by the compression needs of the era?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: BTF, X2, X3 - OST?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. May 23, 08:00

This would probably be a good question to ask by e-mail to info@egosoft.com.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Mon, 22. May 23, 15:39

I’m not quite sure this is the answer you’re looking for, but in any case, this might be useful to you.

You can find the game’s music (and even put in your own!) in the music directory for X2, and each X3. :)
They are named 5 digit numbers though, but they do contain the music from BTF, though unfortunately minus the intro music, and the fight themes. Though technically the first fight theme is in X3:TC, AP, and FL. It’s just sped up and used for sector music. :)

Also, can we just take this moment to agree that “Groundbreakin’ Technology” evokes the same feeling as waking up in the middle of the night from deep sleep, so you feel very strange and clumsy, but you’re also in need of a snack/drink, and you don’t have one next to you, so you have to go get some, and all the lights are off, and you feel uneasy because of this, and think you might be watched by something? :lol:

Not Actually Reimu
x4

Post by Not Actually Reimu » Wed, 24. May 23, 05:43

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 22. May 23, 08:00
This would probably be a good question to ask by e-mail to info@egosoft.com.
Didn't even think of this: most companies aren't so good with info as that. Will send an email and report back with my findings for posterity.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”