[SCRIPT] Automatic Ship Renamer : V1.01 : 2023-09-16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Automatic Ship Renamer : V1.01 : 2023-09-16

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 31. Oct 21, 00:24

===================================================
Script: Automatic Ship Renamer
Version: V1.01
Author: Cycrow
Created: 2023/09/16
Game: X3: Farnhams Legacy
===================================================

:arrow: Downloading Install via the Plugin Manager

:arrow: Introduction:

The Automatic Ship Renamer allows you to rename ships that are homebased on your factories buy using various variables/expressions.

:arrow: Usage:

To use the script, you simply need to run it in one of your stations command slots, it will keep updating the homebase ships while the command remains running.
When you start the command, the menu will first appear allowing you to configure the renaming.

:arrow: Configure Menu
renamer_menu.png
The Global settings will apply uses the same value for all stations, you only have to set it once, and changing it in any station will change it for all of them

Using the option "Edit Name String" allows you to type in the exact value you want to use, all the text in [brackets] will be replaced with various parameters
You can also use the "Add Variable" option to view a list of available variables. Selecting one will add it to the current name
rename_variable.png
All ships that are homebased can be assigned an ID number which can be used to display a different id for each ship, using the variable [shipid]
Once everything is all setup, use "Start Command" to start it running
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Automatic Ship Renamer : V1.00 : 2021-10-30

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:51

Can I run this script with RSWE or will the two clash?

Also I'll ask you the next question rather than posting on the appropriate thread as I don't think the author is around the forums anymore.
RSWE used the custom command to rename ships directly from their menu, that way one can use the function even if the target ship is docked, in FL the custom menu has gone. Could that command be moved to some other place? For example the additional commands or the community plugin configuration?

Or if I maybe excused for making a bold request, could you make the modification yourself? If is not too much trouble.
As far as I tell it is the only thing that is needed to make RSWE fully functional in FL.

Cheers

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 16:03

I dont know how RSWE does the renaming, so dont know if they will clash.
However if they both try to rename the same ship then that could be an issue as they will both try to keep changing the name.

if you use it on separate ships, i cant see why they wouldn't work together.

For the custom menu, do you mean the custom command group in the ships command console ? that should still exist in FL.
the script may just need to be changed to register the command correctly. As in FL you can register custom commands and define the menu they appear in (rather than just always in the Custom Group)

Currently this mainly works on stations rather than ships, i may look at adding a separate ship naming function sometime

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 16:34

Ok I could give it a try and see if they coexist. As far as the custom command menu goes, yes it is the one I mean but in my game it doesn't show at all, I don't know if it is a problem with my game or it's actually meant to be that way.

How hard would it be to make the command appear somewhere else? That is what I had in mind and in my ignorance I thought in the additional command menu would be best, thinking that it would not clash with any present, future or past scripts. If you are going to answer that question keep in mind it will have to be in a way that a child could understand it, like Sesame Str. style, so if it is a complicated process I don't want to waste your time explaining it as I wont understand it for sure.

I will certainly look forward to any update to this or any other scripts of yours.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 18:56

Is there a way to save one of rename strings to presets, so I can easily use same naming scheme for all of my stations?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 14:51

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 24. Feb 23, 16:03

For the custom menu, do you mean the custom command group in the ships command console ? that should still exist in FL.
Could you (or anybody) please confirm that the custom command section is present in FL, in my game is just not available.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 17:34

it is present in FL. However it will only show up if you any available commands there. Any groups that have no available commands will be hidden

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 18:53

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 17:34
it is present in FL. However it will only show up if you any available commands there. Any groups that have no available commands will be hidden
Ok, so as RSWE used the custom menu in the previous versions of X3 and yet the menu does not show in my game, I am guessing the script is not setup right for FL, I am quoting you:
the script may just need to be changed to register the command correctly. As in FL you can register custom commands and define the menu they appear in (rather than just always in the Custom Group)
Presuming that is the case, I have not the capacity to fix this issue by doing what is quoted above, so as a workaround I am going to ask you what is probably a stupid question:

if I would install another script that "calls up" the custom group by putting a command there, would I also find the commands for RSWE in it?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”