[PROGRAM] X3 Editor 2 v2.0.27.0 updated for FL [Unofficial Update]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Forleyor
x4

[PROGRAM] X3 Editor 2 v2.0.27.0 updated for FL [Unofficial Update]

Post by Forleyor » Sat, 15. May 21, 16:28

Hey,

Since doubleshadow released the source code for X3 Editor 2 aswell as giving open permission to modify/redistribute the software, I decided to have a go updating it for Farnham's Legacy.

Please note though that this is still doubleshadow's tool, full credit should go to him for the original version of X3 Editor 2 :)

Should doubleshadow ever decide to return to the X series and update X3 Editor 2 officially, I will be happy to have this thread removed.

NOTES:
I tried to keep X3AP and below untouched, they should still be working as before, if needing to switch between TC/AP etc and FL and having any issues feel free to let me know!

Changes are:
Added X3 Farnham's Legacy as an option to game profiles in configuration menu
VFS now knows about addon2 directory and should work as expected when X3 Editor 2 is set to X3FL in configuration profile
Job Editor has been update to account for the new values available in the Farnham's Legacy jobs file
X3 Editor 2 should now be able to find FL's strings in Page IDs of 39xxxx

Install:
Go to doublehshadows site and download version 2.0.27.0 of X3 Editor 2:
http://x3e2.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

Download my zip from this link and move the files and folder to X3 Editor 2 root directory, overwrite when asked:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17-WJOj ... drive_link

Any issues with anything to do with my changes please do feel free to let me know!

Forleyor

Changelog
Spoiler
Show
Update 12
Fixed some inconsistencies in jobs editor, should now write correct data on save.

Update 11
Revert string fix in cat manager so file names are correct when extracted.

Update 10
Fixed missing "Jump Range", "Other Expansions" and "Trade Skill" values not being editable in Job Editor.

Update 9
Strings fix from update 8 should now also work properly on director directory and any other directory.

Update 8
FIxed issue with unpacking scripts from VFS which would cause them to loose part of their filename.

Update 7
Fixed bug in Job Editor with certain races checked and saving/loading the file.

Update 6:
Removed VersionGenerator.plugin from the download.

Update 5:
Removed "addon" folder in VFS if in FL mode and removed "addon2" folder in VFS if in AP mode.

Update 4:
Fixed T File Editor not displaying new race names in TShips

Update 3:
Changed how job editor detects FL jobs file so it doesnt keep breaking when egosoft update FL jobs file version number.

Update 2:
Added Plot Flags and Chance Random Race edit fields to jobs editor under General tab since they were missing
Added checkboxes to job editor for 4 missing Ship Variants under Ship Type tab (Extra 1, Extra 2, Extra 3, Extra 4)

Update 1:
Added check for jobs editor for FL beta 1.10 so it will load the file
Last edited by Forleyor on Sun, 24. Dec 23, 23:03, edited 23 times in total.

Aranov
x4

Re: [PROGRAM] X3 Editor 2 v2.0.27.0 updated for FL [Unofficial Update]

Post by Aranov » Sat, 15. May 21, 20:25

Tried this, It's not working for me.
Jobs editor saying it only supports job files up version 21, and the t files aren't being read.

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 16. May 21, 04:53

Aranov wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 20:25
Tried this, It's not working for me.
Jobs editor saying it only supports job files up version 21, and the t files aren't being read.
Hey,

The Job Editor is a .plugin file in the plugins folder, are you sure you moved it across? it should definatly not say it doesnt support version 21 as thats one of the things I definately updated.

As for the strings, the strings dont work without x3objectsFLPatcher.dll which should be placed in the same directory as X3 Editor 2.exe

I would appreciatre any feedback on what you did, as I really dont understand how it cant of had any effect if you installed X3 Editor 2 and then overwrote with the new files :lol:

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sun, 16. May 21, 08:25

I'm mystified myself.
I did just as you said, copied the exe, the dll and the plugins folder to the root folder.

It has some effect, as I could set FL as the default mode, but that's all that changed.
It also won't even pick up AP or TC strings.
I do have the Editor and Game install on a secondary drive (D:)

Now the error says v22 is unsupported, and that is the file version at top of the Jobs file I extracted from the latest beta.
Changing it to 21 led to it loading, but still no strings. It does how appear to have new options in the editor, they are just labeled via number.

EDIT: I had the wrong version of the editor installed.
Sooo sorry about that. Now the text loads but job editor still giving issues about version 22

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 16. May 21, 09:09

Aranov wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 08:25
Now the error says v22 is unsupported, and that is the file version at top of the Jobs file I extracted from the latest beta.
Changing it to 21 led to it loading, but still no strings. It does how appear to have new options in the editor, they are just labeled via number.

EDIT: I had the wrong version of the editor installed.
Sooo sorry about that. Now the text loads but job editor still giving issues about version 22
No need to be sorry its fine :)

I just installed the 1.10 beta and also get the version 22 unsupported....Are you on the Beta aswell? Might be the beta changes the version number.

EDIT: misread that you are in fact on beta haha, Will upload a new version for beta support

EDIT 2: Uploaded Update 1 to gdrive and edited download link in first post.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 17. May 21, 22:39

Thanks a lot for creating this updated version. :) I added it to the Tutorials and Resources Sticky.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Tue, 18. May 21, 23:14

Update 3 uploaded

Update 3:
Changed how job editor detects FL jobs file so it doesnt keep breaking when egosoft update FL jobs file version number.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Wed, 19. May 21, 15:31

I Tested the new version finally, Works great!
TYVM for updating this.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Wed, 19. May 21, 23:08

Great initiative of you, Forleyor! Thank you so much for providing this great tool now for FL, too! :x3:
I just tested your update-installation and it looks good!

One question: When I configured the path for FL and then reload the VFS, an "addon" folder is shown in VFS, but no "addon2" folder - is this correct?
But generally the VFS content seems to show the correct FL-content from addon2, because I checked the types/TShips and the new FL ships appear there.
When I open the TShips, it will open correctly, but in the list of ships, the new races-IDs 20,21,22,23,24 seems no to pull the text of this new races from the t-file to be shown in the user interface. just cosmetics, but I wanted to mention it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. May 21, 00:03

the addon directory of the current game is merged with the base.

so if you set the game to TC, you will see both addon and addon2, if you set it to AP, you will just see addon2

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Thu, 20. May 21, 00:52

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 00:03
the addon directory of the current game is merged with the base.

so if you set the game to TC, you will see both addon and addon2, if you set it to AP, you will just see addon2
O.K. Thx for the quick reply - yes, now this makes sense for me! :D

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Thu, 20. May 21, 07:13

Aranov wrote:
Wed, 19. May 21, 15:31
I Tested the new version finally, Works great!
TYVM for updating this.
Great, Glad to hear it! :D
Aldebaran_Prime wrote:
Wed, 19. May 21, 23:08
When I open the TShips, it will open correctly, but in the list of ships, the new races-IDs 20,21,22,23,24 seems no to pull the text of this new races from the t-file to be shown in the user interface. just cosmetics, but I wanted to mention it.
Good catch, just uploaded update 4 that fixes this :)

On another note, I could probably hide addon folder if in FL (addon2) mode or hide addon2 if in AP (addon) mode, I wasnt really sure when updating the tool so left as is, if it would be better to hide the other addon folder I probably could if users would prefer it.

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Thu, 20. May 21, 10:05

Forleyor wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 07:13
On another note, I could probably hide addon folder if in FL (addon2) mode or hide addon2 if in AP (addon) mode, I wasnt really sure when updating the tool so left as is, if it would be better to hide the other addon folder I probably could if users would prefer it.
I have gone ahead and done this to keep things tidy in Update 5, if for any reason anyone needs to see addon folder when in FL mode or addon2 when in AP mode please let me know and I will undo this change, although I cant think of any reason why anyone would want to see the other addon/addon2 directory? since the games are kept separate.

Edit: sorry for the double post, hope noone minds that :lol:

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Thu, 20. May 21, 23:00

Update works well! Thanks again!
Regarding the /addon/ folder I'm a bit abivalent. On one hand it makes no sense, if you are in a FL-mode to see Ap content, on other hand it may make it easier, to migrate content from an AP- to a new FL-mod. Bu for moving content it is stll possible to open a AP.cat/dat and copy content to another FL.cat/dat. So I propose to keep your latest hiding of the addon-folder, because it is more intuitive.

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sat, 22. May 21, 11:41

Aldebaran_Prime wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 23:00
Update works well! Thanks again!
Regarding the /addon/ folder I'm a bit abivalent. On one hand it makes no sense, if you are in a FL-mode to see Ap content, on other hand it may make it easier, to migrate content from an AP- to a new FL-mod. Bu for moving content it is stll possible to open a AP.cat/dat and copy content to another FL.cat/dat. So I propose to keep your latest hiding of the addon-folder, because it is more intuitive.
Glad to hear it is working well :)

Just released a small update (Update 6)

It turns out I included VersionGenerator.plugin in the download, This plugin appears to only have been needed by doubleshadow when preparing to release new versions of X3 Editor 2 or plugins. Because of this (and the fact its not actually part of X3 Editor 2 release or ever installed to users) I have uploaded a new version without this plugin, If you have VersionGenerator.plugin in your X3 Editor 2\Plugins directory from one of my previous downloads feel free to remove VersionGenerator.plugin

Note: If you remove VersionGenerator.plugin from one of my old downloads and then start X3 Editor 2, there is a chance you will get a message box saying:

"X3 Editor 2 has detected that a previously installed plugin "VersionGenerator" is longer installed. Do you wish to delete its settings"

Click "Yes" to delete its settings and that messagebox wont be shown again.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 28. May 21, 20:53

So I'm getting around to adding new jobs using this, and found an odd problem on my end.

It seems the following races: Pirates, Goner, ATF, Terran, Yaki, and OTAS are all autofilling-in on save if one is selected.

Step by step example:
Take a job entry, remove all the races assigned to it.
Assign the Terrans. Save the Jobs file, close the editor and reopen it.
Now the Pirates, Goner, ATF, Terran, Yaki, and OTAS are ALL assigned to said job.
For both choice of ship, and ship owner.

This resulted in, among other things, Pirates taking over Legends Home, and the ATF spawning in the Yaki systems.

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sat, 29. May 21, 00:07

Update 7 released in first post

Job Editor should be fixed now.

I hope it didn't cause you too much headache and mess up your mod files too much Aranov. Many thanks for reporting it, much appreciated!

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:51

Update 8 released.

Small fix for an issue with unpacking scripts from .pck to .xml in the VFS where filenames would loose part of their name when extracting as noted by Ramdat here viewtopic.php?f=201&t=436989&start=45#p5061535

I know scripts arent the main focus of X3 Editor 2, but should anyone need to unpack the scripts to .xml format in the VFS they should now unpack properly and not loose part of their filenames.

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 17:20

Forleyor wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:51
Update 8 released.

Small fix for an issue with unpacking scripts from .pck to .xml in the VFS where filenames would loose part of their name when extracting as noted by Ramdat here viewtopic.php?f=201&t=436989&start=45#p5061535

I know scripts arent the main focus of X3 Editor 2, but should anyone need to unpack the scripts to .xml format in the VFS they should now unpack properly and not loose part of their filenames.
How do I unpack the scripts into xml?

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 17:28

Ramdat wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 17:20
How do I unpack the scripts into xml?
You can extract the scripts folder in the Cat Manager, Click Scripts folder and then click extract when in the VFS view.

Note though that you will need the ingame script editor to actually load and edit files properly or X Studio from this forum here: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=439195

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”