[MOD] Colored sector name

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

JuyTak
x3ap

[MOD] Colored sector name

Post by JuyTak » Sat, 22. May 21, 21:49

Hello,

This mod adds a color to the sector name for each faction. I tried to keep the color of the same mod for X3TC and X3AP.
- Yellow ->Teladi
- Cyan -> Paranid
- Magenta -> Split
- Blue -> Argon
- White -> Terran
- Green -> Boron
- Red -> Pirate/Xenon

This is still in WIP but all sectors should have a color. There are some issues that I don't known how to resolve, if someone has an idea:
- Sometime the color dissapear when the name is on egde of the screen (cf Sector 598, or Exchange etc. on the screenshot). [Found the solution but it's going to be long. Maybe this will be resolved in the next version]
- The color of the sector persist in the name of the save (your save will have the color of the sector where you saved).
- No more orange color for the mission guidance.

This mod does not mark the game as modified.

Link : Colored sector name v0.2

Changelog :
v0.2
- Some greek letter were not colored.
- Removed the color for sector behind hyperspeed access points.
v0.1
- Initial version.

If you find a sector that has the wrong color code, tell me which one. It's possible that I forgot one.
Last edited by JuyTak on Mon, 24. May 21, 17:12, edited 2 times in total.

chip56

Re: [MOD] Colored sector name

Post by chip56 » Mon, 24. May 21, 10:48

I must be doing something wrong:
When i download your mod and put it into the mod folder (either manually or via plugin manager) i get the option to activate it as mod in the launcher. However when i launch X3FL with it as mod activated it cant find ANY text ID anymore.
If I put the the files into the addon2 main folder It ignores them and launches normally (which i somewhat expected but had to try anyway).
Could someone point out what i am doing wrong?

Edit: just remembered that "fake patches" are a thing in x3. So acutally renaming the files to "06" and mobing them to the main addon2 directory worked. This time they loaded AND i have my text correctly displayed. Still wonder why i lost the text when i installed it as mod though...

JuyTak
x3ap

Post by JuyTak » Mon, 24. May 21, 17:09

chip56 wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 10:48
Edit: just remembered that "fake patches" are a thing in x3. So acutally renaming the files to "06" and mobing them to the main addon2 directory worked. This time they loaded AND i have my text correctly displayed. Still wonder why i lost the text when i installed it as mod though...
It's because I forgot an s at the end of the file name. I uploaded a new version, some greek letter were not colored and I remove the color for sector behind hyperspeed access points.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Mon, 24. May 21, 19:54

One thing i noticed thats a bit unfortunate:
the coloring overrules the orange color of sectors from questmarkers. So if you want to find for example the next sector of a patrol, they are no longer highlighted on the map.
You would need to search for one letter so that the rest of the name of the found sectors would be highlighted for your quest

blazenclaw
x3ap

Post by blazenclaw » Wed, 26. May 21, 19:45

No orange color for mission guidance is noted in the first post lol

Would it be possible to add a different color for the Corporation HQs, bonus if it's a shade of their related faction? Ocean of Fantasy gamma maybe has a very pale green for Atreus being a Boron subsidiary, Home of Light alpha a deep blue-green for TerraCorp, PTNI Headquarters beta a green-brown for NMMC, etc for Lasting Vengeance, Rhonkar's Trial and Legend's Home. This would make placing Agents a bit easier when trying to remember which sector exactly the HQs are in :P

magic8
x3ap

Post by magic8 » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 06:35

Awesome mod! Thank you very much! :) :D
Yes, I love playing X with cockpits - This Space is for Rent

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 19:20

This requires an update for 1.2. Currently it causes ReadText errors, mostly with the complex planner.

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 23:11

The download does not work anymore...

gibnieauf500
x4

Post by gibnieauf500 » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 21:24

Does anyone have the mod yet and could upload it? :D

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 13:47

Just a suggestion. I haven't even played FL yet.

I coloured the sector names in my LxXRM game and the universe looked a lot better to me with Paranid coloured orange (\033O) and Terrans coloured silver (\033A). Particularly because I'm colour blind. May work better for you too.
I made a couple of X3 mods | Colour By Race | True Relations

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”