Rep-Guide for the desperate **modified**/cheat

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Readymade

Rep-Guide for the desperate **modified**/cheat

Post by Readymade » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:19

€: can sm move this topic to the X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding area?
    There are so many people who tend to rate FL bad because of the reputation system and I totally agree with most of the arguments that killing a xenon in a paranid sector shouldn't result in a loss of reputation for the argons etc.
    For all the players who like to skip all the grinding for agents and therefore reputation and who just wanna enjoy and discover the FL universe with all the new features except for the scaling reputation system here, is an easy but cheaty way out of it:

I have just marked it as spoiler so I hope people don't get offended too much by this if they don't care and think that everyone have to grind for the reputation like every normaler player of X3:FL does
    Spoiler
    Show
    What you need
    • Cheat Engine
    • Script console (Thereshallbewings as player name)
    1. Save your Savegames because we are going to enter the **modified** stance to avoid cheated achievements
    2. Enter the player menu (P), click rename (M) and enter "Thereshallbewings" (T must be in capital) and confirm with "enter"
    3. Once the script console is active, enter it (docked off station) with shift+C and then press "s"
    4. enable the additional debug information in one of the last columns
      now you can see the numeric race reputation once you select a ship and access the information tab (select target>I). If you have selected an Argon ship, you can now see the relations between Argon and all the other factions -> also between you and and Argon
    5. Write down the number with the right algebraic sign
    6. Now open cheat engine,t-search or any other memory scanner
      You have to make the programm show every value as if there were signed (for Cheat Enige it is Edit-> Settings and then mark "show values as if they were signed"
    7. Open X3:FL with the magnifier icon from the list
    8. Once it's loaded it is time to start the scan: type in the value (e.g. -15452) (with the right sign), deselect fast scan and now let the scan run
    9. now you got the result list. Now it's time to find the right value out of the search list by simply changing it. Kill an Argon ship or which race you ever are editing or improve your rank
    10. if there are less than 30 or so entries you can maybe already find the right value. Changed values are marked as red. Otherwise change back into X3:FL and check the selected ship again for the right value
    11. type in the new value (e.g. -14785) and click "Next Scan"
    12. In the best case you now should only have one value remaining in the adress list -> otherwise just change it once again by repeating step 11: double click the right balue to add to your list in the bottom section
    13. change the value by double clicking on it. It can be a number between 100.000 (for Argon this would be +10: Hero of the Federation) and -100.000
    That's it - you can repeat it for every faction and even freeze the value by clicking the active checkbox. Remeber if you load or close the game you have to search for the right adress once again!
    I know that a lot of people will be offended by this post and will hate me for it. I've played every X part so far in the last 20 years and spend more than 1000 hours in this universe and I love it. There are a lot of players out there struggeling with the rep-loss in FL and I don't want them to quit this awesome game and leave a sour taste in their mouths. Everyone has to decide if they want to use this cheat and because the achievements are turned of due to the **modified** stance no one will get hurt by it :wink:
    Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Mon, 10. May 21, 21:35, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: moved to scripts and modding forum

ZX9000
    x3

Re: Rep-Guide for the desperate **modified**/cheat

Post by ZX9000 » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:27

No-one should be offended, from what I can see you made an account here just to post this guide. That's good community service (if it works, I'm giving the current system an honest go for now) :) The team also helped people mod the feature in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=438356 , so I think they can take it.

Readymade

Post by Readymade » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:32

ZX9000 wrote:
    Mon, 10. May 21, 21:27
    No-one should be offended, from what I can see you made an account here just to post this guide. That's good community service (if it works, I'm giving the current system an honest go for now) :) The team also helped people mod the feature in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=438356 , so I think they can take it.
    Haven't read it just yet and I thought there would be an easy way but I only knew cheat engine from ages ago and wanted to give it try to help out all the desperate players struggeling with the dynamic rep :D

-XeNoN-
    x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 11. May 21, 11:45

Tbh if you know how to do Diplomacy the Dynamic Relations isnt problem at all :)

Readymade

Post by Readymade » Tue, 11. May 21, 19:00

NighTragE wrote:
    Tue, 11. May 21, 11:45
    Tbh if you know how to do Diplomacy the Dynamic Relations isnt problem at all :)
    Yeah I have read your rant about it and was impressed, that you managed to achieve high ranks with all major factions! But as long as it is not changed people can stick to my guide or the edit variant with the global setting

-XeNoN-
    x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 11. May 21, 20:49

You cant have high ranks with all races im friendly with only 3 and all others are hostile im talking about Espionage missions :)

ZX9000
    x3

Post by ZX9000 » Tue, 11. May 21, 22:57

NighTragE wrote:
    Tue, 11. May 21, 11:45
    Respectfully, if you can lose your stations and traders for taking a taxi mission on the other side of the universe, there is a problem. One average difficulty taxi mission dropped my boron rank from +6 to -3, that's way out of proportion. Sure, you can prepare and work with it once you know how it works, but for many that means contorting your preferred playstyle, losing fun.

-XeNoN-
    x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Wed, 12. May 21, 10:54

True but the reason why Dynamic Relations is actually good its now easier to train your marines, especially if youre hostile vs some races :)
    Dynamic Relations has its downsides yes but at the same time it's good and provides more balance to the game, lets be honest when you started the game like lets say in TC/AP it was challenging to move around, do missions etc but as soon as you obtained lets say max rank with all races...player is then most powerful dude in the x universe because of availability of products of all races
    Now you need to work for the equipment, it takes time to obtain the items but when you do it doesnt matter if youre hostile, you can always steal equipment, steal blueprints for stations etc :)
    As i said before everyone has their own opinion but for me dynamic relations is more fun than normal

Also you can always move with TL your stations if situation requires ;)

spolen
    x3ap

Post by spolen » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 19:57

It would be easier to go to the script editor and go to general commands > noteriety > and select the option "set noteriety of" it's the second option there.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”