[Discussion] Generic X3FL S&M Questions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [Discussion] Generic X3FL S&M Questions

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Feb 22, 18:15

The TFacSizes file are the dimensions of the factory model. This is used by the station construction server so it knows how close it can place the factories. If you are using an existing model, just copy the entry from one that uses the same model. Without this added, it will used a generated size instead, but it wont be able to fit in as tightly as the others.

The upgrade levels are fixed, and you set the starting level of the factory in TFactories. So an XXL factory wont have any upgrade levels, as its already the max.
These upgrade levels cant be changed

The name of the station is read from the standard text file, TFactories contains the entry for that, and its on page 17 (same for all objects). The 2011 is the text file. The station size is appended to the existing name. So if you are just added a different size, then you dont need to change the name.
If you need a different name, you need to add a new entry in a text file, and set its id to the new entry

The value for size is simply the production multiplier. So XXL is 20, as its production is 20x that of S.
The cycle time, production count, resource count, etc are calculated from the relval of the Product and resource wares by finding the lowest common divisor. The production multiplier is then applied to that for each different factory size. The cycle time actually remains the same for all different sizes, and its production count and resource counts are increase instead

radon

Post by radon » Tue, 1. Feb 22, 18:50

Oh that was a quick reply, thank you! I've got the new name set. Is there a way to change the relval then to make a station produce more or less (and use more or less) each cycle?

Seranach

Post by Seranach » Tue, 1. Feb 22, 19:00

hope im asking in the right thread ...

So Im looking for a mod that will help me with my fleet woes.
I would like to be able to have a fleet be resupplied by a complex automatically - I dont mean with munitions, but with ships. If i should lose an M3 or what have you, I would like a station to put together a new M3 and send it on its way to join the fleet - constructing it and/or its loadout if need be.
I primarily want to have my patrol/protection/etc fleets/wings not degrade over time.
Ive combed the forums but i cant seem find a mod like that .... maybe im blind, i dunno - any help would be appreciated!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Feb 22, 19:05

the relval is set in the ware files.

this controls both the price of the ware, and the production. Changing it will effect all factories that that use that ware.
you cant change it for individual factories, as the values are computed, not stored anywhere.

the production count is simply the lowest value that can divided into the product and resource ware relval.
The only other way to increase it is to increase the factories production (which is set in TFactories) This simply defines the multiple of products that are produced per cycle. This production value can be set to anything you wanted. But if it doesn't use the defined sizes, then the upgrade stages wont work (but if its higher than 20 you wont get any additional upgrade levels anyways)

setting it to 100 for example would mean you product 100x the products per cycle.

messing with the relvals is generally not a good idea if you dont know what your doing, and are not going to do it for all wares, as it can mess up the economy if its not balanced very well. This can result in the resources not dividing well into the product and increases the production count. If this gets to more than 50% of the total capacity it means the factories need to be full to start production. And as most of the free traders will not sell wares if they are above 50% capacity this results in the factories from never really producing. (this was an issue with numerous factories in TC/AP which got fixed in FL)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Feb 22, 19:08

Seranach wrote:
Tue, 1. Feb 22, 19:00
hope im asking in the right thread ...

So Im looking for a mod that will help me with my fleet woes.
I would like to be able to have a fleet be resupplied by a complex automatically - I dont mean with munitions, but with ships. If i should lose an M3 or what have you, I would like a station to put together a new M3 and send it on its way to join the fleet - constructing it and/or its loadout if need be.
I primarily want to have my patrol/protection/etc fleets/wings not degrade over time.
Ive combed the forums but i cant seem find a mod like that .... maybe im blind, i dunno - any help would be appreciated!
while there are numerous fleet mod that might do the trick. There is functionality in the base game that could also work.
IF you have fighters assigned to carriers, you can install the carrier command software, which allows the carrier to repair and replace its managed ships. It can use both your HQ and race shipyards to do this. You just need to add the fighters as managed ships to the carrier

Seranach

Post by Seranach » Tue, 1. Feb 22, 19:36

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 1. Feb 22, 19:08
while there are numerous fleet mod that might do the trick. There is functionality in the base game that could also work.
IF you have fighters assigned to carriers, you can install the carrier command software, which allows the carrier to repair and replace its managed ships. It can use both your HQ and race shipyards to do this. You just need to add the fighters as managed ships to the carrier
Oh wow, didnt know it went so deep with the carrier software - neat!
I assume this extends to ADS (Anarkis Defence System)? Then my problems are over - thank you kind sir!

Also - please allow me to squeak and get my panties up in a bunch like a giddy school girl - back in the day when I had nary but a hair on my chin did I play X3 with your (and Lucikes) mods from dawn to dusk and to dawn again. Back then, of course, I didnt understand the depth of these games and I was simply there for the pewpew - now, with FL and nostalgia, Im seeing the depth exploding in my face and Im buckling down for another X3 epoch.
So let me take this time to thank you (and Lucike, if hes still around), for an amazing time back then - and probably also now ahead of me.
Viva la Imperium! o7

radon

Post by radon » Tue, 1. Feb 22, 19:40

I think I'll keep away from the revals and stick to changing the factories production number then, thanks again Cycrow that's a huge help :)

radon

Post by radon » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 09:08

Ok so I've worked out some of the columns in tfactories, probably the only ones I really need, but I was wondering if anybody knew what the rest do?

Column 6 - Changes station hull strength (must do other stuff too)
Column 7 - Station name on page 17 of the xxxx-L0xx file
Column 12 - Station model used
Column 14 - Station race (1 Argon 2 Boron etc.)
Column 19 - Icon on the map
Column 20 - Station volume (in TLs for instance)
Column 29 - Station name/code in WareTemplate

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 11:28

It'll be easier to just download the x3 editor 2 from doubleshadow.

You can use it to edit the files pr if you prefer to as a reference as it'll label all the columns

There's also an FL update available for it

radon

Post by radon » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 11:51

ah silly me I've been using the editor but I was opening files with the text editor rather than tdebugger, I did find another post alluding to this but I couldn't work out what they meant, I get it now, thanks again :mrgreen:

RoastedCoala

Post by RoastedCoala » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 09:03

Hi there! First of all, sorry for my bad English. :roll:

So, the reason I`m here is the dynamic diplomacy system. It basically stupid as it is now. Yeah, I know I could just turn it off via scripts, but that is not what I want. I have no intention to be a best friend to all of the races in space, I just don`t want to became hostile when I obviously should not.

You see, I am a pirate hunter. If, for example, I would do too many pirate hunting missions in a row for boron, those split would became hostile real soon. What the hell? I exterminate split foes (pirate) without demanding any reward from them. More, their enemy boron is paying for that, loosing economical potential. Why would split hate me for that? Why would split refuse selling me their goods, investing boron credits in their economics? Why would split attack me if I visit their sectors, instead of inviting me to do the same job I do for boron? :rant:

I really like the idea of loosing rep when you gain rep with enemy factions, but in this case isn`t it stupid?

The idea is simple: I want to reduce/remove negative impact on rep to any third race, hostile to employer race if target race is also hostile to that third race.

Is there any mod for this? Can I edit some values by myself to achieve the result?

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 03:16

And what exactly is the problem. Use diplomatic agents to influence the race you need.
The developers did a good job on this, for which a plus to their karma :x3:
I don't understand people who don't like it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 11:32

It wouldn't really be possible to achieve something like that.

the current system simply responds to changes in notoriety, but it doesn't know the actual cause of that change, just the change itself. So you would have to rewrite the whole notoriety system and all the missions and mission system to allow for it.

if your only worry is not becoming enemies when you do a mission, then all you need to do is use agents to raise the ranks higher. The higher the rank, the more it'll take to move down a rank. So if you had all the foundation guild at rank 8-10 and the profit guild at 6-7 then it'll take several missions to even drop a rank.
The biggest issue is when they are in the neutral ranks, this is where their rank to can move quickly, as there's so little points between these ranks.

So the hire you are with Split, the less impact it'll have when doing missions for Boron.
It only really becomes tricky if you want to keep all sides happy (ie including pirates and Terran).
If you dont care about the Pirates and Terran, then it should be pretty easy to keep all the main races happy

RoastedCoala

Post by RoastedCoala » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 15:17

Ok. Got it.

Yeah, I`m aware it is possible to keep rep high by agents, or by alternating employers. That is not a problem. It just make me crazy :evil: when they hate me because of killing their enemies.

If impossible it is... let`s just add couple more strings into my "kill-em-all" list. :twisted:

We are not of those, who seek an easy path. ©

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 15:48

RoastedCoala wrote:
Thu, 17. Feb 22, 15:17
It just make me crazy :evil: when they hate me because of killing their enemies.
I keep reading this and I keep answering but somehow it doesn't translate. You get a rep hit to the enemy of the faction you increased rep REGARDLESS of why the rep increase happened in the first place. The reason is rather simple since the relations are mirroring relations not player action. What that translates is, Paranid like you more thus I like you less because I hate Paranid. Its not rocket surgery. :P

MFG

Ketraar

radon

Post by radon » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 06:00

Hi, can anybody tell me if it's possible to/how I can change the maximum/minimum account values for the 'auto money transfer to player account' command via a script? I can use start task/set script command to assign that command and a station manager, but I'm not sure how to change the max/min numbers for AMTPA.

Thanks. :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 21:05

Should be stored in a local variable on that station, 'transfer.values' iirc.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 22:39

if you are running the script manually, then you can just pass the values as the arguments, the first is the Minimum value and the 2nd is the Maximum value.

radon

Post by radon » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 05:55

Thank you! Changing transfer.values works perfectly, I'm not sure about how to use arguments in this case though (although since I can use transfer.values this doesn't really matter), if I have two scripts like this-

//aa.radon.amtpa.1
$station = get global variable: name= 'radon.station.current'
set global variable: name= 'radon.amtpa.check' value=1
$station -> start task 11 with script aa.radon.amtpa.2 and prio 0: arg1=x arg2=y arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
return null

//aa.radon.amtpa.2
$amtpa.check = get global variable: name= 'radon.amtpa.check'
while $amtpa.check == 1 ...
  $amtpa.check = get global variable: name= 'radon.amtpa.check'
  set script command: COMMAND_STATION_MONEYTRANSFER
  @ = wait 120000 ms
end
return null

-and I set x and y (if that's right), what else do I need to do? Sorry, I'm know I'm a bit slow.

Edit: actually I've just realised this doesn't work to assign either commands, they fill the station slots but don't actually have an effect

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 11:33

No, that wouldn't work, as you are just running your own command script which isn't actually doing anything. You need to run the transfer script instead

Code: Select all

$scriptname = $station -> get command script: command=COMMAND_STATION_MONEYTRANSFER
$i = 11
while $i <= 20
  do if $station -> is named script $scriptname on stack of task=$i
     $station -> start task $i with script '!lib.interrupt' ...
  inc $i
end

$task = $station -> get next available task: 11
$station -> start named script: task=$task, script=$scriptname, prio=1, arg1={Minimum}, arg2={Maximum}, ...
set the {Minimum} and {Maximum} values to the ones you want to use.

The first part basically checks if the command is already running and stops it so you can start it again

NOTE: i wrote this from memory so the commands might not be exactly the same

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”