Modders Rock - Request to you guys...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Modders Rock - Request to you guys...

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 02:12

Hey Modders, first you guys should know you make a lot of kick ass stuff on here, and you are very much appreciated. I've been here since X2: Reunion (on another account registered to it - lost access to it long ago :( ). I am hoping to beg you guys for a little help on our latest offering of X3.

I love the vast changes made between it and AP that have occurred. I am however hoping someone is up to a few challenges. After-all, you guys do some amazing things for this game.

1. Hoping someone can help take advantage of our new repair features. Meaning the repair drones. There have been numerous times when passing an NPC ship doing it's job, wish I could repair that guy. Like when a pilot sells his ship, com him and offer to repair him. Allow us to use that Griffin's drones to there full potential. For a modest fee of course.

Before my next couple of requests, I know we have both bartering and black market options, and just because I have never seen these items, doesn't mean I didn't miss them by not visiting a station at the right time.

2. More items for the Black Market or Bartering. I was thinking Focus Crystals, Quantum Processors, Wildfire Missiles (my fav), harder to find missiles. I know the Split Strong Arms produced weapons are there. Additional engine over-tunings / rudder optimizations, Single-Use Jump Beacons (as only Terracorp seem to have them) which would come in handy for getting a transport to the Aran around the ahem, pain in the bugger ass cylons. :lol:

3. Explorer's Guild - Could someone add jump beacons to there random list? Either single-use or the expensive ones?

4. Diplomatic Mission - Hire a rapid response ship from a faction option to guard a system, or petition a faction to place a jump beacon for you? They would still own it, but they would place it at your marker. Or they could sell you one for the 250 million they cost?

5. Another option for Focus Crystals and Quantum Processor could be the Explorers Guild; either as a reward option or have there blue-prints available for HQ production. Focus crystals could easily be Nividium + condensed and compressed Crystals from a crystal fab. Quantum Processor could be something like Microchips + Computer Components + Nividium. That would give a better use for the Nividium we mine. The game calls Nividium a super conductor material.

6. Since it's been stated no new content will be added, which of course AP was supposed to be the last in the series, so yea right. Egosoft kicks too much butt to not surprise us in the future. Got to love them for that. The following is more of a fantasy list. But one I hope will someday get added.

New Ships
Argon - Leviathan (Battle Ship)
Paranid - Chronos (Battle Ship)

Currently only the Boron, Split, Xenon, Terran's possess these bigger class ships.

Argon Leviathan could be designed from a reverse engineered Kyoto captured from the Terran's during the war. Bigger than a colossus or Titan, carries better weapons, docks up to 4 or 6 ships from M5 up to M6 in an external docking bay. Kind of like the Ozias in a way. Turret Placements: Front, Left and Right Arcs; 10 bays each. Designed for Anti-Capital's. Up and Down; 4 Bays, anti-fighter. Rear; 6 bays, anti-missile.

Paranid Chronos could be designed like an Odysseus but made to carry 6 to 8 bombers exclusively externally. Similar weapons configuration to the new Argon Leviathan.

And again I know this is like a fantasy addition request. I get that. I am just hoping someone helping with the development of this game sees this, and takes any part of it and thinks it would be a nice addition to an already great game.

If I missed a mod already made that addresses anything on this, please link it for me. And I hope anything that can be made, we can get our developers to sign and add to the game.

And if not, well...... :( :oops: :gruebel: :?: :|

At least I asked. :D
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Modders Rock - Request to you guys...

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 02:16

One more request. More of a funny one. Can we get an option to transmit an insult to the Xenon who are within 25 km?

Kind of like: The boolean state of your artifical intelligence factor = false. Or your mother AI mated with a Teladi Bat and produced the Teladi Harrier? Or maybe even a 1 + 1 = 1 because xenon are still singularly stupid? Intent is to make nearby Xenon upset and target you. Especially that lone P who is making a beeline for that Xenon sector, or the Q you want to follow into weapons range of an Orbital Weapons Platform.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Modders Rock - Request to you guys...

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 11:56

Other than the models, most of this stuff should be relativity easy to add.

1. This was originally planned, if i get chance i might make it into a mod to release, but its not too difficult add in with the new scripted comms system

2. I made a script for X3 Reunion that added some stuff to the bartering menu, this is still possible to do, and can work for the blackmarket as well. Essentially you create a merchant or dealer and give it a list of items you want it to sell

3. Depending on where you want it adding you just need to edit the explorers guild script, either plugin.expguild.rewards, if you want it to be buyable via discovery points, or plugin.expguild.run, if you want it created in random crates. For the 2nd option, you can also create a simple script to spawn new creates as well if you wanted to keep it separate from the explorers guild scripts

4 These are a little more involved, but not that difficult, Diplomacy tasks essentially work in the same way as ship commands do, you register the new task and give it a script to run

5. Adding blueprints is straight forward, you just edit the HQ.xml file and add the ware you wish to use, then you just need to add some way to obtain it in game. Simply adding it to the HQ, creating a Create with it in, adding it to the Explorers Guild, creating a diplomatic task to acquire it, etc.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”