[X2] LFL Crash Save Game (not technical support)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jefferz90s
x3ap

[X2] LFL Crash Save Game (not technical support)

Post by jefferz90s » Sat, 12. Aug 23, 17:05

Hi,

Sometime I posted regarding an issue with the X2 LFL cutscene crash, this issue has returned and even the old fix has helped neither any other possible solutions found online. With that said rather than spend anymore hours trying to repair the issue would someone who is feeling charitable, who happens to have X2 installed, take my save and get me past the cutscene and save the game in a station out of the sector? hopefully this should get me past the issue, all other cutscenes work fine.

A copy of my save is Here

EyMann_MachHin
x3ap

Re: [X2] LFL Crash Save Game (not technical support)

Post by EyMann_MachHin » Tue, 15. Aug 23, 01:26

Okay, got through the cutscene of light banter between you, Saya and Brett. Funnily using your save I hadn't any issues. And I remember Saya bashing her ship into the gate in my game. I hope it is not an issue that I did it on my native German version of the game. Saya should now follow you like a puppy until you decide to go to Nyana's Hideout. I didn't change the sector though, I just landed at the Paranid tradingpost again.

Get the save here.
Wie Bitte?!? "Pilot: Lehrling Leann Ohneaim" Image Gut die Person soll nur einen Frachter fliegen, aber echt jetzt!
:xbtf: :xt: :x2:

jefferz90s
x3ap

Post by jefferz90s » Tue, 15. Aug 23, 11:52

EyMann_MachHin wrote:
Tue, 15. Aug 23, 01:26
Okay, got through the cutscene of light banter between you, Saya and Brett. Funnily using your save I hadn't any issues. And I remember Saya bashing her ship into the gate in my game. I hope it is not an issue that I did it on my native German version of the game. Saya should now follow you like a puppy until you decide to go to Nyana's Hideout. I didn't change the sector though, I just landed at the Paranid tradingpost again.

Get the save here.
Legend, much appreciated. It is a strange crash that impacts some systems, there are many possible fixes but I was out of ideas. Many thanks for coming through and getting past that part for me.

EyMann_MachHin
x3ap

Post by EyMann_MachHin » Tue, 15. Aug 23, 13:31

jefferz90s wrote:
Tue, 15. Aug 23, 11:52
Legend, much appreciated. It is a strange crash that impacts some systems, there are many possible fixes but I was out of ideas. Many thanks for coming through and getting past that part for me.
Funnily, the bug also hit me on the first try. But I didn't notice it as such. When I loaded your save file, I sat there and tried to remember which cutscene you meant. That sieve I call a brain couldn't remember. So I thought, better check out one of the walk thoughs on youtube first. So I left the station and quitted the game. Before all shutdown stuff was finished the cutscene started to play and the game crashed to desktop. After the refresher on youtube, I got back and just thought "Odd, where is the game?" Just restarted it and went though the cutscene without any issues and uploaded the save.

Maybe one of the reasons this issue might happen is when you press any key too quickly after leaving the station with "ESC" and the start of the cutscene?
Wie Bitte?!? "Pilot: Lehrling Leann Ohneaim" Image Gut die Person soll nur einen Frachter fliegen, aber echt jetzt!
:xbtf: :xt: :x2:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”